Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

The Modern-day Miracle Of Moses - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Modern-day Miracle Of Moses (1389 Views)

Afrocentrism: The Modern Day Coon Festival. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Nigerian Men And The '2nd Wife Or More' - Culture Or Modern Day Infildelity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Modern-day Miracle Of Moses by Iyaniwura123: 5:22am On Jan 18, 2013
What if I tell you that people can still walk on water? What if I tell you that seas can still be parted today just as Moses did to the Red Sea thousands of years ago?

Well, I can see the shock and awe on your face but you are about to learn of one of the most mysterious events on earth. Let's go to Jindo Island in the Asian nation of South Korea. (Check out the incredible photos and videos below).

Here, two times a year, there is an event called the Miracle of Moses. During this event, which can last for about 60 minutes, there is an extremely low tide in the sea that creates a channel right across the islands of Jindo itself and Modo. (Are you thinking what I am thinking?)

For almost an hour, people can walk right across the sea to the other end. After this time, the sea level normalizes again and the tide disappears! That's fabulous and fantastic! It is almost 3 kilometers long and about 40 meters in width so a large number of people can conveniently walk across it. 

People congregate in the middle and celebrate. A lot of them also collect abalone, for that spicy soup of seafood. There is now a festival for the event and is called the Jindo Moses Miracle Festival with lots of fireworks, dances and colourful Korean cultural displays.

Scientists have not been able to explain the cause of the extremely low tide in the Korean waters and it remains a really baffling wonder of nature. So, why not try and take your own walk across it by next May. Afterall, you do not have any chariots carrying the fiery soldiers of Pharaoh chasing you! LOL!

(1) (Reply)

Ten Funny Beliefs Among The Yoruba People / YORUBA ORIGIN CONTROVERSY / Re: Origin Of Delta Igbo Indisputable - Uwuechue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.