Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:44 PM

Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) (9026 Views)

Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. / Abu Hurayrah – The Great Hadith Narrator / Lets Learn About The Life Of Abu Bakr As-siddiq(r.a) - Briefly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
As-Salam alaykum

Imam Muslim records:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (s) as saying:

Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, [size=15pt]created Adam in His image[/size] with His length of sixty cubits*, and as He created him He told him to greet that group, and that was a party of angels sitting there, and listen to the response that they give him, for it would form his greeting and that of his offspring. He then went away and said: Peace be upon you! They (the angels) said: May there be peace upon you and the Mercy of Allah, and they made an addition of" Mercy of Allah". So he who would get into Paradise would get in the form of Adam, his length being sixty cubits, then the people who followed him continued to diminish in size up to this day."
http://sunnah.com/muslim/53
Ref: Sahih Muslim 2841
In-book reference : Book 53, Hadith 32
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 40, Hadith 6809

* Imam Ahmad added from another way by Sa'eed ibn al-Musayyab that Abu Hurairah had said: "...and seven cubits wide" {[Musnad Ahmad, vol.2, pg.315; al-Qastalani in his al-Irshad as-Sari, vol.7, pg 90.

This is exactly what the Bible says in the book of Genesis 1:27 which reads:

So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female he created them.

Quran, al-Furqan (criterion between truth and falsehood)

“(Allah is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: [size=15pt]there is nothing whatever like unto Him[/size] and He is the One that hears and sees (all things). To Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth: He enlarges and restricts the Sustenance to whom He will: for He knows full well all things.” [Quran 42:11-12]

# If Adam was sixty cubits long, so he must be, according to the conformity of his organs, seventeen and one seventh cubits wide. If his width was seven cubits, his length must be twenty-four and a half cubits, because the width of the normal man equals two sevenths of his length. Why did Abu Hurayra say that Adam was sixty cubits long and seven cubits width? Did Adam have an unconformable structure and a disfigured form? Certainly not! Allah (S.w.T.) said: (Certainly we created man in the best make) 95:4

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2016
To be continued in sha Allah
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
AlBaqir:
As-Salam alaykum

Imam Muslim records:

Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, [size=15pt]created Adam in His image[/size] with His length of sixty cubits, and as He created him He told him to greet that group, and that was a party of angels sitting there, and listen to the response that they give him, for it would form his greeting and that of his offspring. He then went away and said: Peace be upon you! They (the angels) said: May there be peace upon you and the Mercy of Allah, and they made an addition of" Mercy of Allah". So he who would get into Paradise would get in the form of Adam, his length being sixty cubits, then the people who followed him continued to diminish in size up to this day."

So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female he created them.

“(Allah is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: [size=15pt]there is nothing whatever like unto Him[/size] and He is the One that hears and sees (all things). To Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth: He enlarges and restricts the Sustenance to whom He will: for He knows full well all things.” [Quran 42:11-12]

# If Adam was sixty cubits long, so he must be, according to the conformity of his organs, seventeen and one seventh cubits wide. If his width was seven cubits, his length must be twenty-four and a half cubits, because the width of the normal man equals two sevenths of his length. Why did Abu Hurayra say that Adam was sixty cubits long and seven cubits width? Did Adam have an unconformable structure and a disfigured form? Certainly not! Allah (S.w.T.) said: (Certainly we created man in the best make) 95:4
There Is No Doubt The Hadith Is Fake. I Hope It's Not Graded Sahih. Good News Is No Muslim Compared Allah With Anything. Majority Cling On "there is none like Him"

Reminds Me During Acadip Dawah, A Christian Brought It Up. But Unfortunately For Him, The Debate Was Qur'an Versus Bible. If This Hadith Is Graded Sahih, I Wonder What Fundamentalist Brother Meant By There Is Nothing Weak Or Fabricated In Bukhari And Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Newnas(m): 3:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
Abu Hurayrah is free from the lies you grave-worshipping shias accuse him of.

The pronoun "him" in that hadith refers to Adam. Your lies increase the student of knowledge in certainty that you shias are bloody liars.

As from today, I owe you deviant(s) not more than a comment per thread.

