Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? (1749 Views)

Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by okomogo(m): 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
I have noticed that most Nigerian especially when they go reside off the shores of Nigeria tend to make it by all means and end up doing all sort of criminal stuff. From the travel agent in Nigeria whose yes means no to the numerous Nigerians in the streets of Deira in Dubai,UAE. Imagine guys collecting as much as $1700 for two months VISA and the worst is that some of them might not even do it at all. Normal visa price from agents should be around 1k or less including the extension fee but this guys will never pay for your extension even when they have collected that huge amount from you. Some will still collect about $300 from you for accommodation and $200 for linking you to were you can submit CV not automatic job. WHY ? Kenyans, Ugandans and some small countries of Africa are every were in most companies here occupying good position because they help each other and are very patient but w Nigerians want to be rich under 3 months and go back to show off in Niaja. Its very bad and we all re suffering it,it is the same problem we have at home.I was a victim of this same people but today i,m doing better than the guy that collected $500 from me on arrival only to put me in a room of about 9 naija guys and i later got to know that he only paid $50 for my accommodation to them,he showed me a place to submit my CV and he collected $300.THIS IS BAD.This is just my own personal experience and i know so any people are going through same thing every day i different part of the world. MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by holysmoke(m): 7:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
The same reason that makes politicians want to make enough money for generations unborn. That makes policemen seer their conscience with a hot iron just to get by. There are still sincere Nigerians though. And they are not as few as many would have us believe.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by okomogo(m): 8:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
holysmoke: The same reason that makes politicians want to make enough money for generations unborn. That makes policemen seer their conscience with a hot iron just to get by. There are still sincere Nigerians though. And they are not as few as many would have us believe.
I believe you guy but the thiefs seems to be more in number
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 18, 2013
okomogo: I have noticed that most Nigerian especially when they go reside off the shores of Nigeria tend to make it by all means and end up doing all sort of criminal stuff. From the travel agent in Nigeria whose yes means no to the numerous Nigerians in the streets of Deira in Dubai,UAE. Imagine guys collecting as much as $1700 for two months VISA and the worst is that some of them might not even do it at all. Normal visa price from agents should be around 1k or less including the extension fee but this guys will never pay for your extension even when they have collected that huge amount from you. Some will still collect about $300 from you for accommodation and $200 for linking you to were you can submit CV not automatic job. WHY ? Kenyans, Ugandans and some small countries of Africa are every were in most companies here occupying good position because they help each other and are very patient but w Nigerians want to be rich under 3 months and go back to show off in Niaja. Its very bad and we all re suffering it,it is the same problem we have at home.I was a victim of this same people but today i,m doing better than the guy that collected $500 from me on arrival only to put me in a room of about 9 naija guys and i later got to know that he only paid $50 for my accommodation to them,he showed me a place to submit my CV and he collected $300.THIS IS BAD.This is just my own personal experience and i know so any people are going through same thing every day i different part of the world. MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING.
what is the job situatioln like in dubai? hw much does 1 or 2months visa cost plus ticket? hw much did your trip cost you?. l hv a brother who just finish his school in canada, but is back home now and wants to come and work in dubai, he has 5diploma,s in management, psychology,drug&alcohol counseling, security&police sciences and legal studies. hw much do u think he will be paid and hope they recognise foreign certificates. pls reply. thanks
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 18, 2013
okomogo: I have noticed that most Nigerian especially when they go reside off the shores of Nigeria tend to make it by all means and end up doing all sort of criminal stuff. From the travel agent in Nigeria whose yes means no to the numerous Nigerians in the streets of Deira in Dubai,UAE. Imagine guys collecting as much as $1700 for two months VISA and the worst is that some of them might not even do it at all. Normal visa price from agents should be around 1k or less including the extension fee but this guys will never pay for your extension even when they have collected that huge amount from you. Some will still collect about $300 from you for accommodation and $200 for linking you to were you can submit CV not automatic job. WHY ? Kenyans, Ugandans and some small countries of Africa are every were in most companies here occupying good position because they help each other and are very patient but w Nigerians want to be rich under 3 months and go back to show off in Niaja. Its very bad and we all re suffering it,it is the same problem we have at home.I was a victim of this same people but today i,m doing better than the guy that collected $500 from me on arrival only to put me in a room of about 9 naija guys and i later got to know that he only paid $50 for my accommodation to them,he showed me a place to submit my CV and he collected $300.THIS IS BAD.This is just my own personal experience and i know so any people are going through same thing every day i different part of the world. MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING.

