Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge (17551 Views)

Protest Going On In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity : Exclusive Photos / Protest In Lagos Over The Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by jidsoon(m): 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
Founder, Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare has attacked Nigeria’s Lagos State Government for collecting N72 million from him for change of ownership of a parcel of land he bought from the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN.

Bakare, who spoke in Lagos, Southwest Nigeria, said he bought the parcel of land from PHCN to build a residential estate to make more people own their houses, saying he was shocked when the state government asked him to pay N72 million.

He said after paying the money, the government was yet to release documents of the transaction to him.

The preacher stated that such money was unnecessary as he had already paid for the land and that this was one of the evils brought about by the Land Use Act, LUA, which he said should be repealed.

“The Land Use Act is the enemy of progress in our country. Due to greed for land, they imposed it in our constitution and they are smiling to the bank every day. Citizens are not having access to land or they will pay through their nose.

“Even the Certificate of Ownership, whatever Lagos State Government calls it, it happened to me as a person. I bought a land from PHCN to develop real estate because Lagos State cried out that more houses and needed for people.

“After getting the C of O from PHCN, Lagos State says I have to obtain their documents and charged me N72 million extra on that parcel of land. Then you now enact a useless law asking that in a democracy, a tenant must pay one year rent maximum,” he said.

According to Bakare, “so, if I go to the bank to borrow for 23 percent and I had to pay back the money either through sale or rent, how do I realise it? You can see that nothing here seems to have value. We make laws without considering the needs of the people.”

Bakare said laws were being formulated in the country without having the interest of the masses in mind.

“Not all government laws are bad, Nigerians must rise to take their destiny in their own hand, reject an oppressive government, reject the 1999 constitution, if not this constitution will kill the nation,” he added.

Bakare also said it’s unfortunate that the nation has inept leadership, adding that “we have people who are promoted beyond their mental capacity operating in corridors of power. So, the worst of us are presiding over the best of us. It is shame on our nation.”

http://news.naij.com/20230.html

3 Likes

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by TechRev: 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
jidsoon: Founder, Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare has attacked Nigeria’s Lagos State Government for collecting N72 million from him for change of ownership of a parcel of land he bought from the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN.

Bakare, who spoke in Lagos, Southwest Nigeria, said he bought the parcel of land from PHCN to build a residential estate to make more people own their houses, saying he was shocked when the state government asked him to pay N72 million.

He said after paying the money, the government was yet to release documents of the transaction to him.

The preacher stated that such money was unnecessary as he had already paid for the land and that this was one of the evils brought about by the Land Use Act, LUA, which he said should be repealed.

“The Land Use Act is the enemy of progress in our country. Due to greed for land, they imposed it in our constitution and they are smiling to the bank every day. Citizens are not having access to land or they will pay through their nose.

“Even the Certificate of Ownership, whatever Lagos State Government calls it, it happened to me as a person. I bought a land from PHCN to develop real estate because Lagos State cried out that more houses and needed for people.

“After getting the C of O from PHCN, Lagos State says I have to obtain their documents and charged me N72 million extra on that parcel of land. Then you now enact a useless law asking that in a democracy, a tenant must pay one year rent maximum,” he said.

According to Bakare, “so, if I go to the bank to borrow for 23 percent and I had to pay back the money either through sale or rent, how do I realise it? You can see that nothing here seems to have value. We make laws without considering the needs of the people.”

Bakare said laws were being formulated in the country without having the interest of the masses in mind.

“Not all government laws are bad, Nigerians must rise to take their destiny in their own hand, reject an oppressive government, reject the 1999 constitution, if not this constitution will kill the nation,” he added.

Bakare also said it’s unfortunate that the nation has inept leadership, adding that “we have people who are promoted beyond their mental capacity operating in corridors of power. So, the worst of us are presiding over the best of us. It is shame on our nation.”

Finally Bakara recognizes an oppressive government very close to his door step and not the one in Aso Rock. Wind is blowing, foul nyansh dey ....
So ACN has been running an oppressive government in Lagos?? Lagos state gov get mind oohh. Land wey Pastor don buy already them still charge am 72million.
O dikwa Risky.