You better go and repent and stop accusing the innocent slaves of Allah.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
Empiree:
There Is No Doubt The Hadith Is Fake. I Hope It's Not Graded Sahih. Good News Is No Muslim Compared Allah With Anything. Majority Cling On "there is none like Him"

Reminds Me During Acadip Dawah, A Christian Brought It Up. But Unfortunately For Him, The Debate Was Qur'an Versus Bible. If This Hadith Is Graded Sahih, I Wonder What Fundamentalist Brother Meant By There Is Nothing Weak Or Fabricated In Bukhari And Muslim.

@underlined, the hadith is in "SAHIH MUSLIM", so according to the grading system of Ahlu Sunnah, it is surely Sahihun
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
AlBaqir, there is a similar narration of this hadith in bukhari, but in that of bukhari there is nothing like "in his own image" something is not right somewhere.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
lexiconkabir:
AlBa.qir, there is a similar narration of this hadith in bukhari, but in that of bukhari there is nothing like "in his own image" something is not right somewhere.
In My Opinion, It Seems There Was Mass Compilation That Led To This Mixup. Doesnt Necessarily Mean Imam Bukhary's Fault
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
Empiree:
In My Opinion, It Seems There Was Mass Compilation That Led To This Mixup. Doesnt Necessarily Mean Imam Bukhary's Fault
And, all the hadith that said Adam(a.s) is 60cubits tall was narrated by Abu hurayra only, so i dont understand how "in his own image" entered that of muslim's collection that was also narrated by the same Abu hurayra.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 14, 2016
AlBaqir, are you saying Adam couldnt have been 60cubits tall? Dont you know that the smaller the planet, the lesser the gravity, and the bigger and taller the creatures will be? Scientists have proved that the smaller the planet that has so much mass in it, the lesser its gravity, and the taller and bigger its creatures will be. This is why earth, for instance, had gigantic dinosaurs on it. It's size was smaller, and hence, its gravity was lesser, and hence, the size of the creatures that were living on it were much larger, so since the earth was much smaller(also mentioned in the Quran) than what we have today, then the first man to walk on earth will be very tall(60cubits like the prophet pbuh said).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 14, 2016
The NASA and havard university scientists in This video talked about the smaller the earth in size, the lesser the gravity and the taller and larger the creatures living inside it will be, its a just a 5mb(in size) video, pls watch it.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by BETATRON(m): 12:43am On Apr 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:
The NASA and havard university scientists in This video talked about the smaller the earth in size, the lesser the gravity and the taller and larger the creatures living inside it will be, its a just a 5mb(in size) video, pls watch it.
was there a time that the earth was lesser in size? There exist creatures bigger than the dinosaur on our earth today by the way there are no smaller dinosaurs....the scientist is only giving a simple illustration of want will happen if" not what has happened
So are you trying to say that our earth is growing bigger and we, its inhabitants are growing smaller a reversed evolution? This itself is non-scientific

Finally the plate tectonic theory shows that our earth has been equal in size for years immemorial
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 1:19am On Apr 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:
And, all the hadith that said Adam(a.s) is 60cubits tall was narrated by Abu hurayra only, so i dont understand how "in his own image" entered that of muslim's collection that was also narrated by the same Abu hurayra.
It's crazy, isn't? . Since there will never be any book in the world free from errors except Qur'an, it is only makes sense to say those ahadith were tampered with or "mis-narrated" or misquoted.

However we have some muslims who believe that whatever is narrated in sahih Bukhari and Muslim is authentic. Their "evidence" is, if those ahadith could survive centuries of great scholars of islam and were not critisized, who the heck is us in 21st century to say they are fabricated ahadith. That's their weak evidence.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Nobody: 4:10am On Apr 14, 2016
BETATRON:
was there a time that the earth was lesser in size? There exist creatures bigger than the dinosaur on our earth today by the way there are no smaller dinosaurs....the scientist is only giving a simple illustration of want will happen if" not what has happened
So are you trying to say that our earth is growing bigger and we, its inhabitants are growing smaller a reversed evolution? This itself is non-scientific

Finally the plate tectonic theory shows that our earth has been equal in size for years immemorial
We have dinosaurs that were 96.4feets tall, i never knew we had creatures that tall existing today(according to you), can you tell me about any? if you say the earth has been the same since time immemorial, then what happens to the theory that says the earth expands every day? you have to note that this is also backed up by the Quran.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Nobody: 4:40am On Apr 14, 2016
here is another video that shows that the earth was 10% its current size(estimation), watch this Video (see minute 1:47), altho this is close to 60mb(i hope you use wifi)
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 9:13am On Apr 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:
AlBaqir, there is a similar narration of this hadith in bukhari, but in that of bukhari there is nothing like "in his own image" something is not right somewhere.

