Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,956 members, 7,810,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (80134 Views)

Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
I am not sure if such a thread already existed but it doesn't really matter?

So how and where did you meet your spouse? How did your encounter develop into a relationship? How long after that did you get married?

How did you know s/he is the right one for you?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by dein77(m): 7:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
Kaduna polytechnic library. ...May 7th 2008.

Just knew she was meant for me.....It's inexplicable shaaa.

16 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
Jan 10th, that fateful year.

was hurrying to work from tbs. boarded a keke marwa heading for keffi street, he was in it. I alighted on awolowo road, he did. I crossed to the total filling station side, he did. I let him walk away so I could go my way, and then he stopped and asked why I was stalking him. I told him I was going to work, and it turns out he works in the building next to my office complex.

so I was in this relationship which was apparently heading no where, and I thought he was married. I never did ask him though. one week after the relationship I was in fizzled out, I was so heartbroken my boss asked me to go and sort my self out for 3 days. he saw me when I resumed and asked why I looked so haggard. I told him I just ended a relationship, and burst into tears. he looked at me with such tenderness, and comforted me. then he said it meant the coast was clear and he could move in. I gave him my evil look and told him I wasn't dating for the next two years.

anyone who knows me knows that my shakara is legendary. he would call me, I would ignore it. he would send me pings and I'll just read and no reply. He deleted my number from his phone and my bbm contact.

anyhow, May 14th that year I said ok, let's do this. He proposed to me July. 16, my birthday and we gott married Dec. 14. Same year! As I type this our daughter is sucking with intensity and kicking her legs in the air.

As to how I knew he was the right man, well, he wasn't like them other men I had dated. He is a positive. pusher. He backs up his motivation with money, advice, and monitoring. He also commands my respect, and didn't actt like seks was. all that mattered. He always put 'us' first, not all these 'me-me' guys we have. His devotion to God is top notch, and his future prospects are aligned with. mine.

sorry for the epistle, but nothing as sweet as marrying the friend you love.

281 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
dein77:
Kaduna polytechnic library. ...May 7th 2008.

Just knew she was meant for me.....It's inexplicable shaaa.

Sounds very romantic. cheesy

What happened then? Did you make the first move? What did you say?

Sorry for being so curious.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
mollytinrox:

was hurrying to work from tbs. boarded a keke marwa heading for keffi street, he was in it. I alighted on awolowo road, he did. I crossed to the total filling station side, he did. I let him walk away so I could go my way, and then he stopped and asked why I was stalking him. I told him I was going to work, and it turns out he works in the building next to my office complex.

tbc

grin grin grin

How did the story continue?

3 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
following.....

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
faqman:
following.....

I like your signature. wink
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
A more positive thread. Following jare. smiley smiley

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
Sophyrocks:
A more positive thread. Following jare. smiley smiley

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2015
carefreewannabe:

grin grin grin

How did the story continue?

It's complete now, sorry, was feeding my baby.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
mollytinrox:

It's complete now, sorry, was feeding my baby.

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading it. smiley wink smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by freecocoa(f): 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2015
*following*

A sucker for love stories, I am.

8 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
freecocoa:
*following*

A sucker for love stories, I am.

smiley grin smiley
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by freecocoa(f): 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
carefreewannabe:

smiley grin smiley
Yes o smiley.

Btw, I hope you will also tell us yours on this thread.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
freecocoa:
Yes o smiley.

Btw, I hope you will also tell us yours on this thread.

I am not married, are you?
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by EfemenaXY: 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
Lovely thread.

Makes for a refreshing change too. smiley

8 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Lovely thread.

Makes for a refreshing change too. smiley

Efe, share your story babes. kiss
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I like your signature. wink
hmm thanks. wink

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by captcochrane(m): 7:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
following

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by EfemenaXY: 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Efe, share your story babes. kiss

Nein.

Ich schätze meine Privatsphäre. tongue

***Smirks***

I hope the spambot doesn't get me for this though... cool

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by jmoore(m): 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
I will tell you next year after I meet her.

Thank you smiley

11 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Nein.

Ich schätze meine Privatsphäre. tongue

***Smirks***

I hope the spambot doesn't get me for this though... cool

Du kannst Deutsch? shocked

Wow! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
jmoore:
I will tell you next year after I meet her.

Thank you smiley

Ok. smiley
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by niyi16(m): 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
mollytinrox:

so I was in this relationship which was apparently heading no where, and I thought he was married. I never did ask him though. one week after the relationship I was in fizzled out, I was so heartbroken my boss asked me to go and sort my self out for 3 days. he saw me when I resumed and asked why I looked so haggard. I told him I just ended a relationship, and burst into tears. he looked at me with such tenderness, and comforted me. then he said it meant the coast was clear and he could move in. I gave him my evil look and told him I wasn't dating for the next two years.

anyone who knows me knows that my shakara is legendary. he would call me, I would ignore it. he would send me pings and I'll just read and no reply. He deleted my number from his phone and my bbm contact.

anyhow, May 14th that year I said ok, let's do this. He proposed to me July. 16, my birthday and we gott married Dec. 14. Same year! As I type this our daughter is sucking with intensity and kicking her legs in the air.

