Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,928 members, 7,841,541 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

I Hate Obama's Middle Name. - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Hate Obama's Middle Name. (6284 Views)

7 Things To Consider Before Choosing Sides In The Middle East Conflict. / Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? / Why Did Adolph Hitler Hate Jews So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Ibime(m): 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2008
@ Tayo-D

Who is talking about lazy people here? Did you here me say let us give money to the lazy people? If you read the thread earlier where I pinpointed measures being taken by Holland to get the lazy off their backside - I am in support of Social Welfare - as a safety net. That was the original idea in the first place. As for me being a leftist, I don't know any leftist watching the Financial Markets as I do or studying derivatives.

And if the government here is stupid, why not go back to Naija since na you sabi.

@ Kobojunkie,

Trust me, after your comments on the South African Urine thread, I see discussion with you as pointless. And why you sef dey bring things in about me from other threads? Abi you dey follow me?
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by omoge(f): 10:05pm On Mar 01, 2008
what is in a name undecided i love the name bo grin when you pronounce it, you'd see it is a cute name unlike yuan pablo mccain, that was how cunningham addressed Mr. McCain grin
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2008
think in a matter of ithe name, first impression would last real long. the name oba-ma sounds funny grin
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2008
Ibime:

@ Tayo-D

Who is talking about lazy people here? Did you here me say let us give money to the lazy people? If you read the thread earlier where I pinpointed measures being taken by Holland to get the lazy off their backside - I am in support of Social Welfare - as a safety net. That was the original idea in the first place. As for me being a leftist, I don't know any leftist watching the Financial Markets as I do or studying derivatives.

And if the government here is stupid, why not go back to Naija since na you sabi.

@ Kobojunkie,

Trust me, after your comments on the South African Urine thread, I see discussion with you as pointless. And why you sef dey bring things in about me from other threads? Abi you dey follow me?

I do not even care about your insecurity issues when it comes to me and my views. I do know that you are the one who keeps bringing my posts on other threads up in here. Reason, I have no clue but to attribute it to your many issues which are your business again and none of mine. But next time, try to keep the GOD AGREES WITH ME card out of the discussion. It only makes you look an slowpoke when you try that hand in such debates as these.
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 01, 2008
dont know if the threader has told us his middle name.
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by naijaking1: 12:01am On Mar 02, 2008
Hussein
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by 4Play(m): 12:17am On Mar 02, 2008
Ibime:

Well thank God you aren't in Government. Every civilised government in the world is doing the opposite of what you are saying - so either they are stupid - or you are. Cancel that - no need for insult.
Well,I'm not aware our generation has hit retirement age so you need to brush up your comprehension skills.Is a policy position right merely because "every civilised Govt" adopts it? Never mind what "every civilised Govt" means,are subsidisation policies such as the CAP(Common Agricultural Policy) valid merely because they are omnipresent in the West?

Governments know better than to leave people starving - because a hungry man is an angry man, so you better hide behind your electric fences when they get angry. Actually, that is already happening in Naija now. The rich neglected the poor and now the poor are killing them like fowls - either by armed robbers, potholed roads or ineffective bootlegged drugs. Go figure!

People starving?If we don't have universal pension coverage,just like the US doesn't have universal health coverage,it wouldn't lead to starvation.

The problem in Nigeria isn't about the rich neglecting the poor,as if Westerners are more charitable towards the poor.The problem in Nigeria was the adoption of unsound economic policies that left the country unable to meets its responsibilities to its citizens.

Instead of invoking Jesus as a leftist-talk of stupidity-we need to address how pensions have to be reformed to able to meet demographic challenges that the future holds.We can't continue on this path forever.

Do you not think the people running these Pension funds are professionals? Can they not do a better job than 95% of ordinary people?

