Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Obasanjo Working For Amosun’s Second Term – Ogun PDP Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Working For Amosun’s Second Term – Ogun PDP Chieftain (987 Views)

Ogun PDP Expels Obasanjo / Obasanjo Working Towards Heading Interim Govt – Presidency / Obasanjo Dumps PDP Candidate, Declares Support For Amosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Working For Amosun’s Second Term – Ogun PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
FACTIONAL leader of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Ogun State, Buruji Kashamu, Monday accused former President Olusegun Obasanjo of working for the re-election of the state Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun in 2015.

Kashamu who was reacting to Obasanjo’s comments recently on the activities of money-bag politicians in the state, described the statements as unbecoming of a former president of the country, claiming that those Obasanjo derogatorily labeled as money-bag politicians bankrolled his political activities in the past.

Obasanjo had last week advised some PDP members from Ogun West Senatorial District who visited him in his Hilltop Mansion in the state capital, against allowing themselves to be swayed by money-bag politicians.

In a statement, Kashamu described Obasanjo’s comment as laughable, saying that it was shocking and surprising that former president could now denounce the same people who, he said, provided the funds for his election, re-election and long political battles against the former governor of the state Otunba Gbenga Daniel.

Describing Obasanjo as a “gerontocratic” politician masquerading as elder statesman, Kashamu said, “Was it not money-bag politicians that bankrolled his elections the first and second terms? Was it not the same people he hobnobbed with when it was convenient for him to wrest the party structure from the immediate past administration in the state? Was it not the same set of people that he used to work for his candidate in the governorship election? This is the sort of inconsistency that Presidential Spokesman Reuben Abati recently noted concerning Obasanjo.

“It was not in Obasanjo’s place to set the parameters for such because he has continually shown his bias for imposition, do-or-die politics, injustice and illegalities – the very issues at the roots of the Ogun PDP crisis.

“Obasanjo told his guests that some money-bags want to deprive them of a better future. But if anyone is being deceitful it is Obasanjo, who pretends to be a leader of the PDP in the daytime but in the night is neck-deep in the re-election strategy of Governor Ibikunle Amosun ofthe ACN, who is his kinsman from Owu Kingdom.

“That is why he does not hesitate to shower encomiums on Amosun whenever the opportunity presents itself. The game-plan is to weaken PDP for Amosun to have a smooth sail by making it appear that he is performing,especially when such praises are coming from the supposed leader of the opposition.

“In respect of a better future for Ogun State people, I know that 99.9 per cent of Ogun State people are of the opinion that Obasanjo’s dominance of the national and local politics in the past five decades has made no impact on their lives.”

He continued: “Obasanjo is a classic example of a man to whom much has been given but little or nothing has been returned. Although we have not held public office, our people can attest to the little we have done in impacting their lives and empowering them.
“I am not a money-bag politician. I am a hard-working businessman who loves my people and passionate about the PDP. But, if sharing your God- given resources with the less privileged qualifies me to be a money-bag, then I plead guilty.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/obasanjo-working-for-amosuns-second-term-ogun-pdp-chieftain/
Re: Obasanjo Working For Amosun’s Second Term – Ogun PDP Chieftain by shiftbutton: 8:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
Baba has been seen d light and discovered those he fought a do or die for are really not worth it

Re: Obasanjo Working For Amosun’s Second Term – Ogun PDP Chieftain by OsunOriginal: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
If he doesnt work for him, can he stop him?

Whoever can't stop you doesnt have to support you to win an election. OBJ is only trying to be relevant in the politics of Ogun.

Stop all this PDP trash.
Re: Obasanjo Working For Amosun’s Second Term – Ogun PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
OsunOriginal: If he doesnt work for him, can he stop him?

Whoever can't stop you doesnt have to support you to win an election. OBJ is only trying to be relevant in the politics of Ogun.

Stop all this PDP trash.

