Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? (1379 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / 7 Decades Of Marriage, Not One Arguement! / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Amjustme: 11:50am On Jan 16, 2013
Don't know if am weird but heard a guy commenting on AIT about his late wife and he said they have never argued. Also watz d difference between an arguement and a misunderstanding?
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by feminineA: 11:58am On Jan 16, 2013
Its not possible expect 2 things:

1) They were pretending to each other throughout the period of their marriage.

2) By arguement he meant real quarrel that results in physical

Even siblings argue and fight among themselves talk less of some1 you just met.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Amjustme: 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
Abi? But iv been thinkn abt it n dat necessitated my 2nd question, d diff btw arguement n misunderstanding.My spouse keeps sayn its possible to have a misunderstanding without arguing. I think misunderstanding lead to arguing so how on earth can dat guy say them neva argue before? I will like dat kind of marriage o!
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
There are actually women that are too docile to argue,they take their husbands utterances as the gospel.Yes,it is possible for a couple not to argue but the combo must consist of a dumbass and a smartAss.

Yes an arguement doesn't necessarily have to be hostile,it can be a light hearted conversation with opposite ideas.A misunderstanding can arise in form of a wife misinterpreting the motives behind her hubby's action,thus resorting to the silent treatment to punish him.You see,misunderstanding doesn't necessarily need speech.I don't think people can argue without speech.

Just my humble opinion from my lay man understanding.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by greatgod2012(f): 12:55am On Jan 17, 2013
If your argument means physical abuse or fighting......then no!
But misunderstanding.........i have had series of that.
May God help us all.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Amjustme: 7:17am On Jan 17, 2013
[quote author=byvan]Yes,it is possible for a couple not to argue but the combo must consist of a dumbass and a smartAss.

Dis rily made me laugh!
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Amjustme: 7:21am On Jan 17, 2013
@greatgod2012; no, i don't mean that arguement shld be physical abuse but some sort of verbal exchange. You talk ur own I talk my own.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Gambrosia: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2013
Misunderstandings can lead to arguments.
Arguments can lead to misunderstandings.

Arguments are theories or beliefs used to convince or intimidate others, when you do not agree with them or you have different perspectives on ideas and concepts from theirs.

Misunderstandings are misconceptions based on lack of knowledge or ignorance.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by 7842I: 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
byvan: There are actually women that are too docile to argue,they take their husbands utterances as the gospel.Yes,it is possible for a couple not to argue but the combo must consist of a dumbass and a smartAss.

Yes an arguement doesn't necessarily have to be hostile,it can be a light hearted conversation with opposite ideas.A misunderstanding can arise in form of a wife misinterpreting the motives behind her hubby's action,thus resorting to the silent treatment to punish him.You see,misunderstanding doesn't necessarily need speech.I don't think people can argue without speech.

Better you have a docile/dumb woman than a smart wisenker who will try to form a parrarrel government and ruin your home.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 19, 2013
7842I:

Better you have a docile/dumb woman than a smart wisenker who will try to form a parrarrel government and ruin your home.

It takes a very dumb man to marry a dumb woman with his hard earned money.Imagine a wife calling you to ask for guidance in a situation an average mind can handle.Marrying a dumb man or woman is like marrying a kid.Smart people are attracted to people that can stimulate their intellect.

I don't in any way endorse women forming over sabi for their husband but you can gently bring a new perspective to a situation without coming off as over sabi.Most smart men can't marry a dumb wife,dumb men love dumb women so they can effectively shroud their dumbness in the guise of manhood without being countered.

Your mind will be at rest when you have a smart wife at home.A dumb woman can still ruin her home with her dumbness or don't you know dumbness can cost a life
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 20, 2013
Why won't we have arguement,are we dolls ni? It is part of relationship,and it makes each person's stand to be known,and respected.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 20, 2013
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 20, 2013
chaircover:

Even my daughters bratz and barbie dolls fight . . . or so she tells me grin grin grin
lol,don't mind the op,ma.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 20, 2013
7842I:

It's true.
Better to have an empty headed imbëcile as a wife so that she will be too dumb to say anything that goes contrary to what you say.
Afterall we all know that women are not allowed to have opinions or minds of their own. They must be lorded over by their husbands at all times.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 20, 2013
fellis:

It's true.
Better to have an empty headed imbëcile as a wife so that she will be too dumb to say anything that goes contrary to what you say.
Afterall we all know that women are not allowed to have opinions or minds of their own. They must be lorded over by their husbands at all times.
what you have at home shouldn't be called wife,but home property. Imagine having a wife that can't argue with you,nawa for you ooo. Some men sha. I can't date a woman that's so dumb to check my excesses at times. Arguement at times can be for positive resons.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2013
7842I:

are you for real? So you prefer to marry a dumb,who can't use her brain at all? Such attitude is called egocentric. A wife is a partner,and not slave.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 20, 2013
Yomieluv: are you for real? So you prefer to marry a dumb,who can't use her brain at all? Such attitude is called egocentric. A wife is a partner,and not slave.

What are you talking about? The Bible says a woman should submit to her husband and he should rule over her. Nothing like equality or partnership for inside there.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by JoannaSedley(f): 11:18am On Jan 20, 2013
People who has never been there always talks as if they know what they are talking about. Imagine not arguing or misunderstanding on issues then surely somebody is dying of depression in there.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 20, 2013
fellis:

What are you talking about? The Bible says a woman should submit to her husband and he should rule over her. Nothing like equality or partnership for inside there.
so submission is the same as being dumb? Go get a life,u must have been a bully to ur wife.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yomieluv: so submission is the same as being dumb? Go get a life,u must have been a bully to ur wife.
I didn't say submission is the same thing as being dumb. You were the one that said women were supposed to be partners instead of inferior subordinates and I was correcting your mistake.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by ifyalways(f): 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
When people dey argue and debate with themselves (case study :nairaland) na him you dey ask whether couples argue?
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by damiso(f): 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
Is it possible not to disagree or sometimes have a diff world view from someone you met as an adult,has a diff upbringing maybe even traditions? undecided.
We dont have arguments as someone i know will say we have 'heated fellowship' grin.Not possible not to with me and my i have researched it self. kiss.Hubby sef asks if i am ok when i say am not in the mood to argue. grin
Re: Have You Ever Had An Arguement With Your Spouse? by KINGwax(m): 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2013
byvan: There are actually women that are too docile to argue,they take their husbands utterances as the gospel.Yes,it is possible for a couple not to argue but the combo must consist of a dumbass and a smartAss.

agreed abt the docile type of girlies, bt there will be one outta those days she's gonna talk. I'm talkin from experience

(1) (Reply)

She Just Told Me She Is Pregnant / Meet Paulo Machado, The Man Who Has Lived In Hospital For 45 Years / Bankers Pls Advise My Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.