Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:28 PM

10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful (27411 Views)

Dickdastardly's 14 Commandments For Successful Hunters! (photo) / 10 Commandments For A Youth(lady) To Be Successful / Definition Of A Youth/who Is A Youth In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by zumarock8(m): 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
copied
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Rooneyboy(m): 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ur points 5 and 6 are so on point.

I do strongly subscribe to both of them .
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by madridsta007(m): 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
Lagos_Boi:

you've not met a good lady that will support you in all ways. There are women that will advise you and put your attention to what you can't even imagine it will make you prosper, not talking about those empty type of girls but you are right to a certain extent because the time you spend looking for her can be spent on making you grow.

You can not effectively serve two masters at the same time, with excellent results at both of them. You either fail at one and succeed at the other, or fail on both of them. The former is more likely, failing at being successful while cruising with the lady and pretending success.

Leave number 6, forget a woman and concentrate your energies at being successful. If in doubt, ask Bill Gate, Mark Zuckerberg or read Steve Jobs autobiography and find out when they seriously got emotionally involved with a lady. You will end up seriously distracted if, on the way to becoming successful, you become emotionally entangled with a woman. There is always the stage to invite a lady in your life, but a good woman will come to complement something that is existent, and not complementing nothing.

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
I tot this write-up is a quick fix for swelling my account balance...
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
Is this for success in Nigeria or what? undecided
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by free13: 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
good. tongue
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by kpozite(m): 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
yorke1: Funny enough lots of people saying True talk, nice one, noted, OK, Nice advice etc. would do the opposite.
You nko, If you point one finger at someone the rest are pointing at you.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by GentleNaaz(m): 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
11. Look around d world or Nigeria, u wl notice common problem people hv. Create sometn dat wl solve dat problem n wealth wl b knockn @ ur door
12. Dat no 3.....hmmm.. Seun nawa o...
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by yuzedo: 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
Haybayray: Point number 3 is thought-provoking! Most youths are fixated with pinging, tweeting inter alia... Only very few wise ones like me make money online. May God help una
You sound like a BABANLA EEEDIOT.... No offence.undecided
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by kpozite(m): 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
sisqology:
8.Stop drinking and smoking too much as it may damage ur life too much. Do it socially.
How can one smoke socially, I thought smoking is either you do or you don't?
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by holyvirgin: 6:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
Jazzgreen: 11. dnt jst sit dr hiding posts and bannin people,u'll neva make it in life. Try creating ur own site. Ur jst bannin peopl in some1's site,try to be wise . Nothin do us, afterall, NAIRALAND is owned by OLUWASEUN OSEWA cool . MyClownTUNJI dnt ban me yet
grin grin cheesy
On point
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
Abstain from having girl/boy friends until you achieve your goal.try to be a teetotaller i.e desist from drinking alcohol remember charles darwin word saying, when America monkey take brandy and become drunk i.e inebriated, it will not come closer to it again which means that its more wiser than some people.

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Davidogar(m): 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
may almighty God give u more wisdom.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by ignis: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
Highly noted.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Reference(m): 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
madridsta007:

I agree with most of these, but disagree with Number 6.

Most ladies will turn out to be a distraction. So to be safe, stay away from them till you feel you have attained that height of being successful that permits some relaxation. Then use the time of relaxation to search for a lady to complement and help you, one who believes in your dreams and vision.

Totally wrong. Women are endowed with special skills and capabilities not found in menfolk. You just have to search for them. The much vaunted saying that behind every successful man is a woman is much more than a fact.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
Good one! One more thing: 'Trust in yourself'
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by JOYCEOUS(f): 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ademola g: That number three hits me like a bullet
Sem here
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by expensive007(m): 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
kheart: I disagree wit 1-5
what's ur reason?
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by expensive007(m): 6:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
kheart: I disagree wit 1-5
what'r ur reasons?
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by 10Billion(m): 6:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
This is good.
Infact, it's more than good.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Acecube(m): 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ademola g: That number three hits me like a bullet
you ought to have had an ancestral re-union by now
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Reference(m): 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
madridsta007:

You can not effectively serve two masters at the same time, with excellent results at both of them. You either fail at one and succeed at the other, or fail on both of them. The former is more likely, failing at being successful while cruising with the lady and pretending success.

