Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,506 members, 7,854,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:49 AM

We (Everyday Nigerians) and Our Leaders Are Failing Nigeria!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We (Everyday Nigerians) and Our Leaders Are Failing Nigeria!!! (438 Views)

MEND Endorses Buhari, Accuses President Jonathan Of Failing Nigeria -premiumtime / MEND Endorses Buhari, Accuses President Jonathan Of Failing Nigeria / The Youths Are Failing Nigeria By Funsho Michaels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We (Everyday Nigerians) and Our Leaders Are Failing Nigeria!!! by 5columnist: 11:44am On Jan 14, 2013
 I sit in tears every day and ponder who we are, what drives us and what we represent? Militants fighting, kidnappers are having a field day and government not meeting expectations of a people and I sit in tears and ponder!!

 Ex-military leaders fighting to get back to power and the voice of the common man drowned. Lost in our lust for wealth we have lost a sense of collectivism. Is capitalism right for our progress?

 Our rich African communal culture is dead, one can no longer travel from the cities to our autonomous societies where we come from because of insecurity.

 Massively twigged educational system currently breeds arm robbers, harlots and cultists and little of those that quest for genuine knowledge.

 How did we get to this road with many uncertain exits and how can we realign simple moral virtues to fit into the fabric of the entity called Nigeria.

 In tears and truth that just as Nigeria, many Nations forced to exist as one in the days of colonial greed are faced with the same dilemma as regards to who they are and how best to govern a people. Nonetheless, can't we all find a common sensible ground to continually exist as Nigeria?

 Obviously status quo appears to have failed. Can't we find a new recipe to our need to become greater than numbers? Where is that patriotic Nigerian that can take us there regardless of region? I am saddened because in anger every day I read about criticism pf this current government and the deliberate problems created for the government because they are power hungry for 2015 thus will not support any programme that will move this country forward.

 I personally thought to myself that the Northerners has done more harm to this country than good but with restraint I apologies to my fellow countrymen who are from the North and faces these same hardship and quagmire on the way forward.

 Should we continue to write on blogs in anger and not act as that Nigerian that should take us there? Who do we think holds the mantle of leadership? Government or we? Criticism is good but subjectively done be clouds the essence of constructive thinking. Government is only a tool that can help us achieve greatness if deliberately approached with a sense of patriotism and people in government should not be ignored!!!

 Nigeria is bigger than the politics of today. Nigerians are enterprising people that can become the best in their areas of interest if given a chance.
Re: We (Everyday Nigerians) and Our Leaders Are Failing Nigeria!!! by 5columnist: 4:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
Why una go comment, because it is something worthwhile to think about everybody don run.. If na GEJ is failing post...rabid sick dogs will jump on board.
Re: We (Everyday Nigerians) and Our Leaders Are Failing Nigeria!!! by slimming: 4:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
People don tire for nigeria
Re: We (Everyday Nigerians) and Our Leaders Are Failing Nigeria!!! by 5columnist: 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
slimming: People don tire for nigeria
We should not be tired. The people who ruined this country have citizenships for their children in western world. esp. UK and USA. That is why they can continue to destroy our country. then we help them by pumping more fire to bas situation. Nigeria can heal.
Re: We (Everyday Nigerians) and Our Leaders Are Failing Nigeria!!! by ebucha: 7:38pm On Jan 14, 2013
Very soon...

1 Like

Re: We (Everyday Nigerians) and Our Leaders Are Failing Nigeria!!! by 5columnist: 8:00pm On Jan 14, 2013
ebucha: Very soon...

One day Nigerians will take over their country from political shenanigans!!!!! ACN, PDP, CPC and who the hell of a party you are. Take note. Nigerians are tired of being played as the fools while the theives get richer and the poor celebrate them without shame!!!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Oil Thieves Say Government Leaves Them No Choice / EFCC Finally Arraigns Babalakin Over N4.7bn Ibori’s Loot / Is It Me Or Does The New NY Gun Laws Actually Ban All Handguns Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.