Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,673 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! (17448 Views)

Revealed: Real Reasons Buhari Chose His SGF, COS - Nigerian Tribune / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by PapaBrowne(m): 4:17am On Feb 26, 2011
Let me start by acknowledging the fact that the Bakare pick by Buhari, has improved Buhari's fortunes desperately. In many online polls I've come across of recent, Buhari/ Bakare's popularity has skyrocted sometimes surpassing that of Jonathan. What I observed however, is that the biggest loser is Ribadu. All his fans seemed to drift enmass to the Buhari/Bakare ticket. Jonathan's popularity remains good, just a little less than the early days.
Given the fact that Buhari controls the North West with 19 Million Voters and has a pretty Good Showing in the South West, you would think Victory should be certain for CPC.
However, I'm 1000% sure that after a free and fair election come May 29th Buhari would not be anywhere near Aso rock for the simple reasons stated below

1)They are not campaigning
We have just 5 weeks to the elections and I can't see any sign of Buhari campaigning anywhere in Nigeria . He hasn't visited any states in the south or middle belt. No rallies whatsoever. Does he think everybody reads newspapers or have internet connection?? Ruralites which constitute the real voters in Nigeria have never heard about CPC. How are they going to give him votes. How is the farmer in Isale Egan, Arochukwu or Gbaramatu going to vote a Buhari he has has never heard about? Jonathan on the other hand is travelling everywhere despite the fact that he has the required visibility already.

2)The CPC has very limited structures
CPC has no structures in many states across the country. In fact, they didn't even field Governorship candidates in many states. Elections are won by politicians and not on the pages of newspapers. People actually think PDP wins because they rig. Thats far from the truth. PDP winS elections because they built structures across the country. Every Okada Association, Taxi drivers Asscoc, Market women group, and every other group that controls large swaths of REAL voters are all on the payroll of the PDP. The CPC structures start and finish in the North West and some states in the North East. Structures in the South West are shared between PDP and ACN. Without these structures, there is no way CPC is winning even 10% of the votes in the South West.

3)Jonathan's Popularity
It is not very often you see a popular incumbent. Jonathan is very popular, not because of his performance but because of the nature of his ascension. Nigeria is a very religious country and many people have come to believe that Jonathan has been propped up by God to bring change to the country. There is the impression amongst so many I've spoken with, that God will use Jonathan to change Nigeria.
Buhari knows this so well, so he calculatedly brings in a Pastor as running mate to tilt the balance. Was it a good strategy,I think very much so! Will it improve his fortunes, sadly I don't think so as Bakare is known to have discredited all the crowd pulling ministers including Adeboye whose he seems to be courting desperately these days.

4)Cash, Money and Finance
Seriously, in any election, Cash is King. Whether that Election is in America or Zimbabwe, Nigeria or New Zealand!! Obama raised $600million dollars to execute his election. Without that war-chest, he would have lost to McCain. Fact is, He bought that election legitimately!!
Nigeria is not an exception! Money rules! Donald Duke estimated that it would cost close to 20 Billion naira to execute a honest presidential election. And that's just for campaigning minus settlements. My opinion, 50 Billion wouldn' t even do. If Buhari can raise that money in 5 weeks, then trust me he stole it!!

The PDP can buy up all the almajiris in the North West with N1000 each and they would line up enmasse for Jonathan. 19 Million almajiris will cost the PDP only 19 Billion Naira= Now that's chicken change for a party that has controlled a the economy of a country with some of the world's finest oil wells.
On a serious note, where is Buhari going to get the money required to campaign across the nation in just 5 weeks.The man needs to advertise, billboards, posters, etc they all cost money !!

[b]5)Jonathan is relaxed
[/b]Jonathan is so relaxed. When a man is so relaxed, you can tell that he has very little to worry about. The Buhari ticket would have worried the Jonathan camp if they had teamed up with ACN. But as it is always with the opposition their selfish interests carried the day.
Before the PDP presidential Primaries, Jonathan was very uneasy until Babangida was out of the race. When Atiku was left in the race, Jonathan became relaxed because victory was now certain. Atiku was an easy case. Exactly the same is playing out with Buhari. Jonathan's relaxed mien suggests that Buhari's CPC is nothing but a paper tiger!!

[b]6)25% in 24 states
[/b]Buhari cannot win up to 25% in any of the South South or South East states. That takes 11 states out of the running, leaving him with 25 states to score at least 25% of the votes. Is that a possiblity? I doubt especially given the fact that in the south west, the votes will be split in three between Jonathan, Ribadu and Buhari. Also states like Plateau and Benue would hardly give Buhari 25%. It will be so hard for Buhari to score that 25% in 24 states. That automatically nullifies any numerical victory he wishes he might obtain.