this is what you get when you depend on an agent to get a visa or do RUNS on your behalf, as a Nigerian, you should have learn to be independent and doing things by yourself, because you can never disappoint yourself

good you learnt your lessons
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by okomogo(m): 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
ogakpatakpata: what is the job situatioln like in dubai? hw much does 1 or 2months visa cost plus ticket? hw much did your trip cost you?. l hv a brother who just finish his school in canada, but is back home now and wants to come and work in dubai, he has 5diploma,s in management, psychology,drug&alcohol counseling, security&police sciences and legal studies. hw much do u think he will be paid and hope they recognise foreign certificates. pls reply. thanks
He has a chance of making it here but i cant really say how much he will be paid coz it depends. Your trip to this place will cost around 400-450K depending on your spendin, and be ready to adapt.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by okomogo(m): 8:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
dahonestboss:

this is what you get when you depend on an agent to get a visa or do RUNS on your behalf, as a Nigerian, you should have learn to be independent and doing things by yourself, because you can never disappoint yourself

good you learnt your lessons
You can never get Dubai visa yourself except you have someone living in Dubai that can help you with it,i was in UK in 2011 and i did every thing on my own.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by justwise(m): 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
okomogo:
You can never get Dubai visa yourself except you have someone living in Dubai that can help you with it,i was in UK in 2011 and i did every thing on my own.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
okomogo:
He has a chance of making it here but i cant really say how much he will be paid coz it depends. Your trip to this place will cost around 400-450K depending on your spendin, and be ready to adapt.
Thanks a million, but do they recognise foreign certificates, because my brother is well read, and like l say, he has 5diplomas with honours from canada
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by samally: 9:10am On Jan 21, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Thanks a million, but do they recognise foreign certificates, because my brother is well read, and like l say, he has 5diplomas with honours from canada

I must be honest with you. Visa cost for 1 Month is $500 but those bastard we only exsault you and leave you stranded right from Airport.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by justwise(m): 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
@ogakpatakpata

For the seek of transparency lets keep the advice/help open here. private chat will not help the idea of a forum like this.

I don't see anything that can not be discussed openly here, i thought that was the whole idea of starting the thread?
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
justwise: @ogakpatakpata

For the seek of transparency lets keep the advice/help open here. private chat will not help the idea of a forum like this.

I don't see anything that can not be discussed openly here, i thought that was the whole idea of starting the thread?
Ok. thanks. l only wanted to exchange email address with him and nothing more, that was why l requested for a chat with him
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by justwise(m): 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Ok. thanks. l only wanted to exchange email address with him and nothing more, that was why l requested for a chat with him

We always encourage people to discuses/share info openly here so that others will benefit, forum shouldn't be used as email or phone number depot.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
samally:

I must be honest with you. Visa cost for 1 Month is $500 but those bastard we only exsault you and leave you stranded right from Airport.
Thanks, what is the average cost of living in dubai? hope it is not too expensive
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
justwise:

We always encourage people to discuses/share info openly here so that others will benefit, forum shouldn't be used as email or phone number depot.
Accepted and thanks for the wonderful work you are doing here, more grease to you elbows
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by okomogo(m): 7:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
cost of living is high but most companies will provide you with accommodation and transport, some will even feed you and do you laundry
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2013
okomogo: cost of living is high but most companies will provide you with accommodation and transport, some will even feed you and do you laundry
Ok. Thanks for the info
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by omega25red(m): 1:00am On Jan 22, 2013
ogakpatakpata: what is the job situatioln like in dubai? hw much does 1 or 2months visa cost plus ticket? hw much did your trip cost you?. l hv a brother who just finish his school in canada, but is back home now and wants to come and work in dubai, he has 5 diplomas in management, psychology,drug&alcohol counseling, security&police sciences and legal studies. hw much do u think he will be paid and hope they recognise foreign certificates. pls reply. thanks
not saying you are lying but how long was your brother in Canada? and how did he have enough time to get all these diplomas? did he get bachelors or trade school diplomas? also how did he pay for it all?
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad Not Sincere? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 22, 2013
omega25red: not saying you are lying but how long was your brother in Canada? and how did he have enough time to get all these diplomas? did he get bachelors or trade school diplomas? also how did he pay for it all?
He stayed close to 10yrs, got some support from his office and also loan form the bank with interest

(1) (Reply)

Port Harcourt International Airport Tops The World's Worst Airport / Travelling To Ghana (suhum New Lorry Station) Help / How To Apply For University Abroad & Student Visa Without Agents And Advance Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.