Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Do Good Muslims Really Exist? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do Good Muslims Really Exist? (8905 Views)

What Do Muslims Really Think About Clubbing? Western Vs Conservative Islam! / Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? / Does Jerusalem Mean Anything To Muslims Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Blackteeth(m): 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
As Islamic terrorist and the likes of boko haram keep causing more havoc worldwide, it makes it more difficult for the most educated and sane non muslims to hang on to the fair notion that all Muslims are not terrorists. These Islamic terrorists can be frustrating enough to make one lose his senses and decide that every Muslim is a terrorist.

I used to be part of those who believe that there are good Muslims out there, and al Qaeda and the rest Islamic terrorists are only a few who are tarnishing the image of Islam, but recently I had to change my mind to start believing that 80% of Muslims are direct or indirect jihadists. Few Muslims may be doing the attacks and bombings, but after you must have added those who secretly sympathize with them the figures will change.

If actually there are good Muslims out there, why dont they find it necessary to fight the jihadists to clean and save their religion from the bad name it has gotten? Instead they relax and do nothing. The good Muslims are they ones who should be actively fighting Islamic extremists and not the west doing it. This would make us non Muslims believe that there are indeed good Muslims, and Islam is a religion of peace but was only hijacked by a few extremists.

As long as the so-called good Muslims are doing nothing about their brothers killing innocent people, it shows they are probably secret sympathizers.

5 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by tpia5: 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
"happy muslim", "good muslim"

what do these terms mean?
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by BetaThings: 2:32am On Jan 18, 2013
Blackteeth: As Islamic terrorist and the likes of boko haram keep causing more havoc worldwide, it makes it more difficult for the most educated and sane non muslims to hang on to the fair notion that all Muslims are not terrorists. These Islamic terrorists can be frustrating enough to make one lose his senses and decide that every Muslim is a terrorist.
I used to be part of those who believe that there are good Muslims out there, and al Qaeda and the rest Islamic terrorists are only a few who are tarnishing the image of Islam, but recently I had to change my mind to start believing that 80% of Muslims are direct or indirect jihadists. Few Muslims may be doing the attacks and bombings, but after you must have added those who secretly sympathize with them the figures will change. If actually there are good Muslims out there, why dont they find it necessary to fight the jihadists to clean and save their religion from the bad name it has gotten? Instead they relax and do nothing. The good Muslims are they ones who should be actively fighting Islamic extremists and not the west doing it. This would make us non Muslims believe that there are indeed good Muslims, and Islam is a religion of peace but was only hijacked by a few extremists. As long as the so-called good Muslims are doing nothing about their brothers killing innocent people, it shows they are probably secret sympathizers.

Are the western countries fighting the extremists? or increasing their ranks
When they started recruiting people to go and frustrate the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, did they discuss it with us?
Did the invasion of Iraqi not increase terror attacks and resentments of western countries in Muslim countries
They did not listen to those who said "don't attack Iraq" but they now want muslims to deal with the consequences
If the Lavon affair (google it) incident had not failed, would muslims not have been blamed for it
Inspite of that incident, whenever we raise issues about the truth of such incidents, people dismiss them
Let me ask this question? Who started WWII? (Read Icebreaker by Viktor Suvorov for an opinion on the matter)

You are likely to say I am bringing distractions but some of these matters go beyong fighting terrorism

7 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 21, 2013
Lemme answer.

Do good, non-hyprotical, honest Christians really exist?

Religion never makes anybody good. Goodness is from the heart.

6 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nwogbe: 11:03am On Jan 21, 2013
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by aryzgreat: 11:03am On Jan 21, 2013
No!
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by OmerianConsult: 11:04am On Jan 21, 2013
We really need to read d holy books ourselves and seek info about doctrines, beliefs n traditions with an open mind. Getting crazy n irrational about a religion which u inherited is sheer madness. Religion all thru d ages have wreaked great devastation. Everyone needs to thoroughly examine his/her faith.
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 21, 2013
"To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam." ---My question is 'why must there be a threat to ban or kill attached to anything about this particular religion'

with all due respect, threads like this should be left in the religious section! instead of bringing them on the front page and tag a ban-warning on it??
In fact, the question itself is offensive! because good and bad people exist everywhere, why must you mention a particular religion??