As to how I knew he was the right man, well, he wasn't like them other men I had dated. He is a positive. pusher. He backs up his motivation with money, advice, and monitoring. He also commands my respect, and didn't actt like seks was. all that mattered. He always put 'us' first, not all these 'me-me' guys we have. His devotion to God is top notch, and his future prospects are aligned with. mine.

sorry for the epistle, but nothing as sweet as marrying the friend you love.
in love with this story,how I wish I met my lady

7 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by EfemenaXY: 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Du kannst Deutsch? shocked

Wow! smiley smiley smiley

keine

Ich betrügen.

** I'm soooo gonna get banned for this soon** grin

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:

keine

Ich betrügen.

** I'm soooo gonna get banned for this soon** grin

LOL

grin grin grin

Du bist toll! kiss kiss

Die erste Antwort war perfektes Deutsch, jetzt merk ich, dass es der Google Übersetzer ist. :-P

Why banned? shocked
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
See better thread tongue
Make I Pam here cheesy

On a very baaad day for me. Infact I was cursing everybody as I was trekking t o d bus stop(no tfare).
From dunamis to berger(those that know abj well). I went to sell and then to church(out of schl waiting for service). Somebody was owing me and all my hope was on that money that day.
Na so I carry d small money wey idey my bag eat gnut,hoping that I will collect d money. D man do me ojoro. Went home early. I went back to church and all my friends don waka.
I hv only hundred bucks.
So I begin leggedis am. Meanwhile I hv small problem with my ankle so imagine and it's getting darker.
I dey go dey cry o. Motor will be passing fiam fiam,
I manage reach bustop for berger. Don clean eye and so tired.
Na so one bobo appear from nowhere and said excuse me.
I don't even know if I answered him.
I just went to d park and used my bag as pillow,my headgear as covering and slept off.

I woke up so refreshed and was about to get up when I heard welcome back,u must hv bn very tired to hv slept off like that.
See me see wahala, this guy again.
As if that one no do, it started raining. No sign.(u know abj rain na)
Everybody rushed under d bridge. This guy come help me climb d under.
And he gave me money.(1k) pleaded I collect it.
Transportation to my place skyrocketed Bc of d rain,(250)

Went home and forgot all about him(even though he begged I call him) stumbled on d number he gave me like a wk after and feeling guilty, I called.
That was d beginning of our journey. Few months he proposed and by d end of that yr, we sealed it.

Carefree, how much will u pay me?

50 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
Moca, how about a nice dinner at my place? Be my guest. wink cheesy
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by EfemenaXY: 8:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
carefreewannabe:

LOL

grin grin grin

Du bist toll! kiss kiss

Die erste Antwort war perfektes Deutsch, jetzt merk ich, dass es der Google Übersetzer ist. :-P

Why banned? shocked

Haha!

Dank!!

Jetzt sehen Sie, was ich meine. Ich konnte einfach nicht widerstehen, es aber. Ich weiß nicht einmal, wie meine deutschen Töne , aber es muss wirklich schrecklich klingen! grin grin

**Why? Because the spambot, I hear, is terribly racist.** cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by IDEApro(m): 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
Lovely stories.

Are intending couples eligible?

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Haha!

Dank!!

Jetzt sehen Sie, was ich meine. Ich konnte einfach nicht widerstehen, es aber. Ich weiß nicht einmal, wie meine deutschen Töne , aber es muss wirklich schrecklich klingen! grin grin

**Why? Because the spambot, I hear, is terribly racist.** cheesy

Dein Deutsch klingt bestimmt voll süß. wink

Evil spambot. shocked
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by EfemenaXY: 8:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
moca:
See better thread tongue
Make I Pam here cheesy

On a very baaad day for me. Infact I was cursing everybody as I was trekking t o d bus stop(no tfare).
From dunamis to berger(those that know abj well). I went to sell and then to church(out of schl waiting for service). Somebody was owing me and all my hope was on that money that day.
Na so I carry d small money wey idey my bag eat gnut,hoping that I will collect d money. D man do me ojoro. Went home early. I went back to church and all my friends don waka.
I hv only hundred bucks.
So I begin leggedis am. Meanwhile I hv small problem with my ankle so imagine and it's getting darker.
I dey go dey cry o. Motor will be passing fiam fiam,
I manage reach bustop for berger. Don clean eye and so tired.
Na so one bobo appear from nowhere and said excuse me.
I don't even know if I answered him.
I just went to d park and used my bag as pillow,my headgear as covering and slept off.

I woke up so refreshed and was about to get up when I heard welcome back,u must hv bn very tired to hv slept off like that.
See me see wahala, this guy again.
As if that one no do, it started raining. No sign.(u know abj rain na)
Everybody rushed under d bridge. This guy come help me climb d under.
And he gave me money.(1k) pleaded I collect it.
Transportation to my place skyrocketed Bc of d rain,(250)

Went home and forgot all about him(even though he begged I call him) stumbled on d number he gave me like a wk after and feeling guilty, I called.
That was d beginning of our journey. Few months he proposed and by d end of that yr, we sealed it.

Carefree, how much will u pay me?

Moca.

This is such a lovely story. But wait o! Did you spend the night at the park bench alone, out in the open??!!

You said it was getting late...lawd, that is scary, abeg...

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts / Father In Tears As DNA Test Confirms Four Out Of Five Children Are Not His / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.