Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,243 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. (11828 Views)

Mtn Launches Mtn Beta Talk Plan Get 200% Per Recharge / MTN Launches N10 Recharge Cards Today / MTN Launches 5MB For N5 Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by techsuplex: 6:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
MTN Nigeria has just launched a new service “Call Sponsor” for its prepaid subscribers in which the a customer can initiate a “call collect” call and if the receiver agrees to, he can pick the tab of the call. The Call sponsor service will be available to all MTN prepaid tariff plans except MTN Zone.

Here’s how the service works:

First, initiate a Call Sponsor call to your sponsor by dialing *121*your sponsor’s number#. Example: *121*08030000000#

You will get the following response:

“Call in progress. Please wait while your call is being connected.”

The network will verify if the intending sponsor satisfies all the conditions necessary (e.g tariff, balance, etc) after which you will hear the following response:

“Welcome to MTN Call Sponsor service. Press 1 to accept, 2 to reject, 3 to accept and add to white list, 4 to reject and add to black list.

Your sponsor will be required to either press;

1 to accept the call
2 to reject the call
3 to accept the call and add your number to the white list
4 to reject the call and add your number to the black list

If your sponsor presses 1, the call will be connected and your sponsor will be charged for the call according to her/his MTN2MTN tariff plan rate.

If your sponsor presses 2, the call will be rejected and you will receive the notification message:

“Sorry, the call cannot be connected at the moment. Please try again later. Thank you!”

If your sponsor presses 3, the call will be connected and your number will be added to your sponsor’s white list at the end of the call.

If your sponsor presses 4, the call will be rejected and your number added to your sponsor’s black list..

Source:http://www.techsuplex.com/?p=5022

1 Like

Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by braine(m): 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
I just don't like this development for some reasons.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Francheezy(m): 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
ptfff....mtn
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by fatdon1(m): 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
angryI know Say My gf go dey happy. angry i pray make she no see this advert.

10 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by abrahym(m): 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2013
lmao
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
Boyfriends are in trouble

1 Like

Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by crusufixo(m): 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
Please anyone in house, correct me if i am wrong, but this kind of service already exists.

1 Like

Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by enigmagu1(m): 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
mtn want make babes d kill our airtime b dat na...cos 99% of babez fone number wey i get na mtn..and i knw many guys share same wit me...God de sha!!!
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
Thank God for the number 4, na blacklist all the time. No time for rubbish . Why I go dey pay double double.

1 Like

Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by ilogbe(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ada Nri1: Boyfriends are in trouble

We pray o"

4 is d way 4ward'
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Smartjeezy(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mtn with their useless innovation...I hate their new advert too"Welcome to new world"...New world indeed! Dem be thief walahi

1 Like

Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
ilogbe_:

We pray o"

4 is d way 4ward'
I see no way out grin
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by ignis: 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ada Nri1: Boyfriends in trouble She calls you always, but you are paying for it all
So also love smitten ladies.
Yea, you are right. Ω̴̩̩̩̥α guys go suffer am.
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by elopee3000(m): 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
What i used in italy 2003 mtn wan introduse now in naija with thier yeye network problem allways, tufiaa .boy friends husbands re in trouble
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
ignis:
Yea, you are right. Ω̴̩̩̩̥α guys go suffer am.
una sorry o. cheesy
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by sundaybam(m): 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
Girls will be grin for that. While guyz will be
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by luluosas(m): 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
elopee3000: What i used in italy 2003 mtn wan introduse now in naija with thier yeye network problem allways, tufiaa .boy friends husbands re in trouble
And other networks have using this since. Na now MTN wan wake up.
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by subzidi: 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
HAHAHA MTN is the biggest COPY_CAT ever! First they copied ETisalat Talkzone and called theirs MTN Zone, now they are copying ETISALAT Receiver pays and calls theirs call sponsor!! shocked Empty -N shame!! shame!! shame!!!!

4 Likes

Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Nwogbe: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
Its a mixed blessing.
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by An0nimus: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
techsuplex:

If your sponsor presses 2, the call will be rejected and you will receive the notification message:

“Sorry, the call cannot be connected at the moment. Please try again later. Thank you!”

If your sponsor presses 4, the call will be rejected and your number added to your sponsor’s black list..

Source:http://www.techsuplex.com/?p=5022
Thanks for this info. #noted.
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by linusnneji238(m): 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
guys are in for real trouble this time around angry
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by thaoriginator: 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2013
If them try that kain tin with me ehhhn, me and dem go wear one trouser at a time I swear... Nanzenze!
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by thaoriginator: 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ada Nri1: Boyfriends are in trouble
hey gi mi yuh emteehen number make I call you. Don't worry, I got money in the bank wink
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Chidex2442(m): 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
enigmagu1: mtn want make babes d kill our airtime b dat na...cos 99% of babez fone number wey i get na mtn..and i knw many guys share same wit me...God de sha!!!
seconded
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
Choi, naija babes don kill dem bfs ooo. MTN why na. naija babes slag will now change to baby i will call you but you will pay ooo
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by olayemi25: 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
linusnneji238: guys are in for real trouble this time around angry
no lele, na to stream line the calls to your sweetheart only
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Cwhyte(m): 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
crusufixo:

Please anyone in house, correct me if i am wrong, but this kind of service already exists.

Yes it does exist already, its called 'Receiver Pays'
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Bolt2011(m): 2:10pm On Jan 18, 2013
After sending them airtime, they will then request that you pay for the call. I trust naija babes, they will really appreciate this plan. 'Na who be the maga?' grin grin grin
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 18, 2013
Oh mtn don kill person all dese girls don get new weapon to finish our money.wel na to go buy etisalat b dat.i dont tink dis is necessary if u no get moni to cal me den dont disturb.incase of emergency der is always d cal me back sms
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by topsy1971: 2:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
good package
Re: MTN Launches Call Sponsor Service, Lets Reciever Opt To Pay For Call. by Remmyode(m): 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
Smart jeezy: Mtn with their useless innovation...I hate their new advert too"Welcome to new world"...New world indeed! Dem be thief walahi

EMPTY-N "EVERYWHERE YOU CHEAT"

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Facebook Shares Drop By 20% After Losing Traffic For First Time / Innjoo (the Tecno Killer) Has Released An Octa-core Device, The Innjoo i2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.