Is Obj now an ACN member? No wonder he has been doing some anti-party activities in PDP recently.
Re: Obasanjo Working For Amosun’s Second Term – Ogun PDP Chieftain by takedat(m): 10:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Is OBJ now a PDP or ACN member-
Is Obj now an ACN member? No wonder he has been doing some anti-party activities in PDP recently.
Is GEJ a member of LP or PDP? Didn't he support the candidacy of Mimiko as against the flagbearer of his party during the last Ondo election? OBJ sees Amosun as one who is purposeful and dedicated. Its always good to associate with those who have the drive to succeed as against a clueless charlatan!
Re: Obasanjo Working For Amosun’s Second Term – Ogun PDP Chieftain by Maxymilliano(m): 6:54am On Jan 16, 2013
take dat: Is GEJ a member of LP or PDP? Didn't he support the candidacy of Mimiko as against the flagbearer of his party during the last Ondo election? OBJ sees Amosun as one who is purposeful and dedicated. Its always good to associate with those who have to drive to succeed as against a clueless charlatan!

Obj and Amosun have history's that transcend the present dispensation. He was invited into PDP by Obj and offered a senatorial slot in 2003. This sums up the relationship existing between the duo.
Re: Obasanjo Working For Amosun’s Second Term – Ogun PDP Chieftain by mankevo(m): 7:27am On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: FACTIONAL leader of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Ogun State, Buruji Kashamu, Monday accused former President Olusegun Obasanjo of working for the re-election of the state Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun in 2015.
/
He is just a factional leader and as such is addressing his faction. This is the height of frustration on him as the immense wealth he is throwing away to buy patronage to his faction is being continuously weakened NOT only by soaring reputaion of Amosun's ACN regime, but by encomiums on such by fellow PDP members.He should not develope high blood pressure now, because 2015 is a project he should better not invest in to avoid seeking medical attention abroad.

Sincere 9gerian: “I am not a money-bag politician. I am a hard-working businessman who loves my people and passionate about the PDP. But, if sharing your God- given resources with the less privileged qualifies me to be a money-bag, then I plead guilty.”
/
I think you should concentrate your energy into building an enviable business reputation like Dangote and contribute immensely in reducing the increasing unemployment in the country. That can equally get you a GCON tittle. However, before you embark on hard battle with Obj &Amosu, first ask Jim Nwobodo what happened to his Savannah Bank in the dark days of Chimaroke and same Obj.
Re: Obasanjo Working For Amosun’s Second Term – Ogun PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 16, 2013
The relationship between OBJ and SIA transcend party affiliations thus it's foolish of Kashamu to be bringing the issue of anti party activity against Baba in his relationship with SIA...

Kashamu is just another cry baby attention and money loving PDP man.
Re: Obasanjo Working For Amosun’s Second Term – Ogun PDP Chieftain by kulikuli26: 9:14am On Jan 16, 2013
if Amosun is doing a good job to the satisfaction of OBJ, then i cant blame him for supporting him, if he supported Daniel for yrs and all the state cld get was killings and siphoning then let baba carry go with amosun who seems serious with governance in the state.
Re: Obasanjo Working For Amosun’s Second Term – Ogun PDP Chieftain by stormm: 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
He continued: “Obasanjo is a classic example of a man to whom much has been given but little or nothing has been returned. Although we have not held public office, our people can attest to the little we have done in impacting their lives and empowering them.
“I am not a money-bag politician. I am a hard-working businessman who loves my people and passionate about the PDP. But, if sharing your God- given resources with the less privileged qualifies me to be a money-bag, then I plead guilty.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/obasanjo-working-for-amosuns-second-term-ogun-pdp-chieftain/

Buruji Kashamu: What does this janus-faced drug baron know about hard work and God given resources? Esho Jinadu/Buruji Kashamu - only in PDP.

(1) (Reply)

I Blame Jonathan For This AFCON Cup Victory / My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai / Mike Adenuga Buys Brand New 2013 Range Rover & Toyota Camry For Stephen Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.