Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,896 members, 7,956,373 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:51 AM

Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. (1832 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? / Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by Stalwert: 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
^
Lol grin you must be commended for being to lie with a straight face!
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2013
Stalwert: ^
Lol grin you must be commended for being to lie with a straight face!

Troll harder
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by truthislight: 2:35pm On Jan 17, 2013
Stalwert:
The prestigious Mayo Clinic found that
that religious involvement and
spirituality are associated with better
physical health, mental health, health-
related quality of life and other health
Currently, there is an ongoing debate on
whether atheism was a causal factor for
Friedrich Nietzsche's insanity or whether
it was caused purely through disease.
Duke University has established the
Center for Spirituality, Theology and
Health.[7] The Duke University Center
for Spirituality, Theology and Health is
based in the Center for Aging at Duke
and gives opportunities for scholarly
trans-disciplinary conversation and the
development of collaborative research
projects.[8] In respect to the atheism
and mental and physical health, the
center offers many studies which
suggest that theism is more beneficial
than atheism.[9]
The Christian group Teen Challenge
reported the following:

Currently, there is an ongoing debate
regarding whether atheism was a causal
factor for Friedrich Nietzsche's insanity
or whether it was caused strictly by
disease.[12] [13]
An article published on the Hong Kong
Baptist University website offers the
following regarding the cause of
Friedrich Nietzsche's insanity:

Trying to explain what caused his
insanity can only be a matter of
speculation. Some people believe it was
the result of a physical illness. Others
interpret his suffering as that of a true
prophet, almost as if he were accepting
the punishment on behalf of those who
could not see mankind's tendency
towards self-destruction so clearly. Still
others regard his final fate as a natural
outcome of his philosophical outlook.[13]

The Russian-born psychoanalyst and
writer Lou Andreas-Salomé, who had a
brief and tempestuous affair with
Nietzsche, believed that Nietzsche's
philosophy can be viewed as a reflection
of his psychology and that his madness
was the result of his philosophizing.[14]
In addition, the French historian René
Girard asserted that Nietzsche's
philosophy led to his insanity

www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_health

Sounds plausible to me!

A look at some of them and their ascendency level of restlessness and sleeplessness is a pointer.

Stalwert:
The Russian-born psychoanalyst and
writer Lou Andreas-Salomé, who had a
brief and tempestuous affair with
Nietzsche, believed that Nietzsche's
philosophy can be viewed as a reflection
of his psychology and that his madness
was the result of his philosophizing.[14]
In addition, the French historian René
Girard asserted that Nietzsche's
philosophy led to his insanity

www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_health
^^^

it is possible.
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
truthislight:

Sounds plausible to me!

A look at some of them and their ascendency level of restlessness and sleeplessness is a pointer.

^^^

it is possible.

Have you no shame?
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by Paschal007: 9:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
Wow i once read a thread here about certain boy who was depressed and thought of committing suicide. His suicidal thoughts left him after he attended a church. Guys be careful how you interact with all this unpredictable suicidal...i no fit shout shocked shocked shocked

In More Religious Countries, Lower Suicide Rates

Lower suicide rates not a matter of national income

by Brett Pelham and Zsolt Nyiri

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Gallup Polls from 2005 and 2006 show that countries that are more religious tend to have lower suicide rates
The 2005 and 2006 Gallup Polls asked respondents whether religion was an important part of their daily lives, if they had attended a place of worship in the week prior to polling, and whether they had confidence in religious organizations in their countries. The Gallup Religiosity Index reflects the percentage of positive responses to these three items. A nation's index score speaks to that nation's overall level of religiosity.

Comparing the Religiosity Index scores of different countries with suicide statistics published in 2007 by the World Health Organization reveals a clear pattern: Countries that are more religious tend to have lower suicide rates. For example, whereas the Philippines has one of the world's highest religiosity scores (79), Japan has one of the world's lowest scores (29). Suicide rates in the Philippines are almost 12 times lower than rates in Japan. Paraguayans, who are much more religious than Uruguayans are, also have suicide rates about five times lower than in Uruguay. The United States falls near the middle of the international pack in religiosity, at 61. The United States also falls near the middle of the international pack in suicide rates, having the 32nd highest suicide rate out of 67 countries.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/108625/more-religious-countries-lower-suicide-rates.aspx
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by plaetton: 10:22pm On Jan 17, 2013
Not surprising at all. As we have pointed out before, religion is a very efficacious drug against the many ailments of the human psyche.
No doubts about that.
My post is just here to point otu that everyone has a choice , including the non-religious as to how they want to medicate their various neurosis and psychosis.

