Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? (6746 Views)

LASRRA: Lagos Residents To Collect Permanent Residency Card From Their LGA/LCDAS / RESIDENCY CARD: Ondo Breaks New Ground / Nigeria's First State House, Old Residency, Calabar. [picture]. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by auwal87(m): 7:08pm On Jan 15, 2013
I think more than half of Nigeria's population will be residents of Abuja and Lagos if State of Residency is introduced and State of Origin is abolished. Nigerians always want to associate themselves with the most popular places, and Abuja and Lagos are more easily identifiable than any other state in Nigeria. Back to the question, Where will you reside?

1 Like

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
Enugu for life...to hell with lagos and abuja...once in nigeria...its straight to coal city...

15 Likes

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Ilaje44(m): 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2013
auwal87: I think more than half of Nigeria's population will be residents of Abuja and Lagos if State of Residency is introduced and State of Origin is abolished. Nigerians always want to associate themselves with the most popular places, and Abuja and Lagos are more easily identifiable than any other state in Nigeria. Back to the question, Where will you reside?

Where did you get this impression? It is very wrong to be throwing unsubstanciated statistics around you know. Who told you Abuja or Lagos is better than the rest of Nigeria? To be sincere with you, the villagers have more freedom than you city people. They dont barricade themselves in a self imposed prison like it is in these 2 places. You got to go round Nigeria young man.

11 Likes

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by tpia5: 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
Why do you want to know?
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by seunfly: 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
Nigerians don't think that way, it will be based on where opportunities and chance of survival lies. Don't be supprise majority will come/reside in maiduguri if gov put maiduguri into special considration than other places and majority will be in ekiti if it is the latest place for peaple to grab opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
na Lagos i dey o! I ain't moving an inch. grin
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Afam4eva(m): 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2013
Nigeria is one funny country. You'll see that once state of residence is added to the constitution, a lot of people will relocate to states with less competition. Infact, smart people will do that. I'm still watching as events will unfold. Who knows, i may just head to Ebonyi or Ekiti grin
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Ejine(m): 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
Benue biko! cool

1 Like

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by SamMilla1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
Enugu. I will trade Amsterdam for Enugu
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Afam4eva(m): 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
To tell you the truth, i think this will foster unity in the country. It will make those that have always sat tight in their regions to move elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
Borno
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Afam4eva(m): 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
I'll also advice the National assembly to explain in explicit term what one must do to change one's state of residence.
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Roland17(m): 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
Honestly, its got to be between Owerri and Lag.
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
gbosaa: Enugu for life...to hell with lagos and abuja...once in nigeria...its straight to coal city...
GBAMEST!!!

1 Like

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Afam4eva(m): 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
Roland17: Honestly, its got to be between Owerri and Lag.
When was this state created?

2 Likes

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by churific(m): 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
auwal87: I think more than half of Nigeria's population will be residents of Abuja and Lagos if State of Residency is introduced and State of Origin is abolished. Nigerians always want to associate themselves with the most popular places, and Abuja and Lagos are more easily identifiable than any other state in Nigeria. Back to the question, Where will you reside?

Quite an assumption but still a valid point. In my opinion, an addition or amendment to any constitution is nothing more than pen to paper especially in this case. I can assure you that most people won't even consider moving. At any rate, a majority of people won't be able to move even if they would love to do so.

1 Like

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Nonybb: 5:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
No place like the southeast

2 Likes

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by zibe(m): 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
Enugu, or Owerri, in Imo state. I visited Owerri for the first time last year and I was really impressed, but Enugu comes to mind first. Other major cities are over-populated, I think.
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Afam4eva(m): 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
It's not just about you guys calling names of states. You have to reside there. You can't be in Lagos and be claiming Enugu resident cos your records will show.
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by eduson33(m): 5:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
Anambra....

5 Likes

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2013
I reside where I make money,Fvck Ethnicity

7 Likes

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Mavrick2012: 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sam Milla: Enugu. I will trade Amsterdam for Enugu
story! story!!

1 Like

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by IYANGBALI: 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
Pakistan straight no lele
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by vicholas(m): 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
Abeokuta, ogun state for sure
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Mavrick2012: 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
J12: Borno
blood of God!!!
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by KINGwax(m): 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
Anywhere among the yoruba states only
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 16, 2013
God forbid I stay in any eastern state I will stay in the west the last time I went to umuahia tufiakwa God forbid I can manage calabar but no money there na lag I represent lagos
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Truckpusher(m): 5:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
I'm right here in phc. I ain't going nowhere grin grin grin
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Sweetapple007(f): 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
Imo state for real!!
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by olu4life(m): 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
As for me,UK anytime anyday. Though born and grew up in Lagos but wil stil choose UK.
Oooh,for the starters,UK rep United Kwara. Hehehe

10 Likes

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by ba7man(m): 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
Akwa-Ibom....Lagos too stressful, the girls too tear-eye. Boat-cruise, Oriental Hotel, Range Sports, Bentley, Beach House party....they know it all.

2 Likes

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by baby124: 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
Residency ko, presidential ni. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Texas Governor Takes Immediate Action Against Same-sex Ruling… This Is HUGE / See The Biggest Bridge Constructed By Ex-president Jonathan / Again, FAAC Meeting Postponed Over Shortfall In NNPC Remittances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.