Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,491 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Help Camry Auto Gear Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Camry Auto Gear Problem (918 Views)

2008 Camry Auto Windows / Toyota Camry (Auto) Jerks And Vibrates While I Apply Brakes / Help! Honda Accord Gear Problem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Camry Auto Gear Problem by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 19, 2013
There is this camry 1996 model I own. Lately, the auto gear started misbehaving. It will get to gear 2 when on motion and will refuse to go to 3 frm there no matter how u press the pedal. We drained the ATF which was very black in colour with not too good smell (not burnt sha), removed the filter and we saw some big crumbs of metal trapped in the filter. Mech told me the auto gear is bad so we shud buy a new one, but we fix the filter back after washing as we cud not find a new one in my area. We added new ATF, the gear started behaving well again for like two days after which it went back to d previous attitude. Shud I buy a new gear and how much would that cost me? Check engine light is on but I have refused to scan the car because I know that all these people in my area with scan machine don't know jack (I have had experience with them with my father's car) and they over charge. I leave in Ekiti, so u shud understand.
Re: Help Camry Auto Gear Problem by AYOGHANDI: 3:09pm On Jan 19, 2013
tpacalipse: There is this camry 1996 model I own. Lately, the auto gear started misbehaving. It will get to gear 2 when on motion and will refuse to go to 3 frm there no matter how u press the pedal. We drained the ATF which was very black in colour with not too good smell (not burnt sha), removed the filter and we saw some big crumbs of metal trapped in the filter. Mech told me the auto gear is bad so we shud buy a new one, but we fix the filter back after washing as we cud not find a new one in my area. We added new ATF, the gear started behaving well again for like two days after which it went back to d previous attitude. Shud I buy a new gear and how much would that cost me? Check engine light is on but I have refused to scan the car because I know that all these people in my area with scan machine don't know jack (I have had experience with them with my father's car) and they over charge. I leave in Ekiti, so u shud understand.
My brother, please take the car to NUEL & Partners Auto garage along Ondo Road, Akure contact no 08034618074. The guys there would diagnose the problem & get it fixed. Forget about all those cut & nail mechanics in Ado. I can assure you dat u will smile back after visiting Nuel & Partners Auto Garage
Re: Help Camry Auto Gear Problem by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 19, 2013
AYO GHANDI: My brother, please take the car to NUEL & Partners Auto garage along Ondo Road, Akure contact no 08034618074. The guys there would diagnose the problem & get it fixed. Forget about all those cut & nail mechanics in Ado. I can assure you dat u will smile back after visiting Nuel & Partners Auto Garage
Tanx so much. I will call them asap.

(1) (Reply)

LexĂșs 330. / Signs That You've Bought Bad Petrol / Car Sounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.