Empiree:

Alhamdulillah you discover the underlined part was missing in the narration of al-Bukhari. And yes something is seriously wrong somewhere. If you are very attentive and open-minded when comparing some similar traditions of the same chain, you will discover Imam Bukhari or somebody behind the scene had made Tahrif (distortion). Imam Muslim (d. 261 H) was a student of Imam Bukhari (d. 256 H) and the former used his teacher's research work, style and conditions to compiled his own Sahih.

Example of distortion:

1. The very one you have noticed - "in His image". Phrase missing in Bukhari but found in Muslim

2. A man came to Umar b. al-Khatttab and said, "I have seminal discharges and I cannot find water (to perform ghusl)." He (Umar) said, DO NOT PERFORM SALAT (La tusalli)." So, Ammar said..."

* The bold part is recorded in Sahih Muslim but missing in Sahih Bukhari. Attached screenshots of both.

NB: There are lots like that but I wouldn't want to derail my own thread.

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 9:33am On Apr 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:
AlBaqir, are you saying Adam couldnt have been 60cubits tall?

Absolutely that was not my submission. I have no scientific data to argue Adam was not 60cubits tall. I however apologize for mistakenly left out the reference of the other hadith which made me ask the question why did Abu Hurairah said Adam was sixty cubits long and seven cubits width?.

* The reference has been adjusted at the OP.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 12:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
WILL ALLAH PUTS HIS LEG IN HELL TO BECOME FILLED UP?
Imam al-Bukhari documents:

# Narrated Abu Huraira:
"It will be said to the Hell, 'Are you filled?' It will say, 'Are there any more (to come)?' [size=15pt]On that Allah will put His Foot on it[/size], and it will say 'Qati! Qati! (Enough! Enough!).

USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 6, Book 60, Hadith 372
Arabic reference : Book 65, Hadith 4849

# Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (s) said, "Paradise and the Fire (Hell) argued, and the Fire (Hell) said, "I have been given the privilege of receiving the arrogant and the tyrants.' Paradise said, 'What is the matter with me? Why do only the weak and the humble among the people enter me?' On that, Allah said to Paradise. 'You are My Mercy which I bestow on whoever I wish of my servants.' Then Allah said to the (Hell) Fire, 'You are my (means of) punishment by which I punish whoever I wish of my slaves. And each of you will have its fill.' As for the Fire (Hell), it will not be filled [size=15pt]till Allah puts His feet into it[/size] whereupon it will say, 'Qati! Qati!' At that time it will be filled, and its different parts will come closer to each other; and Allah will not wrong any of His created beings. As regards Paradise, Allah will create a new creation to fill it with."

UCS-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 6, Book 60, Hadith 373
Arabic reference : Book 65, Hadith 4850
http://sunnah.com/bukhari/65

WHAT AL-FURQAN (THE CRITERION) SAYS
[38:84-85]surah Ṣād
"Allah said: ‘So the truth is (this), and the truth I say, "

"[size=15pt]That I will fill Hell with you and with all those[/size] who will follow your (denigrating mindset).
’ "

1 Like

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by BETATRON(m): 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:
We have dinosaurs that were 96.4feets tall, i never knew we had creatures that tall existing today(according to you), can you tell me about any? if you say the earth has been the same since time immemorial, then what happens to the theory that says the earth expands every day? you have to note that this is also backed up by the Quran.
the scientific term used is expansion of the universe not of earth,, these are two entirely distinct terms (earth and universe) it is very scientifically implausible for our earth to increase in size,,cause the size of the earth follows a precise calculation that keeps it in its course

Wow..never imagined dinosaurs were that big but the blue whale is around 90 to 100feets if I'm not mistaken...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2016
ABU HURAIRAH'S DESCRIPTIONS OF "MOVEMENT"

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (p.b.u.h) said, "Our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, comes every night down on the nearest Heaven to us when the last third of the night remains, saying: "Is there anyone to invoke Me, so that I may respond to invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me, so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?"