8 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by DeepSight(m): 11:05am On Jan 21, 2013
I am somewhat saddened that the Admin would endorse this thread for the front-page. It is an offensive question in the first place. Good and bad people exist in every religion, tribe, society and nation. To ask a question whether good people exist in a particular religion is seriously offensive to that religion.

This thread ought to be deleted without further ado.

My thoughts.

5 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Cheers01: 11:06am On Jan 21, 2013
BetaThings:

Are the western countries fighting the extremists? or increasing their ranks
When they started recruiting people to go and frustrate the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, did they discuss it with us?
Did the invasion of Iraqi not increase terror attacks and resentments of western countries in Muslim countries
They did not listen to those who said "don't attack Iraq" but they now want muslims to deal with the consequences
If the Lavon affair (google it) incident had not failed, would muslims not have been blamed for it
Inspite of that incident, whenever we raise issues about the truth of such incidents, people dismiss them
Let me ask this question? Who started WWII? (Read Icebreaker by Viktor Suvorov for an opinion on the matter)

You are likely to say I am bringing distractions but some of these matters go beyong fighting terrorism

So, the West invaded Nigeria to cause Boo Haram?

This diversionary tactics of using the Iraq/Afghan war to cover up for terrorism only makes you look like a terrorist supporter

6 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Osaos(m): 11:06am On Jan 21, 2013
I think d question shld be ' do good pple exist' . Religion is nt a characteristic to good character.
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by lacasa: 11:07am On Jan 21, 2013
Do good, straight, non-pedefile, less fraudulent, non-embezzling, non-deceiving, non-private jet flying, non-gay/lesbian, non-genocidal, ethnocentric, bigoted and non-promiscous christians really EXISt

1 Like

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Paschal007: 11:08am On Jan 21, 2013
"To avoid being banned, please ensure that
your post is not offensive to Islam."

Nawa o see threat on top of my comment box. I reserve my comment. cool

2 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by joshua8862(m): 11:08am On Jan 21, 2013
there are gd ones that dnt lyk want is happening nw.
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by SORTER: 11:10am On Jan 21, 2013
THERE'S NO POINT JUSTIFYING IF GOOD MUSLIM EXIST OR NOT.THERE'S A MINDSET ALREADY...IT WILL JUST BE POINTLESS AS EVER.
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by k00lxpert(m): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2013
@OP, i doubt it...the problem is from their source. ''quote me''. u can't pass to other pple what u aren't thought...think about this.

HOPE I WON'T BE BANNED @ADMIN?

2 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Cheers01: 11:11am On Jan 21, 2013
[size=18pt]To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.[/size]

^^^The message in bold is what you see before you post on this topic/thread.

The irony is very clear. There are good muslims, however some other muslims need to learn tolerance

1 Like

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by lacasa: 11:13am On Jan 21, 2013
2ndly, the Admin that allowed this topic to even make front-page is meant to be Castrated on the spot.

Nairaland is all about ethno-religious innuendos made to rile up sentiments and e-battles ​ so​ that the site can dubiously gain from the traffic.

Well Done Seun Osewa, i hail ooo.
undecided
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Guchis(f): 11:15am On Jan 21, 2013
Yes, they do
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by k00lxpert(m): 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
Deep Sight:
I am somewhat saddened that the Admin would endorse this thread for the front-page. It is an offensive question in the first place. Good and bad people exist in every religion, tribe, society and nation. To ask a question whether good people exist in a particular religion is seriously offensive to that religion.

This thread ought to be deleted without further ado.

My thoughts.
THEN CREATE UR OWN TOPIC IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION...HENCE, U DON'T PROVOKE URSELF 2 ANOTHER CYBER(RELIGION) VIOLENCE. SHIKENA!
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by maclatunji: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
Paschal007: "To avoid being banned, please ensure that

LOL- at bolded, the Moderator of the Islam for Muslims Section did not initiate or sponsor that warning- I hope those who did will be kind enough to come forward with their reasons.