That is why I said you have a problem with comprehension.If its an individual's money that is returned back to him from pension funds upon retirement,I have no problem with that.So long as we get rid of this idea that taxpayer's money should go towards taking care of everyone upon retirement.
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Nobody: 2:07am On Mar 02, 2008
this guy jus has nameo-hatred,his name doesnt sound aimable either
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by TayoD1(m): 2:30am On Mar 02, 2008
@Ibime,

@ Tayo-D

Who is talking about lazy people here? Did you here me say let us give money to the lazy people? If you read the thread earlier where I pinpointed measures being taken by Holland to get the lazy off their backside
So are you agreeing with me or some of us that the welfare system as practiced by the West should be scrapped? The system breeds nothing but lazy people who not only milk the hard work of others, but also limit their personal growth and success based on the route they have chosen.

I am in support of Social Welfare - as a safety net. That was the original idea in the first place.
How will that work practically? The Govt does not produce anything. It takes money from people and spend it. They cannot spend more than their budget for the year, and their needs will always grow to accomodate any excess of money allocated to any branch or dept of govt. Now if there is economic trouble, the truth is that the govt's budget will also be affected because the govt gets its money from the citizens. So how will the govt have money to give in times of economic uncertainty? Besides, why should somone else pay for my economic woe? Any one who helps must do so willingly out of the goodness of their heart. Nothing more and nothing less.
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Lady2(f): 2:46am On Mar 02, 2008
why should his name even be an issue? isn't this the AMERICA everyone is dying for? RUBBISH
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Lady2(f): 2:48am On Mar 02, 2008
why should his name even be an issue? isn't this the AMERICA everyone is dying for? RUBBISH
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Nobody: 4:06am On Mar 02, 2008
thats the point, and i feel that even if he bears an unbearable name like LAMIDI ADEDIBU, he'd still be the preferred candidate
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Ibime(m): 12:34am On Mar 03, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Ibime,
So are you agreeing with me or some of us that the welfare system as practiced by the West should be scrapped? The system breeds nothing but lazy people who not only milk the hard work of others, but also limit their personal growth and success based on the route they have chosen.

There are NO Africans I know who do not grumble about the welfare system. However - No, I don't think it should be scrapped. It should be properly implemented to serve the use for which it was originally intended. This has started to be done in Holland - and I am sure will be taken up by other govts.

The issue of welfare is a bit like the issue of Iraq - do you withdraw straightaway or do you act strategically. Withdraw benefits straightaway and there will be total chaos.

There is a sizeable correlation between welfare and the reduction in crime - take away welfare suddenly and crime will increase - and it is way more expensive to house criminals in prison than to pay them welfare outside.

Personally, I have never claimed a single benefit in my life. However, I know many of my Naija brothers claim benefits when they first come to UK. Infact, some people opposing benefits in this thread may have claimed it at some time in their lives.

Also, no govt. can guarantee its citizens 100% employment - without creating useless jobs (which is a Communist idea - I'm sure you all oppose that wholeheartedly!)

Tayo-D:

How will that work practically? The Govt does not produce anything. It takes money from people and spend it. They cannot spend more than their budget for the year, and their needs will always grow to accomodate any excess of money allocated to any branch or dept of govt. Now if there is economic trouble, the truth is that the govt's budget will also be affected because the govt gets its money from the citizens. So how will the govt have money to give in times of economic uncertainty? Besides, why should somone else pay for my economic woe?

This debate about the black hole in Welfare has been raging for the last 25 years. Every government except Andorra, Liechtenstein and Monaco collect money from its people - so if you don't like it, you can move there. We are lucky to live in countries where government are fiscally responsible so I am sure they are not spending money any and anyhow. If they are spending money on Welfare and social programs, I am sure they are balancing it against things like Crime and health - I do not wish to live in a Ghettoised society - I have had enough of that in Naija. I thank God the UK Government taxed people so I could go to university for free. Otherwise, I would not have been able to afford. How else can we bridge the gap and give people the opportunity to live the so called "American dream?"
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 03, 2008

All this buzz about Obama's middle name Hussein.
I wish he didn't have that Arabic name.
There've been rumours he was a M'uslim
Rumours he attended a m'uslim school in Indonesia.
Then those hideous pictures of him wearing a M'uslim outfit in Somalia

I hope this doesn't cost my Obama the presidency 
What do you think?
should he keep or drop that middle name that reminds us all of Saddam ?