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 1145
In-book reference : Book 19, Hadith 26
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 2, Book 21, Hadith 246
http://sunnah.com/bukhari/19

So, Mr Newnas, do you leave the hadith of Abu Hurairah literally as it is or you want to do some Tawil? grin

QURAN AL-FURQAN (THE CRITERION) CLARIFIES
[2:186] Al-Baqarah
And, (O Beloved,) when My servants ask you about Me, (tell them) [size=15pt]‘I am near[/size]. I reply the call of the supplicant whenever he calls Me out. So they should embrace My obedience and have (firm) faith in Me so that they may find the (coveted) road (leading straight to the destination).’ "

[50:16] Qāf
And assuredly, We created man and We know (also) the doubts which his (ill-commanding) self puts (into his heart and mind). [size=15pt]And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein[/size]. "

So, we ask Abu Hurairah why must our Lord has to come down to the nearest heavens to hear our prayers at the later part of night?

Reward for Tahajjud
If one wakes at midnight, half of the night or last third of the night and prays Tahajjud (Qiyam layl), it is for his own benefit and the exalted station can be attained. Quran says:

[17:79] Al-’Isrā
"And in some part of the night (as well, rising from sleep,) offer the Tahajjud Prayer (with the Qur’an). This is added especially for you. Your Lord will certainly raise you to a station of praise and glory (Maqaman Mahmudan)"
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Fundamentalist: 2:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
Empiree:
There Is No Doubt The Hadith Is Fake. I Hope It's Not Graded Sahih[s][/s]. Good News Is No Muslim Compared Allah With Anything[b][/b]. Majority Cling On "there is none like Him"

i watched the video, your brothers in ACADIP only escaped the questions technically because he was running away from true answer that will confuse he ignorant muslims listeners who dont know nothing about aqeedah. I am getting more aquinted with your ignorance on usool hadith grin grin grin.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
Fundamentalist:

i watched the video, your brothers in ACADIP only escaped the questions technically because he was running away from true answer that will confuse he ignorant muslims listeners who dont know nothing about aqeedah. I am getting more squinted with your ignorance on usool hadith grin grin grin.
Excuse me? What are you talking about?. When it comes to debate, Acadip was right. We use what is "plain and clear". There is no need for acadip to delve into such ahadith in interfaith debate. It is rather an issue within muslims. This is proper methodology. Even if usool of the hadith is to be explained, you think the Christians would still understand?

And if you think everything in sahih hadith is 100% authentic, i feel sorry for you. Albaqir already cleared that for you. And you keep talking about Aqeeda, is there anything in the Quran that made mentioned of "Aqeeda"?. Answer is no. The muslims audience at Acadip are on one belief. Call it "aqeeda" if you want. Their belief is Lailaha ilaAllah. Dont start telling us they are ignorant bcus you use that word too often.

1 Like

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 4:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Fundamentalist believes @bold needs to be understood with usool. Isnt what Christians say as well and we condemn them?. They too trying to explain their "usool" to muslims. Fundamentalist would condemn Christians for saying such thing but when his beloved shuyuk said the same thing, he has no problem with it but to defend it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlBaqir(m): 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
Empiree:
Fundamentalist believe @bold needs to be understood with usool. Isnt what Christians say as well and we condemn them?. They too trying to explain their "usool" to muslims. Fundamentalist would condemn Christians for saying such thing but when his beloved shuyuk said the same thing, he has no problem with it but to defend it.

Wahabi-salafist problem generally is inconsistency. [1]. Sometimes they are literalist. [2]. Sometimes they do Tafwid (i.e leaving the meaning as it is e.g thuma stawa alal arsh - then He established over the throne). Whoever try to interpret the verse out of its literal meaning will be label Kafir. [3.] And sometimes they do Tawil (interpreting a verse out of his literal meaning e.g "...wherever they may be He (هو ) is with them..."wink. Here (contrary to the verse) they say Allah is in heaven and only His ilm is on earth and everywhere. So don't be surprised with their cunning and confused system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Newnas(m): 7:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
AlBaqir:

Wahabi-salafist problem generally is inconsistency. [1]. Sometimes they are literalist. [2]. Sometimes they do Tafwid (i.e leaving the meaning as it is e.g thuma stawa alal arsh - then He established over the throne). Whoever try to interpret the verse out of its literal meaning will be label Kafir. [3.] And sometimes they do Tawil (interpreting a verse out of his literalweeeea\ meaning e.g "...wherever they may be He (هو ) is with them..."wink. Here (contrary to the verse) they say Allah is in heaven and only His ilm is on earth and everywhere. So don't be surprised with their cunning and confused system.