First to .....
Hopefully my post wont be hidden again.

17 Likes

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Geomac: 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
The charges is for the Consent which is 6% of the cost of the Land/Property, it depends on each State. In some states 5% of the value of improvement goes to Land and 1% goes to Board of Internal Revenue. In order to legalize the transaction (Assignmnet - Change of Ownership) there is need to get the Consent of the governmnent. Lagos state has not done anything wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by kingingkinging: 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2013
The problem is some people are always too hasty to make a conclusion.

It is normal to pay a charge befor ecollecting C of O.

It happens everywhere no peculiar to Lagos. It only shows the portion of land bought is much.

1 Like

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by free13: 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
TechRev:

Finally Bakara recognizes an oppressive government very close to his door step and not the one in Aso Rock. Wind is blowing, foul nyansh dey ....
So ACN has been running an oppressive government in Lagos?? Lagos state gov get mind oohh. Land wey Pastor don buy already them still charge am 72million.
O dikwa Risky.

First to .....

grin grin grin grin
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
Eko Oni Baje oo
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
72 million naira as 5% charge for land!!!
He must have paid billion for the land. Next, he will be the one critisizing some rich pastors in nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
Geomac: The charges is for the Consent which is 6% of the cost of the Land/Property, it depends on each State. In some states 5% of the value of improvement goes to Land and 1% goes to Board of Internal Revenue. In order to legalize the transaction (Assignmnet - Change of Ownership) there is need to get the Consent of the governmnent. Lagos state has not done anything wrong.

It sounds something from the government rep. Or am i missing something?

1 Like

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
rafhell: 72 million naira as 5% charge for land!!!
He must have paid billion for the land. Next, he will be the one critisizing some rich pastors in nigeria.

Did you see him flaunting his wealth amidst poverty? buying private jets and building schools his congregation can't afford?

He was trying to build an estate ooo PDP ORIGAMI..

21 Likes

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
That charge is too much o and I am sure he will still have to settle omonile. This aspect of fashola I don't like.
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by tutu1: 8:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
Nawa oh N75 million for C of O how much e come buy the land now, sad thing is that money goes to one civil savant's pocket, but I am sure now the news is on social media Fashola knows and will probably collect his own share of 75 million or maybe the whole sum lol. Naija magic grin
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Ayorh4you(m): 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
jidsoon: Founder, Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare has attacked Nigeria’s Lagos State Government for collecting N72 million from him for change of ownership of a parcel of land he bought from the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN.

Sorry sir

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by DAY12(m): 8:22pm On Jan 17, 2013
Good news. Equality Before the law!
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
The land use act is detrimental to housing developmental,in a state like Lagos that is overpopulated,measures shuold be taken to encourage people,and not burden them with multiple fee. Another negative to the Lagos state Govt.

2 Likes

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
Supporters of the Land Use Act.. you do agree it is no longer in consonance with the present realities .. abi
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Remii(m): 8:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
lol, that happens in Lagos everyday. Perfection fee is 12% of value so property of N25m attracts cost of N3m apart from other small small charges, yet some banks will not finance unperfected property.
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Cypost: 8:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
But pastor for take style teLl us how much he bought the land so we can access the situation better. This is one sided and maybe intended to rubbish the govt and score cheap political/pastoral point
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Mogidi: 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2013
Tunde will now concentrate on Lagos state rather than the fed govt, about time too.

1 Like

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by manny4life(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2013
This is not ONLY funny but double funny. I'm glad he has risen to acknowledge that LAGOS GOVT is nothing BUT FRAUD. Who pays such enormous amount in fees for change of ownership? shocked shocked shocked shocked How do you encourage development? I wish other governors where up to their toes in development, Lagos isn't healthy anymore, this is what I call financial desperado...AT ALL COST POSSIBLE.