i only hope no m uslim ever has to work under you. you remind me of some of the asshole lecturers in scholl who harass girls wearing hijab(for  their dressing), but see nothing wrong with  nuns doing the same. your loathing/obsession with/ of anything to do with the I slam is beginning to look more and more like a sickness.

i suppose pictures of obama wearing christian robes would have been beautiful or even, considering your fixation on him, sexy.

while i'm indifferent to obama, i hope he is not such a weak willed, finger in the wind person, who will actually consider dropping his name because of public opinion . what will he do when the real hard choices come about?

maybe people should drop names associated with infamous despots, since they will get in the way of their career opportunities.

to all nairalanders in the diaspora - the following are names of past and current depots/dictators. they are in all languages ( arabic, anglican , french) if you have lofty ambitions for your kids in future, don't give them any of the following names.

also, for the likes of nwando, make sure they go to secular schools in secular ' democratic(whatwever that means) ' countries .make sure they NEVER  visit any third world/mu'slim countries ( even though that will give them a better grasp of the real problems of the world that the practice of copy and paste from webpages)

the names:

Abdullah of Saudi Arabia -- Saudi Arabia 2005-present[1]
Idi Amin -- Uganda 1971 - 1979
Hafez al-Assad -- Syria 1970 - 2000
Bashar Assad -- Syria 2000-present
Fulgencio Batista -- Cuba 1952 - 1959
Jean-Bédel Bokassa -- Central African Republic 1966 - 1979
Omar Bongo -- Gabon 1967-present
Leonid Brezhnev -- USSR 1968-1982
Fidel Castro -- Cuba 1959 - 2008
Nicolae Ceausescu -- Romania 1967 - 1989
Blaise Compaoré -- Burkina Faso 1987-present
Chiang Kai-shek -- China, Taiwan
Porfirio Diaz -- Mexico 1876 - 1911
Engelbert Dollfuss -- Austria 1933-34
François Duvalier -- "Papa Doc" - Haiti
Jean Claude Duvalier -- "Baby Doc" - Haiti
Francisco Franco Bahamonde -- Spain 1939 - 1975
Alberto Fujimori -- Peru 1990 - 2000
Klement Gottwald -- Czechoslovakia 1948 - 1953
Adolf Hitler -- Germany 1933 - 1945
Enver Hoxha -- Albania 1944-1985
Ho Chi Minh -- North Vietnam 1954 - 1969
Erich Honecker -- German Democratic Republic 1971 - 1989
Hu Jintao -- Peoples Republic of China 2002-present
Saddam Hussein -- Iraq 1979 - 2003
Kim Il-Sung -- North Korea 1948 - 1994
Wojciech Jaruzelski -- Poland 1981-1989
Kim Jong Il -- North Korea 1994 -
Islom Karimov - Uzbekistan 1991-present
Ayatollah Khomeini -- Iran 1979 - 1989
Vladimir Lenin -- USSR 1917 - 1924
Alexander Lukashenko -- Belarus 1994-present
Mao Zedong -- China 1949 - 1976
Ferdinand Marcos -- Philippines 1972 - 1986
Mengistu Haile Mariam -- Ethiopia 1977 - 1991
Ioannis Metaxas -- Greece 1936-1941
Hosni Mubarak -- Egypt 1981-present
Robert Mugabe -- Zimbabwe 1980-present
Pervez Musharraf -- Pakistan 1998-present
Benito Mussolini -- Italy 1922 - 1943
Miklos Horthy de Nagybánya -- Hungary 1920-1944
Francisco Macías Nguema -- Equatorial Guinea 1968 - 1979
Teodoro Obiang Nguema -- Equatorial Guinea 1979-present
Denis Sassou Nguesso -- Republic of the Congo 1979-present
Manuel Noriega -- Panama 1983 - 1989
Juan Carlos Onganía -- Argentina 1966 - 1973
Henri Philippe Pétain -- France 1940 - 1944
Simon Petlyura -- Ukraine
Józef Pilsudski -- Poland 1926 - 1935
Augusto Pinochet -- Chile 1973 - 1990
Pol Pot -- Cambodia 1975 - 1978
Miguel Primo de Rivera -- Spain 1923 - 1930
Efraín Ríos Montt -- Guatemala 1982 - 1983
Gustavo Rojas Pinilla -- Colombia 1953 - 1957
Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi -- Libya 1969 -
Vidkun Quisling -- Norway 1940 - 1945
António de Oliveira Salazar -- Portugal 1932 - 1968
Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna -- Mexico
Mobutu Sese Seko -- Zaire 1967 - 1997
Anastasio Somoza Debayle -- Nicaragua
Anastasio Somoza García -- Nicaragua
Luis Somoza Debayle -- Nicaragua
Joseph Stalin -- USSR 1924 - 1953
Alfredo Stroessner -- Paraguay 1954 - 1989
Suharto -- Indonesia 1968 - 1998
Sukarno -- Indonesia 1949 - 1968
Than Shwe -- Myanmar 1992-present
Jozef Tiso -- Slovakia 1939 - 1944
Josip Broz Tito -- Yugoslavia 1945-1980
Rafael Trujillo (Rafael Leonidas Trujillo y Molina) -- Dominican Republic
Todor Zhivkov -- Bulgaria 1954-1989
Abdullah Ahmad Badawi -- Malaysia 2003-present
Raul Castro -- Cuba 2008-present