A professional research!!!

I don't doubt your deviation from the truth ! The earlier you repent the better for you!

2 Likes

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by udatso: 9:18am On Apr 17, 2016
So educative. .....fingers crossed
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlMuflihah(f): 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlBaqir:
WILL ALLAH PUTS HIS LEG IN HELL TO BECOME FILLED UP?
Imam al-Bukhari documents:

# Narrated Abu Huraira:
"It will be said to the Hell, 'Are you filled?' It will say, 'Are there any more (to come)?' [size=15pt]On that Allah will put His Foot on it[/size], and it will say 'Qati! Qati! (Enough! Enough!).

USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 6, Book 60, Hadith 372
Arabic reference : Book 65, Hadith 4849

# Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (s) said, "Paradise and the Fire (Hell) argued, and the Fire (Hell) said, "I have been given the privilege of receiving the arrogant and the tyrants.' Paradise said, 'What is the matter with me? Why do only the weak and the humble among the people enter me?' On that, Allah said to Paradise. 'You are My Mercy which I bestow on whoever I wish of my servants.' Then Allah said to the (Hell) Fire, 'You are my (means of) punishment by which I punish whoever I wish of my slaves. And each of you will have its fill.' As for the Fire (Hell), it will not be filled [size=15pt]till Allah puts His feet into it[/size] whereupon it will say, 'Qati! Qati!' At that time it will be filled, and its different parts will come closer to each other; and Allah will not wrong any of His created beings. As regards Paradise, Allah will create a new creation to fill it with."

UCS-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 6, Book 60, Hadith 373
Arabic reference : Book 65, Hadith 4850
http://sunnah.com/bukhari/65

WHAT AL-FURQAN (THE CRITERION) SAYS
[38:84-85]surah Ṣād
"Allah said: ‘So the truth is (this), and the truth I say, "

"[size=15pt]That I will fill Hell with you and with all those[/size] who will follow your (denigrating mindset).
’ "

What do you say. About this Ayah in suratul Qaf "
يَوْمَ نَقُولُ لِجَهَنَّمَ هَلِ ٱمْتَلَأْتِ وَتَقُولُ هَلْ مِن مَّزِيدٍ
On the Day when We will say to Hell: "Are you filled?" It will say: "Are there any more (to come)?"
50:30"? And if you say it's only Abu Hurayrah that narates something similar to that, I urge you to read up the tafsir and you will find asimilar report from musnad imam Ahmad from Anas bn Malik
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlMuflihah(f): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlBaqir:
ABU HURAIRAH'S DESCRIPTIONS OF "MOVEMENT"

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (p.b.u.h) said, "Our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, comes every night down on the nearest Heaven to us when the last third of the night remains, saying: "Is there anyone to invoke Me, so that I may respond to invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me, so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?"

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 1145
In-book reference : Book 19, Hadith 26
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 2, Book 21, Hadith 246
http://sunnah.com/bukhari/19

So, Mr Newnas, do you leave the hadith of Abu Hurairah literally as it is or you want to do some Tawil? grin

QURAN AL-FURQAN (THE CRITERION) CLARIFIES
[2:186] Al-Baqarah
And, (O Beloved,) when My servants ask you about Me, (tell them) [size=15pt]‘I am near[/size]. I reply the call of the supplicant whenever he calls Me out. So they should embrace My obedience and have (firm) faith in Me so that they may find the (coveted) road (leading straight to the destination).’ "

[50:16] Qāf
And assuredly, We created man and We know (also) the doubts which his (ill-commanding) self puts (into his heart and mind). [size=15pt]And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein[/size]. "

So, we ask Abu Hurairah why must our Lord has to come down to the nearest heavens to hear our prayers at the later part of night?

