Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Help! Nigeria Movies Can Damage Brain - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Help! Nigeria Movies Can Damage Brain (875 Views)

How Many Movies Can You Spot?? / Which Of This Series Movies Can Be Rated The Funniest? / Nigeria Movies Costumes And Makeups = Ghetto Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! Nigeria Movies Can Damage Brain by Bamidele08: 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2008
omo men i don tire, my judgement are not made on just one movie neither hundreds, till these funny day came, just arrive from work and i had 4 other colleagues with me(3 whites and 1 canadian), got in and we starting watching these useless naija home video and Lo' and behold visual effects enough to damage a child's brain, a house was burning and the house was one side and fire on the other side and a line divides it(laughs).it was just so embarrassing that my friends couldnt stop laughing for 3 good days, and for that week i was a mockery at work.And one of my boss said "Nigeria movies right, they did nollywood and the movies are just too extremely bad that they are good". so this is what i wanna say:

firstly what the hell is NollyWood, can we get a better name pls becos all u did was remove H and insert N, Are u saying if Nollywood was b4 Hollywood,americans would have change the N for A or U,the we would have seen UollyWood or Aollywood, pls that name is Dumb.

Scripts: Some scenes are just so useless and are not saying anything
- scenes are just so uncreative
Can artist that can speak Good unaffected english accent be used pls
The script is just too trivial and revealing.

in one other film i watch, the man told the girl "do u mind if i take u swiming?" the lady answered no, then the man got angry and went out- common sense applies here; by saying "no" that means the lady doesnt mind and she wants to go out

production: - pls producers, the volume is too loud
picture quality is disgracing
no simplicity- always trying to proof yet not good
what kind of cameras are we using? camcoders or na binoculars? i dont get it, s'body buy these cameras
producers pls, some artist just dont fit some role, e'g silvestre stallone was turned down for the role of superman because he wasnt tall enough

Directing: its just so glaring that these part like ideas
there's is no feelings the scenes as a watcher u can connect to it
amazing, our artists so much knows how to cry wow! some cant just act(here comes the difference btw talent and gift)

Animation and visual effects: these part is just completely a disgrace; well we have guys that r trying their best, but i will not be calm on my choice of words here because whatever is what doing is what doing well, UR BEST IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO GOOD" very good example is a website i came across 3dnigeria.com. i played just one of the animation and i discovered that this folks has created another thing entirely that they need to give a name to but surely its not animation and amazingly some are giving remarks saying its good. well it all depends on how expose we all are.
As for the visual effects, this part is just a complete insult to the Movie World

Motion Graphics: same as visual effects/animation

conclusion- well u might be offended by all what i have listed and saying "appreciate what these guys are doing" believe a 12 year old here will not direct a movie like that not do an animation/visual effect that even a blind man in the nursing home will not do, so wake up from ur slumber

music wise, tuface did african queen thats why he could go that far, enlarge ur scope and remenber "Nothing of treasure is found on the surface-u ve to dig"
, MAKE RESEARCH AND STUDY,

please, what ever is what doing is what doing well

(1) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa III : Where Are We Headed? / Is Channels Tv Free Now Or Still Serving Purnishment / Angelina Jolie Or Jennifer Aniston

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.