so, if u want your kid to become president of the US one day , all the above names are no go areas.

offtopic  - the hideous thingy
hmm who knows with the latent racism in oyinbos, the queen and co may have found those pictures of richard branson in traditional nigerian attire( during virgin nigeria's launch) hideous tongue
certainly they find the idea of a  fayed with a british passport hideous - and the conspiracy theorists assert that the whole diana dodi fayed accident was to avert the hideous picture - the king in waiting living under the same roof as a 'gasp' arab as his step child

maybe we should move this thread to the racisim section - since you hate obama's arab name, but would just love it if he had a christian name like paul tongue .
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by RichyBlacK(m): 12:36pm On Mar 03, 2008
"Hussein" is a beautiful Arabic name which means "handsome one". I trust Barack is proud of his names and would not even consider dropping his middle name. However, I'll lose every respect I have for him if he as much as hints any discomfort with such a beautiful name as "Hussein". Whether his names reminds some neocons of Saddam Hussein (MHSRIP) or about Osama bin Laden, that's their business, after all who told them everybody is comfortable with names like "John" and "George".

On the other hand, if he becomes president of the United States, it would be a constant reminder to the blood-thirsty cabal in the corridors of power in America that the last name of Saddam Hussein, a man they framed up with obnoxious lies regarding WMD and all that bullshit and then murdered in cold blood, will forever live on in the annals of American political discourse.

@oyb,
You penned some good points there, but the credibility of your list of despots has been summarily destroyed by including Vladimir Lenin, Fidel Castro and Raul Castro (fighters for the common man and the ordinary worker) but excluding George W. Bush (war monger and enricher of oil and defense companies/contractors; no care or concern for the common man - Katrina is just one example). That list should be torn to shreds! grin Seriously! angry
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by RichyBlacK(m): 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2008
Ibime:
@ Kobojunkie,

@Ibime,

The woman (Kobojunkie) is obviously one of those very bitchy, nagging type, with no sense of consistency and a perverse sense of morals. I just hope more people see through the veil of utter stupidity she uses as a facade to cover an amoral being.
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by ty4real(m): 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@Ibime,

The woman (Kobojunkie) is obviously one of those very bitchy, nagging type, with no sense of consistency and a perverse sense of morals. I just hope more people see through the veil of utter stupidity she uses as a facade to cover an amoral being.

Haaan, eyi o wa poju!kilo se fun e now! grin grin grin
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 03, 2008
@ richyblack,

no vex, na er. . .copy & paste from wikipedia i do grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictatorship

List of Dictators in Modern Times
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Novacaine(m): 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2008
What does his name have to do with the fact that this man is the man for the job please let us not let sentiments becloud our judgement.George was a good name? so was Adolf,Joseph and Benito etc.Please make una free Obama
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Mustay(m): 9:29am On Jun 18, 2008
nwando - just go to the religion section. cool
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by MethodMan3(m): 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2008
Some people here just think like clueless fucking idiots!