3 Likes

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Exponental(m): 8:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
Where did he get d money?
Robbing peter 2 paul tinz uno....
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by executinal(m): 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
You never see anything yet. Why crying shebi na you wan tear GEJ oya face to face with Fashola you no fit claim your right. grin grin grin
Between were did he get 72 million to buy land? was is not through tith and offering?

OYEDEPO and co will be having a good laugh grin grin grin
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mogidi: Tunde will now concentrate on Lagos state rather than the fed govt, about time too.

ladies and gentlemen, behold the formal launch of SLG - Save Lagos Group, sponsors and initiators of Occupy Lagos wink
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by earthgreeners(m): 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
EQUALITY....
Good Job by the Lagos State Government......

PTB didn't state the worth of the land, I'm sure LASG didnt charge him in excess of what is actually on ground...He is not the first to pay and won't be the last..

The Law is the Law, if u aint satisfied..Go to Ikeja High Court

1 Like

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by TenKobo1: 8:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
Bakare speaks the language of the people. He's one in a billion.

1 Like

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by lawyer(m): 8:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
These are half truths! For it to be 72 million, the land must be in a very high profile area and the square meters must be in so many hectares for that land before it came to that price and am sure the price he would sell 1 plot or property after he is done will surpass N72 million per plot. So he should state the area exactly and rhe square meters before we criticize Lagos state or not!

3 Likes

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by boron10(m): 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
Cypost: But pastor for take style teLl us how much he bought the land so we can access the situation better. This is one sided and maybe intended to rubbish the govt and score cheap political/pastoral point
Calculate it yourself. Atleast you did maths in secondary school.

1 Like

Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by fuqua: 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
If you must quote the entire article, please have a meaningful response. Some people should be thrown UNDER the jail!!!!!
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by Ngwakwe: 8:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
For this singular act of criticizing Lagos State Government, you will be inducted into National Hall of Shame this year.

Prof. Achebe will be given a better treatment than Pastor Bakare for daring to speak against deity that is worshiped and adored by his people.

In short, this Pastor should be deported to where he comes from.

Must Bakare build in Lagos State?

TechRev:

O dikwa Risky.

First to .....
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by coolted(m): 8:58pm On Jan 17, 2013
GOOD FOR U!
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by sweetkevisco(m): 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
If to say na GEJ collect the 72 million naira,Bakere 4 dey talk anyhow. when he see Fashola*jumps enter hole*.
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by CohenJane: 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
earthgreeners: EQUALITY....
Good Job by the Lagos State Government......

PTB didn't state the worth of the land, I'm sure LASG didnt charge him in excess of what is actually on ground...He is not the first to pay and won't be the last..

The Law is the Law, if u aint satisfied..Go to Ikeja High Court

1000+ likes at the boldened
Re: Bakare Attacks Lagos Over N72m Land Charge by CohenJane: 9:11pm On Jan 17, 2013
lawyer: These are half truths! For it to be 72 million, the land must be in a very high profile area and the square meters must be in so many hectares for that land before it came to that price and am sure the price he would sell 1 plot or property after he is done will surpass N72 million per plot. So he should state the area exactly and rhe square meters before we criticize Lagos state or not!

You have my thumbs up for that. By the way, the pastor should have told us how much exactly he bought the land for the Govt charge of 5% to have amounted to 72million naira. If my maths does not fail me, I think the land should worth 14,400,000,000. i.e. 1.4billion. Aba, pastor? So, you don't wanna pay tax on that huge sum, how will the wealth trickle down? See how you come open your yansh!

Here is the Maths, Change of Subject:
5/100 *(K) = 72,000,000 (multiply 5 by k)
5K/100 = 72,000,000
5K = 72,000,000*100 (multiply both sides by 100)
5K = 7,200,000,000
K = (7,200,000,000)/5 (divide both sides by 5)
K = 1,440,000,000

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victory Rally: Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri Celebrated In Style In Yola(Photos) / Buhari Yet To Return To Office, 11 Days After ‘7-Day Visit To Daura’ / SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.