Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” (15020 Views)

Vcs Of All The New Federal Universities Removed / Is It True That Poly Ibadan Is Removed From JAMB List Of Polytechnics?? / Electronic Library For Schools And Organizations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by zumarock8(m): 9:55am On Jan 15, 2013
Burger01: Arrested for over reading... never heard of this..
chairman re u with us?
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by movein: 10:02am On Jan 15, 2013
mascot87: I had a similar issue while I was in school,I was so into what I was reading when suddenly,the librarian asked me to leave the library. I objected initially but when I noticed that trouble is about to erupt,i have to leave the library. I can't blame the guy because sometimes when you are reading and it interests you soo much, you wouldn't want any iota of disturbance. I wish him best of luck in his exams
Cool Story!
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by ignis: 10:32am On Jan 15, 2013
Those of us blaming and insulting the school should know this.

Too much of everything is bad. Likewise reading, as it might lead to brain damage.
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 15, 2013
please the police should watch out for him cos he is coming to school very soon on a shooting spree. police and parents n teachers be on guard.

1 Like

Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by oraclefemi(m): 10:42am On Jan 15, 2013
very impressive but not every one has the capacity to study like that and straights a's isnt always a recipe for success
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by Dawdy(m): 10:42am On Jan 15, 2013
Too much of everything is Bad.
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by Jibsonified(m): 10:47am On Jan 15, 2013
If na Naija students dey dat school, dem for don arrest every student... read until dey peme.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by TableLeg(m): 10:49am On Jan 15, 2013
Nonsense... If the kid wants to die in the library, why not?! grin
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by Cuckoo48: 11:05am On Jan 15, 2013
Come o, is it only me or this boy come resemble mass murderer. Mek una look am well o. This boy look like that one wey kill many many people 4 Sweden. Even the one wey shoot plenty for cinema in Yankee. They should watch this boy well well o. I no trust that him eye and hair. Hmmmm..........
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by Moosh(m): 11:52am On Jan 15, 2013
mak jemi shw 9ja c, hm go slip fo library fr ova a year sef nobody so send em
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by Moosh(m): 11:55am On Jan 15, 2013
fr wer dey dey beg us fr 9ja t patronise our library na hm dey dey arest psn fr ovastayg in lab...hmmmm
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by free2ryhme: 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2013
:DNa wa o! 2 study 2 get "As" na offence abi. Young man fear not they r afraid u will get grades above A grin
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by Meegadough: 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
gunuvi: They should even flog reading out of him. He was even asking for extra revision sessions. When me I always want extra break time.
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by ziccoit: 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
Some people need to be removed from NL and also charged for "obsessive Nairalanding" grin
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by mamagee3(f): 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2013
Never heard of such thing before in my life
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by tEsLim(m): 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
Thats the irony of life. Looking at the boys picture alone is worrisome. An obsessive compulsive disorder isn't good regardless of how you see it. He may go crazy. Its probably good for his health. In Nigeria people over study because the classes actually dont teach nothing. Teachers just come to class and scribble sh!t on the blackboard. One professor to 1500 student. Who studied in IFE will know what it is when you arrive late and the lecture is happening in amphi-theater I can't remember the spelling or proper name of that place if it was Amphi or Afri. You can't even here the professor talking. You can't see the board. You know how many students are with eye defects and can't afford to go see the optometrist/ophthalmologist? When I schooled abroad and saw the difference I realized we didn't need to read like mad-men to know what we are being taught in class. Simple attendance does it.