[b]7)Time and Chance
[/b]One of the most fundamental principles in life is the Time and Chance principle. Somehow it just appears like this is Goodluck Jonathan's time. Despites many miscalculations on his part, his popularity just doesn't seem to want to go downhill. Whether we like him or not, it looks like he is here to stay at least till 2015.
Same way Obama came and upset the dreams of so many like McCain and Hilary Clinton, so also Jonathan has truncated the life long ambitions of the likes of Babangida, Atiku, Gusau and come April it looks like Buhari will be added to the list of those who have fallen under Jonathan's dream killing sword!!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by koruji(m): 4:57am On Feb 26, 2011
@PapaBrowne
Our thieving elites have colluded as usual. The election is already over, and it is for GEJ.

All we asked them to do is give the man the PDP ticket if the alternatives were IBB and Atiku. The other political parties were not supposed to lay down and let him walk over them. That unfortunately is what they are doing.

GEJ is going to get the presidency in the name of "unity". Tinubu basically implied the other day that without the CPC/ACN alliance GEJ would "not" lose the election.

As such, GEJ is throwing caution to the wind and showing his true colors while making high falutin promises - people are dying everyday in Jos, but the man is promising to eradicate tribalism from Nigeria. It seems that his "humility" at the end of the day is mere pretention.

Same ol same ol.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by bashr4: 5:38am On Feb 26, 2011
lets watch and see
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by revomind(m): 7:39am On Feb 26, 2011
I have given up already. I know Goodluck will win. I have interacted with quite a number of people who have made up their minds to vote for Goodluck, some of them quite well-educated and believe me, their reasons are so depressing. A colleague said he'd rather have a clueless and non-performing Goodluck than a Northerner. Another, when asked why he felt so convinced by Goodluck despite the fact that he' s proving to be more of the same by dining with the likes of Daniel, Akala, Obasanjo etc, simplistically responded by saying its only after he wins the election and starts his term proper that we'll see his true colours. That he is just using these men.

I have a conscience and when shyte hits the fan in the coming years, I want to have that little satisfaction that I chose to use my head while voting in the 2011 elections.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by egift(m): 8:10am On Feb 26, 2011
Valid points. But their popularity is growing. And BB ticket is what Nigeria needs. No giving up grin
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 26, 2011
never say die

the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for Good men to do nothing

go and rain on someone else's parade
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by apoti(m): 8:38am On Feb 26, 2011
If BB losses and GEJ wins and the evil continues in Nigeria,
our conscience would be satisfied because we know we tried undecided
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by saha(f): 8:49am On Feb 26, 2011
Very apt
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Wadeoye(m): 8:54am On Feb 26, 2011
I disagree but not because I am sure Buhari will win anyway.

Regarding campaign, not everybody has the kind money GEJ has access to, so you don't expect to see Buhari's campaign starting so early - they have to manage the little resources they have. Already Buhari has many supporters across the country and you will see this when his campaign starts. The campaign will wake many other people up and by the time the campaign jingle takes over everywhere within the last weeks to the election, I am waiting to see how GEJ will win.

Obasanjo was more popular in 2003 than GEJ and despite that, he still had to rig to win. So when you say GEJ is popular, I dont know where - is this because SS and SE people will vote for him that makes him popular? This is a man that was stoned in Nasarawa, abandoned in Kaduna and protested against in Benue despite the fact that Senete president comes from there.

In south west, you will witness aliance of people towards the same go. Even the ACN is changing its argument now prefering to blame GEJ for the failure of alliance rather than blaming Buhari as they were doing earlier. They have to do this because they know the people of South West will not accept just anything thrown at them.

When campaign starts fully, you will see. The only person everybody is waiting for now is Buhari and immediately everybody in Nigeria will know that something is happening. As for me and my family, our votes goes to BB and I am waiting to see who will rig it.

As
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by kokoA(m): 9:09am On Feb 26, 2011
The B.B ticket still remains my choice inspite of the poster's calculations.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by nastydamus(m): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2011
BB all the way. I can't afford to have a wasted vote on GEJ weighing down my conscience!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by gregg2: 10:27am On Feb 26, 2011
Nice analysis Papabrown.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by fodiyo(m): 11:09am On Feb 26, 2011
one of the best analysis on NL i've ever read. well researched
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Abagworo(m): 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2011
@poster.I love your sincerity and precision.Jonathan has more chances of winning based on two major reasons

1)Time and campaign
Buhari has paid little time to aggressive rural campaign which should have been his hope.Buhari would have won if the internet and informed class were the determinants.We however constitute mere 5% of the population.

