Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,691 members, 7,820,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Yoruba Christians Are Not As Fanatical, I Noticed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yoruba Christians Are Not As Fanatical, I Noticed (681 Views)

. / Yoruba Christians, How Do You Deal With Lies And Misconceptions In Yoruba Bible? / A Question For Yoruba Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Christians Are Not As Fanatical, I Noticed by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 14, 2013
I've never met a born-again Yoruba christian.

If they're christians at all they tend to not do all the fellowship/speaking in tongues stuff.

They rarely disturb anyone with their christian faith. In fact when they want to practise flamboyant christianity they join the Aladura, which infuses an African character with the christian rites.

I commend them for their moderation in following the imported faith.

Hopefully soon enough, they'll fully re-embrace the far superior (in my view) Ifa religion of their ancestors - once the colonial influence finally wears off on them.

As for my fellow Igbos - experts at crying louder than the bereaved - the less said about them the better.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Christians Are Not As Fanatical, I Noticed by birdman(m): 2:07am On Jan 14, 2013
I dont see any difference between Yoruba and Igbo when it comes to flamboyant christianity. Aladura may not be flamboyant, but they are definitely nuisances with loud prayers at night, littering the beach with candles and stuff, etc
Re: Yoruba Christians Are Not As Fanatical, I Noticed by tpia5: 3:57am On Jan 14, 2013
@ poster

and you are?
Re: Yoruba Christians Are Not As Fanatical, I Noticed by okosodo: 5:45am On Jan 14, 2013
Yoruba muslims are fake, they do not obey the qu‘ran “kill them wherever you find them“
Re: Yoruba Christians Are Not As Fanatical, I Noticed by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 14, 2013
you all need God except tpia@
Re: Yoruba Christians Are Not As Fanatical, I Noticed by Frostyzone(m): 7:55am On Jan 14, 2013
@Op, you couldn't tell Yoruba Christians and Igbo Christians apart even if your miserable life depends on it. I should know, cus I belong to both ethnic groups after all.

On the other hand, Yoruba Muslims are quite different from Hausa/Fulani Muslims in the sense that they practise their faith peacefully as opposed to their violent northern counterparts.

And what exactly did you meant by calling the Igbos your brothers, and then proceeded to diss them.

ROSSIKE:
As for my fellow Igbos - experts at crying
louder than the bereaved
- the less said about
them the better.

Are you on weeds?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Christians Are Not As Fanatical, I Noticed by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 14, 2013
ROSSIKE: I've never met a born-again Yoruba christian.

If they're christians at all they tend to not do all the fellowship/speaking in tongues stuff.

They rarely disturb anyone with their christian faith. In fact when they want to practise flamboyant christianity they join the Aladura, which infuses an African character with the christian rites.

I commend them for their moderation in following the imported faith.

Hopefully soon enough, they'll fully re-embrace the far superior (in my view) Ifa religion of their ancestors - once the colonial influence finally wears off on them.

As for my fellow Igbos - experts at crying louder than the bereaved - the less said about them the better.

Good morning sir,

I don't think fanaticism has anything to do with where one is from. It really is a personal thing! You can find moderates and fanatics anywhere irrespective of their tribe or ethnic group.

Thank you!
Re: Yoruba Christians Are Not As Fanatical, I Noticed by tpia5: 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
jacobscros: you all need God except tpia@

actually, i need God more.

ma koja mi Olugbala.
Re: Yoruba Christians Are Not As Fanatical, I Noticed by Rossikk(m): 4:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
See me see trouble.
Re: Yoruba Christians Are Not As Fanatical, I Noticed by JeSoul(f): 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2013
Rossikk, the spambot tagged/banned you for that last post. I've untagged it, should be fine now.

(1) (Reply)

Illusionist Derren Brown Shows The Psycology Behind Conversions! / Salah Al-din Yusuf Ibn Ayyub The Greatest Warrior Of All Time. / False Teachers? What Makes A Person One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.