Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? (1860 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / My Marriage Life , (I Feel Cheated) / My Marriage Life Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by omiobo: 7:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
My marriage life became a month old today. I learnt my first lesson yesterday that one should not put his trust in his wife. No matter the level of her knowledge and understanding dont consult her everytime you want to take decision.
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by harbeordune(f): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
I dnt Believe dat. ‎​ ‎​Τ̲̅ђe Couple shd take all decisions togeda. ‎​ Ǧ☺ϑ help us all

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by omiobo: 7:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
harbeordune: I dnt Believe dat. ‎​ ‎​Τ̲̅ђe Couple shd take all decisions togeda. ‎​ Ǧ☺ϑ help us all
that was my lesson. If you dnt have. Just expect...
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by kittykat1(f): 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2013
OP,

What happened? NLders cld help you sort out the issue. It won't help your marriage to just decide to stop trusting your wife
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by baby124: 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
What happened Mr.
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by omiobo: 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
kitty kat: OP,

What happened? NLders cld help you sort out the issue. It won't help your marriage to just decide to stop trusting your wife
huh! Amebo! I'm a man enough to handle my family affairs. It was just a lessön not a problem. Thx for ur concern.
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by baby124: 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
To stay for the long run "inu e ma jin" ni. Which means you have to have a forgiving spirit. If it is anything that happened before the marriage address it and truly let it go. You have to let go of the spirit of malice and resentment, otherwise you wouldn't last. Sure there are things that are deal breakers. But don't hold on to little things, or things said in anger. Forgive and forget. But both of you should learn and grow from each disagreement.always speak your mind. My two cowries. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
So what exactly do you need ? since you can handle this ? What lesson? That people shouldn't trust their wives?

Don't get me wrong...I'm just being sincere.
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by omiobo: 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2013
baby_123: To stay for the long run "inu e ma jin" ni. Which means you have to have a forgiving spirit. If it is anything that happened before the marriage address it and truly let it go. You have to let go of the spirit of malice and resentment, otherwise you wouldn't last. Sure there are things that are deal breakers. But don't hold on to little things, or things said in anger. Forgive and forget. But both of you should learn and grow from each disagreement.always speak your mind. My two cowries. kiss
thx before now i've learnt how to forgive my partner before she asks for forgivesness.
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by omiobo: 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
jidegirl12: So what exactly do you need ? since you can handle this ? What lesson? That people shouldn't trust their wives?

Don't get me wrong...I'm just being sincere.
na wa o! Nlers are very funny. if i need nlers' advice,i will ask. This thread is about lesson learnt in marriage life.
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by baby124: 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
omiobo:
thx before now i've learnt how to forgive my partner before she asks for forgivesness.

You can't last if you can't trust. Chain of events will happen that will destroy the whole thing. Any decision you make right now affects your family. Two heads are better than one and reduces mistakes. I am sure you married the right person who you know will always tell you the truth whether you like it or not. If she betrayed your trust let her know. And let her know how important trust is in a relationship. Don't just start counting and holding things in. If you try counting na hypertension o.
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by omiobo: 8:27pm On Jan 13, 2013
baby_123:

You can't last if you can't trust. Chain of events will happen that will destroy the whole thing. Any decision you make right now affects your family. Two heads are better than one and reduces mistakes. I am sure you married the right person who you know will always tell you the truth whether you like it or not. If she betrayed your trust let her know. And let her know how important trust is in a relationship. Don't just start counting and holding things in. If you try counting na hypertension o.
ok ma! Back to the topic of the thread,what was ur first lession in ur marriage?
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by baby124: 8:32pm On Jan 13, 2013
omiobo:
ok ma! Back to thread,what was ur first lession in ur marriage?

No malice! I work on any issue affecting me asap. I don't let it even linger for 1min. I don't keep grudges and am one to forget am even fighting with someone. So if I ever get in that situation (malice/ unforgiveness), everyone around me will be miserable. So I don't go there.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by victorian(f): 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
I should always talk about my feelings on time, good or bad, cos he listens and hates grudges.
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by victorian(f): 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
But op, if u don't trust your wife?......Who will u trust, as you are already one with her?... Just asking?....
And taking family decisions alone , without her, that will affect both yur lives?... How do u think she will feel?... If u were in her shoes? undecided
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by butta(m): 9:07pm On Jan 13, 2013
grin grin cant help laffing at your user name l ;Dl omiobo
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by omiobo: 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2013
butta: grin grin cant help laffing at your user name l ;Dl omiobo
lol! Not what u think
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by omiobo: 9:53pm On Jan 13, 2013
victorian: But op, if u don't trust your wife?......Who will u trust, as you are already one with her?... Just asking?....
And taking family decisions alone , without her, that will affect both yur lives?... How do u think she will feel?... If u were in her shoes? undecided
so far all replies gotten are from women. Anyway i dont expect you all to reason with me but i know i've learnt lesson 1
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by hunkyjohn(m): 9:59pm On Jan 13, 2013
You have to know each others limitations, strengths and weakness. One good example is in taking risk. Some people are risk averse and others are not. Imagine a couple: One a serious risk taker and the other a risk averse person. Sometimes, the risk taker may have to take some calculated risks before telling. Though he / she has to be careful not to take this to the extreme. On the other hand, it is good to hear the other person's point of view to balance things out. It is usually better to discuss and agree on most things but not every single thing.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by yuzedo: 10:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
Biology! tongue
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by Mrsmansson(f): 12:00am On Jan 14, 2013
@ op na u sabi oh.chief lesson learner.can see u have really learnt well.am sure with time all your trust is going to be concubines undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by greatgod2012(f): 2:14am On Jan 14, 2013
@op, firstly, happy married life!

2ndly, as regards this lesson learnt in yur marriage, sorry, she might have really betrayed yur trust indeed, but instead of keeping resentment against her, why dont you call her and tell her what she did wrong, let her know dt dis is marriage and not bf/gf relationship, im just concerned about your marriage, because its just too early to be taking such decision, that is what marriage is all about, no perfect person in life, imagine, two imperfect persons together, therefore, dont expect perfect marriage, its all about TOLERANCE, COMPROMISE and TRUST. May God help us all.

First lesson learnt.............to grow up, i use to behave funny when we first got married, on any little issue, i flare up as if im dealing with a non-human, d day my hubby called me by my first name and said, "i want you to know that this is marriage and marriages are not meant for babies, d4, grow up, if you want us to enjoy this marriage together". That statement was an eye-opener for me, it changed d way i reason and helped my marriage, 8yrs and still counting, its like we just got married yesterday..
Again, may God help us all, especially to make and take d right decision.
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 14, 2013
omiobo: My marriage life became a month old today. I learnt my first lesson yesterday that one should not put his trust in his wife. No matter the level of her knowledge and understanding dont consult her everytime you want to take decision.

Ol' boy that was quite a bad lesson to learn. Care to share why?
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by greatgod2012(f): 12:41am On Jan 25, 2013
davidylan:

Ol' boy that was quite a bad lesson to learn. Care to share why?

only God know why he doesnt want to share for others in his shoes to learn.
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 25, 2013
My first lesson ---I learnt to use my mind more than I use my mouth.At the initial stage of the marriage,I wasn't very economical with words,my words can ruin a man.Now,I am very picky with words and have learnt more effective methods to put my stand across without engaging in any battle.
Re: What Was Your First Lesson In Your Marriage Life? by AspySuspy: 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
To never put all my men in one basket!!! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Advice Is Needed Pls! / Case closed thanks / Evil Mother Dumps Day-old baby In Pit (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.