Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,561 members, 7,955,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

Why Do We Call Ourselves Nigerians??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Call Ourselves Nigerians??? (644 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Call Ourselves Nigerians??? by PNN: 5:45am On Jan 17, 2013
In our everyday life both at home and abroad, I hear Nigerians talk about Nigeria and their fellow Nigerians as if they are foreigners. Examples of comments by Nigerians include these phrases "that is how Nigerians behave...' 'Nigerians ehh !!... , 'i don't trust Nigerians!!! , 'useless Nigerians', 'Nigerians love crime'....
The aim of writing this is to promote the fact that we need to stop this attitude...We are Nigerians and we should talk about people individually without giving the Country a bad name...WHY MUST WE NIGERIANS CALL THE NAME OF THE COUNTRY WHEN PEOPLE MISBEHAVE? SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS AND EXPERIENCES
Re: Why Do We Call Ourselves Nigerians??? by eninaija(f): 5:48am On Jan 17, 2013
hmmmmm....i have noticed this too. We even destroy d reputation of Nigeria in this way...
Re: Why Do We Call Ourselves Nigerians??? by NnamdiN: 7:22am On Jan 17, 2013
Because some people(inluding me) are ashamed of coming from "there". I associate more with my state or region than the supposed "country". Imagine telling a foreigner (with a straight face) that you are nigerian kai lol
Re: Why Do We Call Ourselves Nigerians??? by PNN: 3:58am On Jan 18, 2013
NnamdiN: Because some people(inluding me) are ashamed of coming from "there". I associate more with my state or region than the supposed "country". Imagine telling a foreigner (with a straight face) that you are nigerian kai lol
Well, this is not what the topic is about. It is about why we as Nigerians should not talk about NIGERIA and Nigerians in a negative way.
Re: Why Do We Call Ourselves Nigerians??? by advocate666: 10:28am On Jan 18, 2013
(PNN):
In our everyday life both at home and abroad, I hear Nigerians talk about Nigeria and their fellow Nigerians as if they are foreigners. Examples of comments by Nigerians include these phrases "that is how Nigerians behave...' 'Nigerians ehh !!... , 'i don't trust Nigerians!!! , 'useless Nigerians', 'Nigerians love crime'....
The aim of writing this is to promote the fact that we need to stop this attitude...We are Nigerians and we should talk about people individually without giving the Country a bad name...WHY MUST WE NIGERIANS CALL THE NAME OF THE COUNTRY WHEN PEOPLE MISBEHAVE? SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS AND EXPERIENCES

I also say that because it is true. Nigerians are all that. But Biafrans are another thing altogether. Do not yoke us together.

(1) (Reply)

Outrage Over Attack, Sultan, Tinubu Urge Better Security / British Parliament Passes Bill Legalizing Same-sex Marriage. / Jonathan, Amanpour And All That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.