Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,449 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Why Don't Most People Use Their Dinning Room? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Don't Most People Use Their Dinning Room? (642 Views)

8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. / Why Do People Use Burial Ceremonies To Show Affluence? / What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Most People Use Their Dinning Room? by UbahaOgberuru(m): 7:23am On Jan 16, 2013
It baffles me that in most homes that I have entered, they serve you refreshments in the living room. People often decorate their dinning place and use it to fulfill all righteousness that they have a dinning room. Why is it so?
Re: Why Don't Most People Use Their Dinning Room? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 16, 2013
na my house na, even if na rented apartment na me dey pay for there. so i eat anywhere i want, even if am tired to get up from the bed my wife will serve me tea and bread on my bed-side table.
Re: Why Don't Most People Use Their Dinning Room? by kaze4blues(m): 7:38am On Jan 16, 2013
Maybe in those places u av visited, many reasons may account for dat.

Bt stil in most highly literate nd elite homes, d dining serve its purposes.
Re: Why Don't Most People Use Their Dinning Room? by UbahaOgberuru(m): 8:04am On Jan 16, 2013
kaze4blues: Maybe in those places u av visited, many reasons may account for dat.

Bt stil in most highly literate nd elite homes, d dining serve its purposes.

The truth is that when u visit somebody, u are received in the living room. They serve you drinks there, they don't ask you to come over to the dinning place for food, no they serve you there. What is the essence the dinning room?
Re: Why Don't Most People Use Their Dinning Room? by omicron(m): 8:05am On Jan 16, 2013
Ubaha Ogberuru: It baffles me that in most homes that I have entered, they serve you refreshments in the living room. People often decorate their dinning place and use it to fulfill all righteousness that they have a dinning room. Why is it so?
It's a matter of discipline.
Re: Why Don't Most People Use Their Dinning Room? by azpekuliar: 8:06am On Jan 16, 2013
My TV is in the living room and I like to watch TV while eating. I wasn't raised that way as a child though. I still think it's not good manners to abandon the dinning room to eat in the living rooms or bedrooms. Or I'm I being old-fashioned?
Re: Why Don't Most People Use Their Dinning Room? by UbahaOgberuru(m): 8:06am On Jan 16, 2013
991: na my house na, even if na rented apartment na me dey pay for there. so i eat anywhere i want, even if am tired to get up from the bed my wife will serve me tea and bread on my bed-side table.

You for dey sleep for toilet since na part of ur house too.
Re: Why Don't Most People Use Their Dinning Room? by djeezy(m): 8:56am On Jan 16, 2013
Most dinning rooms do not have Tv and when the guest is already enjoying the BC/movie on tv, it's best to serve him/her food there
Re: Why Don't Most People Use Their Dinning Room? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 16, 2013
[size=13pt]Refreshments in the living room or parlor, and dinner at the dining table when the meal is ready to be served. I don't find that unusual.[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Surrogate Mother Offered $10,000 To Abort Baby / Goldies Tribute Song / Baby Names Banned By New Zealand: Lucifer, Mafia No Fear, V8 And So On.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.