Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

How To Apply For University Abroad & Student Visa Without Agents And Advance Fee - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Apply For University Abroad & Student Visa Without Agents And Advance Fee (1748 Views)

Can Somesone Secure Canadian Visa Without Going To The Embassy / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Apply For University Abroad & Student Visa Without Agents And Advance Fee by nigerianpride: 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
According to The guardian UK, almost three quarters of the 340,000 overseas students studying at UK universities in 2007-08 were non-EU nationals. The British Council estimates international students are worth more than £8.5bn to the UK economy but still students are apparently treated with great suspicion by most embassy authorities, when 99.9% are absolutely legitimate.

In one case an application was rejected because a copy of a degree certificate from 20 years ago had been submitted, rather than the original.Rather than focusing on fraudulent applications, officials are making decisions based on photo backgrounds and addresses written in the wrong order.

There is no dispute of the fact that this has given rise to the use of third party agents such as university and visa agents to apply for study abroad admissions, a practice that is on the rise and has increasingly led to several students been ripped off my unreliable agents. The use of agents is by no way wrong but finding a reliable agent could be as hard as passing a visa interview without preparation.

Therefore in this article I have put together a quick guide to how international students can take their education future in their hand and decided where, how, and why you need to study abroad and how you need to do it yourself without hassle:

1.) University Website

A university website is the official web page of a university where you will like to study abroad. Many universities are now embracing the use of technology, therefore most foreign and local universities have online application portal where you can start and complete your application yourself. This is recommendable option when you know the exact university you want to apply to, if you are an international student looking for a faster way where you can compare courses, tuition of lots on university in one platform then, you might want to try the other 2 option on this list

2.) Mobile App:
You can try to search study abroad mobile apps that has all directories of univerities and apply directly through the mobile apps , search on google play or Apple Apps store

Why Apply yourself?

It saves you cost, time and energy and increases your chances of getting a student visa stamp on your passport, because 99% of the time the embassy and consular are looking out for intelligent students who exhibit some kind of intelligence that shows that they are not economic migrants but for legitimate study purposes, if you as an international prospective student cannot apply for admission yourself with a website or mobile app, how can you pass a visa interview test that requires answers to questions such as

1.) Where did you hear about the university?
2.) how did you apply to the university?
3.) Do you have anybody in your destination country?
4.) Tell us about the city where you want to study?

So dust off that certificate before those aggressive looking rats get to eat them up before you apply and take your education to the next level.

Parts of this article was curled from:
http://help.studyinbudapest.com
http://www.studyineuropeapp.com

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For University Abroad & Student Visa Without Agents And Advance Fee by geovanni24(m): 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2016
Op God bless you for the wonderful enlightenment and visa application truth...please I will like you to shed more light as I find This topic very interesting so as to enable understand and plan to apply for MA to America hopefully next year...

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For University Abroad & Student Visa Without Agents And Advance Fee by nigerianpride: 9:49am On Oct 29, 2016
Glad you loved the article, over the time, embassy and consulars have increasingly understood how to distinguish between students who are economic migrant and those whose real purpose is to study abroad, and its very easy

1. ) If you are a student going to study in America keep in mind that the US embassy makes over 50% of their decision based on your interview conduct, therefore the expect you to know atleast a few things about the city where you are traveling to and most agents don't know or set student up for this

2.) It is important to the embassies where you heard about your university, and the reason is simple, because, if you apply through agents, they know the system and that shows that you are not motivated as a student to learn more about the city or apply yourself, the agent in question will also be considered as a reason in your visa application, the embassies also like to know which promotional mediums of their government is working, in other to promote their tourism or bilateral agreement through that medium

3.) To answer questions such as if you have anybody in the destination city, is tricky when you use agents or do not have knowledge of answering such questions, this is because , if you mention family or friend ties, the embassy will check the legal status of that person in the country you are travelling to , and if that friend of yours doesn't have a legal status or has an immigration problem, which you likely might not know, they embassy can use that as a case study for your application

4.) Learn about the city, use a google translator to atleast, learn a few languages , like hello , how are you , in that countries language

I hope this share a few more lights, but try the Studyinbudapest Mobile App mentioned in number 2 of the post, it automatically fixes all these

https://youtu.be/ZOYjqlFu-c4

geovanni24:
Op God bless you for the wonderful enlightenment and visa application truth...please I will like you to shed more light as I find This topic very interesting so as to enable understand and plan to apply for MA to America hopefully next year...
Re: How To Apply For University Abroad & Student Visa Without Agents And Advance Fee by justwise(m): 9:58am On Oct 29, 2016
@nigerianpride

I'm sorry that i have to edit your first post because you spent 50% of it promoting mobile app.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For University Abroad & Student Visa Without Agents And Advance Fee by nigerianpride: 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2016
Thanks for the correction and help

justwise:
@nigerianpride

I'm that i have to edit your first post because you spent 50% of it promoting mobile app.

(1) (Reply)

Direction To Kofo Abayomi Street Vi / A White Man Express Joy On Getting A Nigerian Visa, But Received A Savage Reply / If You Are From Niger, Are You A Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.