2)Money money money

Alliance with CAN would have helped Buhari but it failed and hence they can't even come close to the fund available to PDP.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2011
koruji:

@PapaBrowne
Our thieving elites have colluded as usual. The election is already over, and it is for GEJ.

All we asked them to do is give the man the PDP ticket if the alternatives were IBB and Atiku. The other political parties were not supposed to lay down and let him walk over them. That unfortunately is what they are doing.

GEJ is going to get the presidency in the name of "unity". Tinubu basically implied the other day that without the CPC/ACN alliance GEJ would "not" lose the election.

As such, GEJ is throwing caution to the wind and showing his true colors while making high falutin promises - people are dying everyday in Jos, but the man is promising to eradicate tribalism from Nigeria. It seems that his "humility" at the end of the day is mere pretention.

Same ol same ol.

He only made analysis based from his perpective and you are calling him names? I am optimistic that GEJ will win. I prefer his humility and calmness to arrogant Buhari who led his gang of criminal minded soldiers like Abacha and IBB and truncate our second republic. He claimed Shagari was corrupt, but later discharged and acquited same.

Let the truth be told, the PDP as led by GEJ is not the same as that led by OBJ and Atiku. If there is any election rigging, I will blame Jega and not GEJ. Reason, I have seen in GEJ a commitment for a free and fear election. The concluded voters registration is a pointer.

For the first time in along time, we have president who is not a tyrant, unlike Buhari, IBB, Abacha, and OBJ. I know we need a change, and that change has already taken place.

I cant understand why many are not seeing the light.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by koruji(m): 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2011
@noblezone Was not referring to papabrowne. Actually agreeing with him and giving what I see as another reason.

noblezone:

He only made analysis based from his perpective and you are calling him names? I am optimistic that GEJ will win. I prefer his humility and calmness to arrogant Buhari who led his gang of criminal minded soldiers like Abacha and IBB and truncate our second republic. He claimed Shagari was corrupt, but later discharged and acquited same.

Let the truth be told, the PDP as led by GEJ is not the same as that led by OBJ and Atiku. If there is any election rigging, I will blame Jega and not GEJ. Reason, I have seen in GEJ a commitment for a free and fear election. The concluded voters registration is a pointer.

For the first time in along time, we have president who is not a tyrant, unlike Buhari, IBB, Abacha, and OBJ. I know we need a change, and that change has already taken place.

I cant understand why many are not seeing the light.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by IbroYaya: 2:59pm On Feb 26, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Let me start by acknowledging the fact that the Bakare pick by Buhari, has improved Buhari's fortunes desperately. In many online polls I've come across of recent, Buhari/ Bakare's popularity has skyrocted sometimes surpassing that of Jonathan. What I observed however, is that the biggest loser is Ribadu. All his fans seemed to drift enmass to the Buhari/Bakare ticket. Jonathan's popularity remains good, just a little less than the early days.
Given the fact that Buhari controls the North West with 19 Million Voters and has a pretty Good Showing in the South West, you would think Victory should be certain for CPC.
However, I'm 1000% sure that after a free and fair election come May 29th Buhari would not be anywhere near Aso rock for the simple reasons stated below

We have just 5 weeks to the elections and I can't see any sign of Buhari campaigning anywhere in Nigeria . He hasn't visited any states in the south or middle belt. No rallies whatsoever. Does he think everybody reads newspapers or have internet connection?? Ruralites which constitute the real voters in Nigeria have never heard about CPC. How are they going to give him votes. How is the farmer in Isale Egan, Arochukwu or Gbaramatu going to vote a Buhari he has has never heard about? Jonathan on the other hand is travelling everywhere despite the fact that he has the required visibility already.

CPC has no structures in many states across the country. In fact, they didn't even field Governorship candidates in many states. Elections are won by politicians and not on the pages of newspapers. People actually think PDP wins because they rig. Thats far from the truth. PDP winS elections because they built structures across the country. Every Okada Association, Taxi drivers Asscoc, Market women group, and every other group that controls large swaths of REAL voters are all on the payroll of the PDP. The CPC structures start and finish in the North West and some states in the North East. Structures in the South West are shared between PDP and ACN. Without these structures, there is no way CPC is winning even 10% of the votes in the South West.