Leave number 6, forget a woman and concentrate your energies at being successful. If in doubt, ask Bill Gate, Mark Zuckerberg or read Steve Jobs autobiography and find out when they seriously got emotionally involved with a lady. You will end up seriously distracted if, on the way to becoming successful, you become emotionally entangled with a woman. There is always the stage to invite a lady in your life, but a good woman will come to complement something that is existent, and not complementing nothing.

Looking at the life of Bill Gates I think it is recently that he has become really successful and for Mark, I think its a tad too early. Perhaps the definition of success varies a bit but having settled down to family and philantrophy, relinquishing the wheel of his empire without going downhill gives a better perspective.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Dahslim(m): 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hope u neva die sha?!
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by God2man(m): 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
sisqology: 10 comandments for a youth to be successful
1. Do not depend on ur parents' wealth. Someone may come tomoro to dupe you and you will lose everything. Learn to do things on ur own.
2. God has given everyone a talent. Pray about urs, discover it, and work on it. Then it will work out for u.
3. Do not just sit down and ping, tweet, facebook while others are making money with their talents. Be wise for once, the owner of these things are using us to make money.
4. Its good to appreciate good things, but learn to appreciate it wisely and stop arguing unneccessarily about football and players. When will people argue about you also? Think!
5. Don't feel like a don for sleeping with too many ladies, they won't make ur destiny fufiled as some are filled with badluck.
6. Learn to get a lady close to you to be successful as they say: without a woman,a man cannot be successful.
7. Learn to solve problem on ur own, its a good way of making it in life. Don't copy others, tap little from them and modify it.
8.Stop drinking and smoking too much as it may damage ur life too much. Do it socially.
9. Learn to have a good heart, help people around you if you have the power as they'll use their heart to bless you.
10. Think about impossible things, try to make it possible. Bigger people started from somewhere.
Thank you.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by ucheheart(m): 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
Well we'll get there someday!

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Sweetapple007(f): 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
Love God,he is the only key to be succesfus, ad live righeousely.

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
sulaimon99: 11. Believe in ALLAH in evritin you do
allah my foot,allah and prof muhd saw aka satan at work are gay bandit,any bdy dat depend on those element wil never make it in life because muhd and allah are failures,destroyers,armed terrorist,theives and diabolical illmannered idiot

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by ABsI1: 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
Fork off
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by ABsI1: 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
Otenestbestyaho: allah my foot,allah and prof muhd saw aka satan at work are gay bandit,any bdy dat depend on those element wil never make it in life because muhd and allah are failures,destroyers,armed terrorist,theives and diabolical illmannered idiot
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by sisqology(m): 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2013
Reference:

Totally wrong. Women are endowed with special skills and capabilities not found in menfolk. You just have to search for them. The much vaunted saying that behind every successful man is a woman is much more than a fact.

Hahahaha, not all of them. Get a good one with the brain.
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by ABsI1: 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
Otenestbestyaho: allah my foot,allah and prof muhd saw aka satan at work are gay bandit,any bdy dat depend on those element wil never make it in life because muhd and allah are failures,destroyers,armed terrorist,theives and diabolical illmannered idiot
thou i'm a bible believing person,i decree thunder upon u whoeva u are.may ur curses be upon ur head for writing about Allah and His Prophet in such manner
Re: 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful by Nonsoco80(m): 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
Noted.. Number 4 really take something out of me cos i argue a lot about football and players.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Disgraceful Habits Displayed By Nigerian Policemen In Public Places / How To Get Mtn Customer Care Direct With This Short Code / Identical Twins : Can You Tell Them Apart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.