One can either take a one-a-day tablet or find the appropriate religious sect or doctrine that best suites one's neurotic or psychotic ailments.
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by plaetton: 8:16am On Jan 18, 2013
Are you afraid of your own shadow, your own dreams, witches, and haunted by demons? Are ancestral spirits chasing you everywhere you go?
Are the nocturnal nymphs, Incubus and Succubi intimately molesting you every night?
If yes to any of the above, then do not worry anymore,
For, I have the perfect religion for you.
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by plaetton: 8:21am On Jan 18, 2013
Are you obsessed and constantly dream of talking snakes, talking donkeys, burning bushes and ravaging holy spirits?
Well, if you do,
then I have the perfect religion for you.
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by plaetton: 8:25am On Jan 18, 2013
Are you a lazy bum but who craves to live large on the sweath of others by cajoling, blackmailing or threatening them to give you 10% of their earnings?
If that is you, ten I have he perfect religion for you.
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by plaetton: 8:30am On Jan 18, 2013
Are you lonely , poor, angry and unable to get a date? Do you crave to have a sin party with 72 virgins(somebody else's daughters) and you wouldn't mind blowing yourself up along with many innocent people, just to make that dream date possible?
If that's you, then your dreams may come true,
because I have the perfect religion for you.
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by cyrexx: 9:04am On Jan 18, 2013
plaetton: Are you lonely , poor, angry and unable to get a date? Do you crave to have a sin party with 72 virgins(somebody else's daughters) and you wouldn't mind blowing yourself up along with many innocent people, just to make that dream date possible?
If that's you, then your dreams may come true,

LMAO!!

But then instead of blowing oneself up to get 72 virgins in paradise, why not just get laid 72 times and have your own paradise on earth. grin

Deluded goons!

1 Like

Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by plaetton: 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
Do you have problems with divine arithmetic? Have you been convinced that 1+1+1=1, but you are still trying to figure it out ? No problems,
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by plaetton: 1:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
Are you an old man who wears funny fish shaped hats, who presides over an empire of 1.2 billion sheeple, and who holds a grand delusion of infallability?
If that is you, then I also have the perfect religion for you.
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
Lolol. Plaeton, what medication are you on these days?
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by plaetton: 4:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
Reyginus: Lolol. Plaeton, what medication are you on these days?

I can't remember what the doctor called it.
Do you have any religion you can prescribe for me?. grin
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
plaetton:

I can't remember what the doctor called it.
Do you have any religion you can prescribe for me?. grin
Lol. You don't need a religion. What you need is brand new brain.:-P
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by plaetton: 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. You don't need a religion. What you need is brand new brain.:-P

Good brains are hard to find these days.
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by truthislight: 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
lol, whats the difference between you and this MOG's.?

Well, it seems they do exactly the same.

Carry go. The sheeple will call.
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by plaetton: 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
Are you obsessed with apocalyptic scriptures and prophesies? Do you fantasize about the end of the world? Do you despise everything about this world and Are eagerly awaiting the destruction of this earth so that you can be raptured into another, more wonderful, world(which you know nothing about)? If this is you,
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by truthislight: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2013
plaetton: Are you obsessed with apocalyptic scriptures and prophesies? Do you fantasize about the end of the world? Do you despise everything about this world and Are eagerly awaiting the destruction of this earth so that you can be raptured into another, more wonderful, world(which you know nothing about)? If this is you,

na wa o!

Which one come be the world you "know nothing about" again na?

How can one go into a world he knows nothing about na?

Which religion promise this one sef ?
Hmmm!

*Smh
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by plaetton: 4:33am On Feb 14, 2013
truthislight:

na wa o!

Which one come be the world you "know nothing about" again na?

How can one go into a world he knows nothing about na?

Which religion promise this one sef ?
Hmmm!

*Smh

Are christians not awaiting a rapture to heaven? Is heaven not a brand new world that we know nothing about?

JWs believe that they will inherit a brand new world when this present one is destroyed and rebuilt.
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by truthislight: 1:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
plaetton:

JWs believe that they will inherit a brand new world when this present one is destroyed and rebuilt.

the word "world/earth" as used in the bible some times is a reference to mankind just as church = the congregation/people.

The word "heaven" is also used sometimes to signify the ruling authority.

See:

(2 Peter 3:5-6).
"For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:" (2 Peter 3:5-6).

Here ^, we know that in noah's day, only living things were destroyed, but the use of the word "world" there is refering to the people that were destroyed.

Also, the rulership of that time was also gone = heaven.

See vers 7:

(2 Peter 3:7).
"But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men." (2 Peter 3:7).

Should we conclude that the throne of God "heaven" will be burn with fire? No.

But this current rulership over mankind will be remove and replace with that of christ and his co rulers.

(Revelation 20:6).
"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." (Revelation 20:6).

So, people know where the are going.

For me, i love to see a earth with no suffering, no sickness, no old age and death.

(Revelation 21:4).
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (Revelation 21:4).
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by ooman(m): 1:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
am suffering from worry (about africa) caused by the brainwashed worshipers. anything that can help?
Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
ooman: am suffering from worry (about africa) caused by the brainwashed worshipers. anything that can help?
Weed and alcohol... and do not discuss religion with Africans if possible...

1 Like

Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by DeepSight(m): 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
Would a man not be very foo.lish indeed to reject a drug, even if its a placebo, that gives him peace of mind, happiness and contentment?

1 Like

Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
Deep Sight:
Would a man not be very foo.lish indeed to reject a drug, even if its a placebo, that gives him peace of mind, happiness and contentment?

wow...so a delusion of happiness is better than cold, hard reality?

smh

1 Like

Re: Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion. by MrTroll(m): 9:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
Deep Sight:
yo man, pass me the rizler.

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Pack Stadium In Colombia World Cup Style / Remi Awode Builds Biggest Auditorium For C&S Church, Divine Blessing Cathedral / Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.