Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Walcott 'agrees Arsenal Contract' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Walcott 'agrees Arsenal Contract' (578 Views)

Theo Walcott & Santi Cazorla Sign Arsenal Contract Extensions / Arsene Wenger Agrees To New Arsenal Contract Till 2016 / Pictures From Theo Walcott’s Beautiful Wedding With Melanie Slade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Walcott 'agrees Arsenal Contract' by kfako1: 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
Theo Walcott has agreed a new three-and-a-half-year contract in principle with Arsenal, reports claim.

Speculation raged over the England forward's future, with his existing contract set to expire in the summer.
Walcott would have been eligible to leave the Emirates Stadium on a free transfer, but has pledged his future to the club that signed him from Southampton in 2006 with his new deal worth around £100,000-a-week.
Arsene Wenger said on Thursday: "I was scared at some stage, yes, that he could leave because it is like that with the experience I have in negotiations.
"When things last too long, it is never a good sign. In that case, it took us some time to get where we want to get. It is still not finalised, but hopefully it will be done by this weekend.
"There is a possibility. My optimism is at 99 per cent now."
The 23-year-old stated that money was not the main consideration in contract negotiations - rather that he wanted the opportunity to play up front, rather than on the right wing where he has spent most of his Arsenal and England career.
Although Walcott's inconsistent performances have frustrated, Arsenal fans will be pleased to have held on to one of their leading players.
In recent years the Gunners have lost the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Robin van Persie in the transfer market.

(1) (Reply)

Keshi: ‘don’t Blame Mikel’ / My Best Valentine Gift / Nigeria League Week 1 Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.