3)Jonathan's Popularity
[/b]It is not very often you see a popular incumbent. Jonathan is very popular, not because of his performance but because of the nature of his ascension. Nigeria is a very religious country and many people have come to believe that Jonathan has been propped up by God to bring change to the country. There is the impression amongst so many I've spoken with, that God will use Jonathan to change Nigeria.
Buhari knows this so well, so he calculatedly brings in a Pastor as running mate to tilt the balance. Was it a good strategy,I think very much so! Will it improve his fortunes, sadly I don't think so as Bakare is known to have discredited all the crowd pulling ministers including Adeboye whose he seems to be courting desperately these days.

[b]4)Cash, Money and Finance
Seriously, in any election, Cask is King. Whether that Election is in America or Zimbabwe, Nigeria or New Zealand!! Obama raised $600million dollars to execute his election. Without that war-chest, he would have lost to McCain. Fact is, He bought that election legitimately!!
Nigeria is not an exception! Money rules! Donald Duke estimated that it would cost close to 20 Billion naira to execute a honest presidential election. And that's just for campaigning minus settlements. My opinion, 50 Billion wouldn' t even do. If Buhari can raise that money in 5 weeks, then trust me he stole it!!

The PDP can buy up all those almajiris in the North West with N1000 each and they would line up enmasse for Jonathan. 19 Million almajiris will cost the PDP only 19 Billion Naira= Now that's chicken change for a party that has controlled a the economy of a country with some of the world's finest oil wells.
On a serious note, where is Buhari going to get the money required to campaign across the nation in just 5 weeks.The man needs to advertise, billboards, posters, etc they all cost money !!

[b]5)Jonathan is relaxed
[/b]Jonathan is so relaxed. When a man is so relaxed, you can tell that he has very little to worry about. The Buhari ticket would have worried the Jonathan camp if they had teamed up with ACN. But as it is always with the opposition their selfish interests carried the day.
Before the PDP presidential Primaries, Jonathan was very uneasy until Babangida was out of the race. When Atiku was left in the race, Jonathan became relaxed because victory was now certain. Atiku was an easy case. Exactly the same is playing out with Buhari. Jonathan's relaxed mien suggests that Buhari's CPC is nothing but a paper tiger!!

[b]6)25% in 24 states
[/b]Buhari cannot win up to 25% in any of the South South or South East states. That takes 11 states out of the running, leaving him with 25 states to score at least 25% of the votes. Is that a possiblity? I doubt especially given the fact that in the south west, the votes will be split in three between Jonathan, Ribadu and Buhari. Also states like Plateau and Benue would hardly give Buhari 25%. It will be so hard for Buhari to score that 25% in 24 states. That automatically nullifies any numerical victory he wishes he might obtain.

[b]7)Time and Chance
[/b]One of the most fundamental principles in life is the Time and Chance principle. Somehow it just appears like this is Goodluck Jonathan's time. Despites many miscalculations on his part, his popularity just doesn't seem to want to go downhill. Whether we like him or not, it looks like he is here to stay at least till 2015.
Same way Obama came and upset the dreams of so many like McCain and Hilary Clinton, so also Jonathan has truncated the life long ambitions of the likes of Babangida, Atiku, Gusau and come April it looks like Buhari will be added to the list of those who have fallen under Jonathan's dream killing sword!!

Papabrowne thank you very much for a perfect analysis of the situation. You said all needed to be said

At times I wonder how people think. Theythink elections are won on Nairaland? They forget to reason that apart from some few states, people hardly get access to current news on even national dailies. They rely on local papers and network news to get their information. The bulk of the electorate are in the rural areas that have no access to internet.
For you to reachout to these people , you have to have a good campaign structure. PDP has an excellent campaign base all around the country.

I heard that Buhari said he wont collect more than 1million naira donation from an individual.  He is a big Joker.

Money is needed for campaign. The cost of Logistics alone runs into Billions.

Am not surprise he hasn't started going round states yet, maybe because there in no money.
He plans to visit only some few states he feels he has strong hold there.

Then how does he intend to win the elections?
Am still waiting to see how.

Maybe 2015,2019, 2023,,   as beaf said.

Till then, no room for him now
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Pk001(m): 3:07pm On Feb 26, 2011
fodiyo:

one of the best analysis on NL i've ever read. well researched

Infact the best so far on the current situation

Thank you Papabrowne
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Mobinga: 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2011
Spot On. Don't mind the other clowns that do absolutely pointless anylasis
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Richtalk: 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2011
kokoA:

The B.B ticket still remains my choice inspite of the poster's calculations.

^^Guy, it is not just the poster's calculation. It is the real calculation

I challenge all BB supporters if they have better analysis they should bring it up.