Reward for Tahajjud
If one wakes at midnight, half of the night or last third of the night and prays Tahajjud (Qiyam layl), it is for his own benefit and the exalted station can be attained. Quran says:

[17:79] Al-’Isrā
"And in some part of the night (as well, rising from sleep,) offer the Tahajjud Prayer (with the Qur’an). This is added especially for you. Your Lord will certainly raise you to a station of praise and glory (Maqaman Mahmudan)"

Na'am before I answer your questions, I clearly see you have some reservations about Abu Hurayrah, (anyways you won't be the first to do) please what sect or what milah or tareeqah or 'aqeedah to you profess for this is my first time in this room and would want to know who I'm responding to before I do! Are you a Jahmi or Sh'ee?
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlMuflihah(f): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlBaqir:
As-Salam alaykum

Imam Muslim records:

Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, [size=15pt]created Adam in His image[/size] with His length of sixty cubits*, and as He created him He told him to greet that group, and that was a party of angels sitting there, and listen to the response that they give him, for it would form his greeting and that of his offspring. He then went away and said: Peace be upon you! They (the angels) said: May there be peace upon you and the Mercy of Allah, and they made an addition of" Mercy of Allah". So he who would get into Paradise would get in the form of Adam, his length being sixty cubits, then the people who followed him continued to diminish in size up to this day."

* Imam Ahmad added from another way by Sa'eed ibn al-Musayyab that Abu Hurairah had said: "...and seven cubits wide" {[Musnad Ahmad, vol.2, pg.315; al-Qastalani in his al-Irshad as-Sari, vol.7, pg 90.

First of all, Muslims should be people who submit to authentic texts even if it conflicts with their desires and Be not people who Pick and Choose what suits them for if we do we wouldn't be any better than the previous nations. Secondly there is a current trend amongst Muslims that they classify any hadith contrary to their beliefs or for hatred of a person as weak and fabricated without having adequate knowledge of mustalahul hadith. And we should know that we have limited intellectual abilities as humans and hence we might think something is wrong with an hadith while in reality it's is our minds that isn't equipped to understand it, hence the need to seek what scholars said about them.

So we need to first put sincerity in our hearts then the understanding of the texts would follow if we are deligent enough to study under trusted shuyukh.

Now back to this hadith, I am not asserting that sahih bukhari or Muslim is perfect, but it isn't left to us to decide which hadith is or not.

A's for the hadith in the OP, the problem is from the English translation, the hadith if read in Arabic makes absolute sense without any ambiguity, for the pronoun in his image goes back to Adam and not Allah, so we could as well interprete it as Allah created Adam in Adam's image of...
And Allah knows best, and may the perfect peace be on his khalil. Muhammad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Newnas(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlMuflihah:

Na'am before I answer your questions, I clearly see you have some reservations about Abu Hurayrah, (anyways you won't be the first to do) please what sect or what milah or tareeqah or 'aqeedah to you profess for this is my first time in this room and would want to know who I'm responding to before I do! Are you a Jahmi or Sh'ee?

He is a shia, a twelve imam shia, the worst of all sects.

1 Like

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
AlMuflihah:

A's for the hadith in the OP, the problem is from the English translation, the hadith if read in Arabic makes absolute sense without any ambiguity, for the pronoun in his image goes back to Adam and not Allah, so we could as well interprete it as Allah created Adam in Adam's image of...
And Allah knows best, and may the perfect peace be on his khalil. Muhammad
Makes sense isn't?. Now is that established tafsir of the hadith 'in Adam's image' as understood by scholars?.

You know it's like when trinitarian christians interpret ".....I'm ascending to my God and to your God" in the light of triune gods.

The same verse can be read in the light of unitarian (One God). If the hadith is understood as you said, that his image refers to Adam, that makes sense. Then English translation needs revision. I will like to read scholarly opinion on this. However, it makes sense for a muslim to disagree with the hadith has its literally written. This has nothing to do with aqeeda, sects, path etc. It's rather tafsir issue.

There is a similar verse in sura Hajj (22:78)

"......it's He who named you muslims"

There are muslims who think 'he' mentioned in the verse refers to Ibrahim(as) because some translations do not have parenthesis. I never understood it that way even without usool, tafsir. I have always thought it refers to Allah bcus Adam (as) came before Ibrahim (as) and Adam was a muslim. That's how I derived my meaning.
Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by Empiree: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
Newnas:

brother, pls stop this. It makes no sense. You too harsh all the time. Knowledge is not confined with anyone. There are things you don't know that he knows.

1 Like

Re: Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) by AlMuflihah(f): 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
Newnas:

Hmm... if it's as you've said, then it's would be a daunting task. But I believe even rocks bring out water... May Allah preserve him and make the truth beloved to him and us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Important Hadith For Husband-wife Relationship / Rulings On Abortion In Islam / Do Good Muslims Really Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.