Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Nairaland And Censorship - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland And Censorship (448 Views)

Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? / Nairalands Ridiculous Censorship / Censorship: Good or Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland And Censorship by fxxkinheiress(f): 11:24am On Jan 18, 2013
Do you think that this forum is overly censored? Of what use is freedom of speech when certain words are deemed "inappropriate" and so, are blocked and changed to another and possibly its meaning? Or moderators having excessive control and banning members at will?

They say, when in Rome, do as Romans but do you think this is too much?

Let's discuss. smiley
Re: Nairaland And Censorship by Pacify: 11:53am On Jan 18, 2013
In reality, I think this forum is overly censored like u have rightly put it. Not only does changing certain words make the sentence incoherent, many ppl still find ways of by-passing such censoring thereby making the whole idea a laughing stock. You have a very large percentage of adults coming to nairaland as opposed to number of kids. I therefore ask that the MODs reconsider this censoring thing
Re: Nairaland And Censorship by fxxkinheiress(f): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2013
Simple words like na-ked are changed to naked. Why is that? That is so bizarre. You'd think we are in North Korea or China.

I suppose many others are scared to comment because they don't want to be banned?

(1) (Reply)

Religion: / One Acidtalk's Phophecy Just Failed / Mother-of-two Digs Up Unexploded WWII Bomb In Garden And Casually Flings It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.