The lecturers know what they are saying. Imagine entering a lecture room with 'climate control' heats up in winter cools down in summer. All classes with projectors and animation feeds. Just watching the projectiles you good to go if you are not brain dead. Only about 40 of us per class. And professors have hours to consult with students in office. You are not scared of talking to them. They encourage you to come see them whatever your problem is; if you are shy send emails. Classes with wifi. Lecturer responds your email even at nights. I'm surprised was wondering how much they pay the lecturers for such dedication. TO even reply emails at night. Or maybe they just love there jobs! When will Nigeria get to this stage? Free transport for students within campus and campus community. WAR IS COMING IN NIGERIA!
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by nwgoziri(m): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
kagari: Dis guy needs 2 practice his readin skills in CARITAS UNIVERSITY enugu state. Dat skul u fit read 1 month straight
NA LIE JOR,
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by profeoo(m): 3:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
Odunnu:
Not in this lifetime. grin
says who? Do u kw hw many tyms I § my guys hv been asked 2 vacate uniport's library? When we try 2protest,dey close d windows,switch off d lites a.c § fans,sound d alarm. Wen we wnt 2 persist inspite of al those treatments,dey cum up 2ur seats,collectn ur books,dey ask u dis : dnt u kw we hv tins 2do at home? Gosh! Lazy libarians. They end up killing d zeal students hv 4learning
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by sunkoye: 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
hum....nice one...b4 he starts d shooting spree tin.
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by Bokoharam: 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
oraclefemi: very impressive but not every one has the capacity to study like that and straights a's isnt always a recipe for success

There is no one definition of success, mind you. One man's measurement of success may be different from another's. Success for someone could mean straight A's; another person's undibitably could be financial/monetary, even if it comes from kidnapping or armed robbery or prostitution.

If people could be made to stay in an enclosure for 91 days because of $200,000 in Big Brother show to achieve fame, why can't a serious student read for straight 8 hours to make the best grade. I respect that guy. I know quite a lot of dullards will not.
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by Tascocent(m): 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
School sweet but na exam spoil am.............na him wan guy wan die untop book. Na wha oooo
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by safarigirl(f): 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
If he reads too much, he may go mad, too much of something is bad. In everything you do, do with moderation
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
I heard of someone in Nigeria who was like this Jamie.in secondary school the guy was always reading and even when the exam was over he was still reading...... ...later they found out he had mental issues.
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by mithel(m): 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
i swear i wish i was like this guy
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by LEGSTRONG(m): 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
LEZ KEEP A TAB ON THAT SCHOOL'S NAME......VERY SOON YOU WILL HEAR OF A SHOOTING!!! IT IS ALWAYS THE CASE!!! THAT LIBRARIAN SHUD CONSIDER HERSELF DEAD!!! LOL
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 16, 2013
Well, too much of everything is bad
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by akunjohn(m): 2:39am On Jan 16, 2013
D guy na real BOOKWORM
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by mdee1(m): 8:45am On Jan 16, 2013
D guy own too much abeg.them tell u to leave,u still dey do stronghead.
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by misskaypo(f): 9:27am On Jan 16, 2013
that's crazy
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by eyinjubaby(f): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
May God almighty crown all our efforts.............i tried to be like dis guy when i was in secondary school and my first year in uni,,,,,,,but omo,,at a point,,,,,,,i just stop jare,,,,mi o le wa ku!!!!!
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by nylawal(m): 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
Mine was a funny experience! Studying in nigeria is not easy, hardly do I go to the library to read becausse there were few books in my subject area. While studying for my masters in Nigeria, we used internet sources mostly, plagiarism was very rampant (save for a few lecturers who were strict). While I went over to the UK, because of the cold, I was always in the library to save on my heating bills (at my off campus accomodation). In my first course I blasted A. The more I stayed in the library, the more I found materials. The Library on most days is 24 hours (self service at night). There are vending machines to buy drinks and snacks, vending machines to borrow and return books, fast internet to watch movies and sports (man need a break na).

The system was such that they encourage you to ask questions and they prefer you pass at the first attempt. I never really liked the cold weather so the library was my safe haven. Mind you I still visited the cinemas and gyms; not also shying away from social outings and travels. My first grade was like a motivating factor so na so i graduated within 11 months with a distinction.

... back to topic, the Library guards always came to the group study room (private room) where i read 15 mins before time on closing times. I made them realize UK education is so expensive and I needed to make the best out of my opportunity. The end justifies the means!!!
Re: Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
^^^ grin grin grin praise da Lord!

(1) (2) (Reply)

UTME 2017: JAMB Twitter Live Chat - Answers To Prospective Candidates Questions / Half Salary: ASUU Declares One-Day Nationwide Protest Rally / Nigeria To Create Six ‘mega Universities’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.