Because someone's middle name is HUSSEIN or OSAMA or SADDAM, it is a problem!

Other fools believe it would cost him the election and people start hating!

Get real muppets and believe whoever God destines to win would win!

Osama, Hussein, Saddam or Raqim-whoever God favours would win, nothing can change it!

If anyone hates the name, they can eat a di.ck or shit off

God would reveal who the next president is and REAL AMERICANS would decide!

It is even worse when u see makeshift or phoney so called "Americans" moan

Go on OBAMA HUSSEIN, son i hope you win it

And naysayers should quit picking on names or shut the fuc.k up

Novacaine:

What does his name have to do with the fact that this man is the man for the job please let us not let sentiments becloud our judgement.George was a good name? so was Adolf,Joseph and Benito etc.Please make una free Obama

Thank you Novacaine
It just riles me when people start using sentiments as a yardstick to make judgement
It is even stupid and senseless for some idiots to ask him to drop his name
I hope people would think out of the box whenever they type shit,suggest or comment recklessly!
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Tetchiness(f): 11:01pm On Jun 20, 2008
lmao!!
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by MethodMan3(m): 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2008
Tetchiness:

lmao!!

u just dey laff for everywhere wey u drop post!Na waooooo
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by Tetchiness(f): 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2008
Method-Man:

u just dey laff for everywhere wey u drop post!Na waooooo
Bite me!
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by luv2talk(m): 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2008
Either they like it or not,Obama is the right man for the Oval Office.MuBarack means Blessed,God blessed his ambition to be come the President of the United state Of America.,Tell McCain that his mates are in Senior Home,they are expecting him to be their President soon,Not America.MuBarack Hussein Obama is my choice for 2008.He will get there Inshallah, Amen
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by MethodMan3(m): 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2008
luv2talk:

Either they like it or not,Obama is the right man for the Oval Office.MuBarack means Blessed,God blessed his ambition to be come the President of the United state Of America.,Tell McCain that his mates are in Senior Home,they are expecting him to be their President soon,Not America.MuBarack Hussein Obama is my choice for 2008.He will get there Inshallah, Amen

Insha Allahu

Salam Bros?!
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by WesleyanA(f): 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2008
hating your name because of other people's prejudices??
why don't you go help him change his middle name to Ronald or Chris then?

there's nothing wrong with his name. just people's mindsets are messed up sometimes.
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by 4Play(m): 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2008
WesleyanA:

there's nothing wrong with his name. just people's mindsets are messed up sometimes.

Your name?Is the OP an Arab? Hussein is as African as Ronald or Chris.
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by CH3COO(m): 8:18pm On Jun 25, 2008
WesleyanA:

true.

4 Play:

still his name isn't it?
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by 4Play(m): 8:39pm On Jun 25, 2008
CH3COO:

still his name isn't it?

I can't stand Arab names. . . it sends me into a fit. grin
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by WesleyanA(f): 7:13am On Jun 26, 2008
4 Play:

changing your name as in changing one's name. "you" is referring to anybody. I hope you get me now.

just because Obama's father is African doesn't mean his name has to be in an African language. I'm sure there are many Africans bearing JOY, Peace, Blessing, Abraham, Isaac, Daniel etc. hebrew (i think) and english names. Even arabic names for the muslims like Mohammmed etc. My middle name is Arabic as well since a fair share of my extended family is muslim. Doesn't mean I will go change my name because some ignorant person doesn't like it. lol

4 Play:

I would love to see one of those fits. hahaha and laugh in your face. lol
Re: I Hate Obama's Middle Name. by CARUSO(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2008
4 Play:

How disgusting of you to go into an epileptic fit just becoz someone's name is Rahim or Rakim?!
I bet your name alone send's a 5000volt shockwave thr.u the body of the next man that comes across u
Ya'all just talking nonsense
I pray u come across loads of arab names so u wont survive the nasty fits u get!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ISIS Militant Announces His Marriage To Terrified 7-year Old - Photo / Israeli Military Misled The Media To Lure Hamas Fighters Into Bunker / South Africa Sticks By Gaddafi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.