Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,753 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:19 PM

Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 (17755 Views)

Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos / No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal / No Election Updates In The Southeast And Southsouth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
ThisDayLive:

While Nigerians and indeed the political class are already jostling ahead of the 2015 elections, the Vice-Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the 2011 elections and officiating pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has expressed doubts over the possibility of having the much anticipated elections in 2015.

Bakare, the running mate to General Muhammdu Buhari (rtd), who spoke with journalists after preaching a sermon titled: ‘Corruption and the Soul of Nigeria’ at his church in Lagos, said rather than 2015, the expected election in Nigeria will come earlier, in 2014.

“I don’t believe there will be an election in 2015. Instead, the election will come up in 2014. There are issues that will come up that will make the election happen in 2014,” he said.

The cleric lamented the deteriorating conditions in the country and blamed the backwardness, especially the retrogressive indices common with Nigeria in international ratings to the unabated corruption among political office holders, stressing that: “Corruption is killing Nigeria.”
He advised Nigerians to prayer fervently to rescue the country.

“We must pray and blow the trumpets in the hope that our nation can be saved by God before it sinks,” he said.

While making reference to the $1.5 billion loan collected by the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) without proper approval and without precise action taken against the NNPC, he noted that “we have two nations in Nigeria; the Federal Republic of NNPC and the democratic Nigeria and described the imbroglio between President Goodluck Jonathan and former President Olusegun Obasanjo as part of the “ambush”, which he mentioned earlier in his sermon, which will lead to the eventual emancipation of the country.

He lambasted Obasanjo for portraying the Jonathan as not tackling corruption, noting that he entrenched corruption in the country.

“Obasanjo goes about saying that Nigeria will go up in flames because his successor was allowing corruption to go on unchecked but he laid the foundation for corruption,” the cleric said.

While not sounding enthusiastic about the political alignments and re-alignments currently going on ahead of the 2015, when asked which party he now belongs to, Bakare said: “I’d never have any political party in my life. I belong to God. I sat down at home when the CPC called and I accepted because I believe that there are still men who will rescue the country. Now I don’t have any political ambition. I’m now doing what I love to do most. Politics can only take away from me.”

However, Bakare reiterated calls for a national dialogue as a way forward and assured Nigerians that there was still hope for Nigeria to attain its full potential in a near future, with God’s intervention.

Source

4 Likes

Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
Saying that there will be an election in 2014 is arrogating powers unknown to the constitution to himself & undermining the fed govt.
Pastor Bakare & d opposition constitute d 3rd con3 after NNPC & the democratic Nig(in his submission)
If Pastor Bakare has a revelation from God, he could have said it by asking Nigerians to pray against early elections, instd of what he just said. To me ,his statement is daring the fed govt to do it's worst.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by izenco2005(m): 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
Plz who is bakare
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Dygeasy(m): 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
This guy just dey laff frm white house..."Let them keep confusing themselves"

2 Likes

Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Drdaps(m): 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
so Bakare,the Political pastor is now God.
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
There will be a selection by the pdp and jonathan will be imposed on Nigerians.End of discussion.
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by iamswizz(m): 12:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
THIS POST DOES NOT WANT TO HIDE.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by izuch(m): 12:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
;D2nd that morn key should go find his place in the zoo.
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Tmum: 12:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
Abeg who b bakare?na police or army....

1 Like

Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
Even water melons dey sit down look. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by duality(m): 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
ledafaze: Bakare, the running mate to General Muhammdu Buhari (rtd), who spoke with journalists after preaching a sermon titled: ‘Corruption and the Soul of Nigeria’

No more salvation messages. na waoooo!!!.

when asked which party he now belongs to, Bakare said: “I’d never have any political party in my life. I belong to God. I sat down at home when the CPC called and I accepted
[b][/b]

some people said CPC was never a DEMOCRATIC party. I see.
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by blackbeau1(f): 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
Professor Doom releases his poison
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by madone: 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
Anytime they are ready to vote they should tell us the nija people,then we can pass it to the masses so that the masses can tell the aged and homeless to stand under hot sun and rain to stain their left or right thumb with ink. then we know the next set of thieves and then we of back to our normal habits of readin news papers and debate on internet as football fans.they can even have it this year who care.abi is it not the same set of thieves running things since 1963 till date.

3 Likes

Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Onyenna(m): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
....Nonsense.....
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Nonybb: 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
Fellow Nigerians watch these prophets of doom. They are at it again and any of their postulate would never materialize. Their prophecies brings no edification but terror and fear of the unknown. Watch them cos we Nigerians are not new to these nonsense
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Igwe9(m): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
phew! thought he was gonna contradict Mr. President's statement on Nigeria not disintegrating before 2015 as rumored
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by dodoro(m): 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2013
So what happens if the election holds in 2015? No one should play God.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by dridowu: 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2013
Time will tell, anyway sha 1st to k.omet
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by bejay1(m): 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
Tmum: Abeg who b bakare?na police or army....
Ask google
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by ejifranks(m): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
is this man educated at all.. what happened to the constitution and its dictates on how elections are done in the country, or is he foreseeing a coup or something undecided

1 Like

Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Raxxye(m): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
Would like to know if this is a spiritual pronouncement in which case he must have heard directly from God, or the pastor c.um politician came about it by political calculation. Pastor TB should tell us a liitle more!
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by strangest(m): 1:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
GOOD PROPHESY... SAI GEJ 2015
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by born2boink(m): 1:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
izenco2005: Plz who is bakare
your secondary school teacher

1 Like

Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by y2kaustin(m): 1:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
Nonybb: Fellow Nigerians watch these prophets of doom. They are at it again and any of their postulate would never materialize. Their prophecies brings no edification but terror and fear of the unknown. Watch them cos we Nigerians are not new to these nonsense
.....sharaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by touchmehard: 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
“I’d never have any political party in my life. I belong to God. I sat down at home when the CPC called and I accepted because I believe that there are still men who will rescue the country. Now I don’t have any political ambition. I’m now doing what I love to do most. Politics can only take away from me.”

So it's now that he wants to go back to what he "loves to do most"?
Why did he leave what he "loves to do most" for politics before?
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by eagleeye2: 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
izenco2005: Plz who is bakare

Ask the person who wrote this;
Nairaland is owned by Oluwaseun Osewa (© 2005 - 2013).
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
ejifranks: is this man educated at all.. what happened to the constitution and its dictates on how elections are done in the country, or is he foreseeing a coup or something undecided
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
ejifranks: is this man educated at all.. what happened to the constitution and its dictates on how elections are done in the country, or is he foreseeing a coup or something undecided
it does seem natural to think this way, if you closely look at the Nigerian situation and the size of our nation and armed forces.
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by MyMouth(m): 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
I think the new electoral act states that there should be elections 6 months or so before the date of handing over, this is to allow for time to settle all electoral issues in court. so i think he is right to say election would hold in 2014. that should be in November or December, 6mounth before handing over date of may 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by lekanolas: 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
As I have heard some people say: ''there is order in chaos'' this is why we must pray; If you know the core composition of the armed forces, the major population belongs to the geographical region above the river Niger.
Re: Bakare: There Will Be No Election In 2015 by Joe50(m): 1:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
are they going to kiss GEJ? before 2015 as they kill Yakowa? angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck / FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme / Wike And Ikpeazu Join Ortom In Enugu For G5 PDP Governors Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.