However, I subscribe to the notion that insults of any kind of any group should not be tolerated here or elsewhere.

Thank you.
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
OP you are entitle to your opinion and this will not change the fact about ISLAM, However, i would advice you to do research about ISLAM from islamic scholaers.OP you are entitle to your opinion and this will not change the fact about ISLAM, However, i would advice you to do research about ISLAM from islamic scholaers.OP you are entitle to your opinion and this will not change the fact about ISLAM, However, i would advice you to do research about ISLAM from islamic scholaers.
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Profkenny1(m): 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
Yes, the open-minded ones (ca. 1%) among them are good. well, western education made them open-minded because I've lived with those good ones and I really like them!
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by aryzgreat: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
Paschal007: "To avoid being banned, please ensure that

That threat on RED is part of the terrorism we are discussing!

hope this is not offensive to islam? if u dont see my post again know ye that i av been banned for this comment
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by yuzedo: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
Dunno, Don't care! undecided
All i know is: I love Muslims... Because they give us free Public Holidays in Nigeria!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Kairoseki77: 11:17am On Jan 21, 2013
Mali is a muslim country.

The muslim Malian Army is fighting and dying to repel the terrorists.
The muslims in Mali are the one's that cried out for help from France.

1 Like

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by OPEYEMIAD(m): 11:19am On Jan 21, 2013
There is secutiy boko haram, political boko haram and criminal boko haram, good Muslim existm not all Muslim were terorist and not all terrorist were Muslim, so where do you want them to begin the fight.
Henry okha has found guilty for 2010 eagle square bomb, is he a Muslim?
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Wizeboy(m): 11:20am On Jan 21, 2013
Blackteeth: As Islamic terrorist and the likes of boko haram keep causing more havoc worldwide, it makes it more difficult for the most educated and sane non muslims to hang on to the fair notion that all Muslims are not terrorists. These Islamic terrorists can be frustrating enough to make one lose his senses and decide that every Muslim is a terrorist.

I used to be part of those who believe that there are good Muslims out there, and al Qaeda and the rest Islamic terrorists are only a few who are tarnishing the image of Islam, but recently I had to change my mind to start believing that 80% of Muslims are direct or indirect jihadists. Few Muslims may be doing the attacks and bombings, but after you must have added those who secretly sympathize with them the figures will change.

If actually there are good Muslims out there, why dont they find it necessary to fight the jihadists to clean and save their religion from the bad name it has gotten? Instead they relax and do nothing. The good Muslims are they ones who should be actively fighting Islamic extremists and not the west doing it. This would make us non Muslims believe that there are indeed good Muslims, and Islam is a religion of peace but was only hijacked by a few extremists.

As long as the so-called good Muslims are doing nothing about their brothers killing innocent people, it shows they are probably secret sympathizers.

I am sorry to say this, your assumption is baseless. How do you expect the good Muslims to fight the terrorist? With bare hands or what? What good Muslims can only do, is to condemn in totality the activities of this people, which they always do but Newspapers will never report such condemnation but rather carrying fake news all about (do you know how many times Sultan of Sokoto and other prominent leaders has condemned this sect openly?).

Now, I am a Good Muslim, do you expect me to travel to up North and started fighting the Boko haram when I am not an Army, Police or belong to any military or para-military formation. Is that not SUICIDAL?

Try as much as possible to be truthful, sincere, delete any form of bigots and hatred on your mind towards Islam; you will definitely see as many Good Muslims around you as ever.

Salam...

3 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by mine86: 11:23am On Jan 21, 2013
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by ziccoit: 11:23am On Jan 21, 2013
The question would have been; do bad Muslims really exist?

By definition, Muslims are the adherent of Islam they are those who worship the one and only Allah who is the creator of the universe and are in total submission to His wills.

So, the question as to whether a good Muslim really exist is a fallacy of highest order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Is Ramadan 1444AH Starting? / An Important Hadith For Husband-wife Relationship / Ramadan 2021 Preparation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.