Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Caucasians in africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Caucasians in africa (946 Views)

Barack Obama’s $7 Million Hawaii Vacation Is An Insult To America’s Struggling / Video:ahmadinejad On Holocaust,prejudice In The West And Palestine / Malaysia Is Struggling With Ethnic Issues Like Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Caucasians in africa by 1k001(m): 11:02am On Jan 17, 2013
On several recent trips to an African capital city I couldn't help but be riled by the huge numbers of Caucasians entering into and taking advantage of the country.

They have the best lifestyles, cushiest jobs and are largely treated as 'gods'.

I Contrast this with my experience in Europe where despite being a professional and a law abiding resident I'm still greeted with jibes such as: 'go back to your country', 'leave our jobs alone' and 'you're not welcome here' among other profanity laden insults.

The juxtaposition of these two realities in my mind seems to be pushing me towards aligning my sentiments on foreigners in Africa with some of my European 'friends' sentiments on Africans in Europe.

I know the downside to the perpetuation of this prejudice but it's something i can't quite help. I find myself frequently needing to convince myself logically that my experience needn't taint the fact that anyone has a right to work and live wherever they please should they fulfill the requirements set by the local authority

Anyone felt similarly or have any thoughts on this?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Russia Claims Chemical Weapons Were Used By Rebels And Not Syrian Government / An American Woman Rewarded For Stealing / Pres. Mugabe Of Zimbabwe Anoints Wife As Successor - By Attorney Patryk Utulu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.