This is the simple truth. Thank you poster
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Pharoh: 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2011
Very good analysis but nothing is constant in life except change.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by cold(m): 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2011
The op sure laid it on thick
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by DeeJay20: 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Point 1, 2, 3,4,5,6, 7 CORRECT CORRECT CORRECT CORRECT CORRECT, CORRECT, CORRECT

Cant see Them winning, i guess GEJ has this one, the money was  the real weapon,
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by deols(f): 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2011
There's a big line between what's right nd what reality is- The analysis is good nd should be a wake up call to d BB side

As an optimistic fellow though, i'd still cast my vote for BB nd be left wv a clear conscience for avn done what i could for my dear Country
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Richtalk: 4:06pm On Feb 26, 2011
DeeJay20:

Point 1, 2, 3,4,5,6, 7 CORRECT CORRECT CORRECT CORRECT CORRECT, CORRECT, CORRECT

Cant see Them winning, i guess GEJ has this one, t[b]he money was  the real weapon, [/b]

And Buhari is saying he doesn't need more than 1million naira donation from an Individual.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by ogunniyi2: 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2011
papabrowne! please you are on your own. just do what you think is right but you can not convince others to do what is wrong!!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by IbroYaya: 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2011
ogunniyi2:

papabrowne! please you are on your own. just do what you think is right but you can not convince others to do what is wrong!!

How?
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by legba1(m): 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2011
yea,papabrown was on point.lack of money(bulky one for that matter) and lil campain activities may end up being BB undoing,but i aswel as other change minded naijarians demand a change from the old orders.i will cast my vote for BB and implore all to do same.looking at men around GEJ,he's definitely goimg to tow the parts of OBJ and his cronies.GEJ is wining and dining with them,they the likes of dangote,otedola et al are even on his campaign commitee.they are funding his campaign.How else will he pay them back if not the same old way.people,lets push for a change and keep these looters out of Aso Rock.its the best effort we can put in.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by henry101(m): 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2011
PapaBrowne:

3)Jonathan's Popularity
[/b]It is not very often you see a popular incumbent. Jonathan is very popular, not because of his performance but because of the nature of his ascension. Nigeria is a very religious country and many people have come to believe that Jonathan has been propped up by God to bring change to the country. There is the impression amongst so many I've spoken with, that God will use Jonathan to change Nigeria.

[b]4)Cash, Money and Finance
Seriously, in any election, Cask is King. Whether that Election is in America or Zimbabwe, Nigeria or New Zealand!! Obama raised $600million dollars to execute his election. Without that war-chest, he would have lost to McCain. Fact is, He bought that election legitimately!!

The PDP can buy up all those almajiris in the North West with N1000 each and they would line up enmasse for Jonathan. 19 Million almajiris will cost the PDP only 19 Billion Naira= Now that's chicken change for a party that has controlled a the economy of a country with some of the world's finest oil wells.

[b]5)Jonathan is relaxed

[b]6)25% in 24 states

[b]7)Time and Chance

Everything stated here is in good order. Thumbs up.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Jarus(m): 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2011
Despite being a die-hard Buharist, I agree with your analysis. I like the fact that despite being a GEJ supporter you admit Buhari is gaining popularity, while you also admit GEJ is losing votes. The most ingenious part was your observation that many people are switching camps from Ribadu to Buhari.The only area I disagree is where you said after being given 1000 the almajiris will vote for GEJ. No, they will collect GEJ's money and vote for Buhari.
In summary I agree with you that if elections are conducted today, GEJ stands a very high chance based on the points you highlighted, but I believe the situation can still be remedied. Hurricane Buhari is spreading at alarming rate. We are hopeful.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by tolu001: 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2011
Under normal circumstances of a free and fair election, BB ticket will definitely secure a landslide victory over the Jonathan/Sambo going by the present political calculations and number of registered voters from each state.

If votes would be allowed to count, then you can surely throw the so-called power of incumbency into the dustbin, cos GEJ will loose gallantly.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by henry101(m): 4:45pm On Feb 26, 2011
tolu001:

Under normal circumstances of a free and fair election, BB ticket will definitely secure a landslide victory over the Jonathan/Samba going by the present political calculations and number of registered voters from each state.

If votes would be allowed to count, then you can surely throw the so-called power of incumbency into the dustbin, cos GE will loose gallantly.

This can be disputed. Their growing popularity doesn't instantly means they will be voted for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case / Presidential Election: Straw Poll Favours Atiku-Okowa Ticket / Labour Party, SWAGA Back Council Of State Decision On Naira Redesign Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.