Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 (1520 Views)

Techno N7 Vs Used Samsung Galaxy S2 / My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesnt Load Up When I Switch My Phone On / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by haryourdayG(m): 8:44am On Jan 19, 2013
I rooted my phone using odin and after rooting, the Bluetooth and camera fails to work, please I need help on how was to make them work. thanks, expecting solutions
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by eagleeye007: 1:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
go to http://.com . they'll guide you on how to solve this issue. they're ICT gurus who specialize in solving such problems
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by ciphoenix: 5:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
Who's this fellow directing people from nairaland elsewhere, we've got competent hands here homie. angry

1 Like

Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
wot does it mean to root an android device?
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by ciphoenix: 11:08pm On Jan 19, 2013
Check the android thread na
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 20, 2013
I believe your S2 is running on stock Android 4.04 and you probably rooted your phone using Permanent ClockworkMod recovery. This method is incompatible with stock android 4.0.4, it causes your bluetooth to stop functioning. You'll to to flash your phone and redo the rooting using temporary ClockworkMod. The advantage you have with temporary ClockworkMod is that it does not increase your flash counter or cause yellow triangle. I could put you through on how to root your phone but I need to know if you are using the G version or non G version of s2.
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 20, 2013
ciphoenix: Check the android thread na
link
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by ciphoenix: 6:56am On Jan 20, 2013
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by nell07(m): 8:01am On Jan 20, 2013
sting_224: I believe your S2 is running on stock Android 4.04 and you probably rooted your phone using Permanent ClockworkMod recovery. This method is incompatible with stock android 4.0.4, it causes your bluetooth to stop functioning. You'll to to flash your phone and redo the rooting using temporary ClockworkMod. The advantage you have with temporary ClockworkMod is that it does not increase your flash counter or cause yellow triangle. I could put you through on how to root your phone but I need to know if you are using the G version or non G version of s2.
What do you mean by G or non G version
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 20, 2013
nell07:
What do you mean by G or non G version

There are more than one Samsung Galaxy S2 versions, most in naija are the GT-I9100 and the GT-I9100G, same physical appearance but different CPU/GPU. Flashing or rooting with a wrong version of firmware could render your phone useless.
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by odume10: 11:40am On Jan 20, 2013
sting_224: I believe your S2 is running on stock Android 4.04 and you probably rooted your phone using Permanent ClockworkMod recovery. This method is incompatible with stock android 4.0.4, it causes your bluetooth to stop functioning. You'll to to flash your phone and redo the rooting using temporary ClockworkMod. The advantage you have with temporary ClockworkMod is that it does not increase your flash counter or cause yellow triangle. I could put you through on how to root your phone but I need to know if you are using the G version or non G version of s2.

pls kindly guide me on how to root my galaxy s2 sgh-i777 currently running on android 2.3.4
Thank you. effemben@gmail.com
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by haryourdayG(m): 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
my phone brand is GT- I9100,thanks waiting for your reply
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by nell07(m): 12:45pm On Jan 20, 2013
sting_224:

There are more than one Samsung Galaxy S2 versions, most in naija are the GT-I9100 and the GT-I9100G, same physical appearance but different CPU/GPU. Flashing or rooting with a wrong version of firmware could render your phone useless.

SGH t989
That's d model number I'd my s2.
Running Android version 4.0.4
My Bluetooth suddenly stopped working last week.
When I turn it on, it says "turning on Bluetooth" but never comes on. What do I do. It's a t mobile version
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by Jeffy1206(m): 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2013
guy I use s 2 gt 19100 p and I cnt update it what can I do na
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hi guys, please provide the following information currently running on your phone
Android Version
Baseband version
build number
E.g
Android version: 4.0.4
Baseband version: I9100GXXLPV
build number: IMM76D.XXLPY

You can find these information by going to Settings---About Phone
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by nell07(m): 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
Model number: SGH-T989
Android version: 4.0.4
Baseband version: T989uvli1
Kernel version: 3.0.8
Build number: IMM76D.UVLI1

Those are for my Samsung galaxy s2.the t mobile version
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by odume10: 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
Model number= Samsung sgh-i777
Android version= 2.3.4
Kernel version= 2.6.35.7
Base band = i777UCKH7
Build number= GINGERBREAD.UCLH7

For my s2 sgh-i777
thanx .
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by odume10: 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
@ sting....y is ur post hidden?
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
I was also barred from replying. Guess I'm not allowed to post such stuff(don't know why though).
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by odume10: 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2013
sting_224: I was also barred from replying. Guess I'm not allowed to post such stuff(don't know why though).
pls send it here effemben@gmail...com
am waiting
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by nell07(m): 12:50am On Jan 21, 2013
sting_224: I was also barred from replying. Guess I'm not allowed to post such stuff(don't know why though).

macdestiny@yahoo.com

I'm also expecting a mail from you bro.
Thanks
Re: Help On Samsung Galaxy S2 by nell07(m): 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2013
odume10:
pls send it here effemben@gmail...com
am waiting

Hey did you get any reply?

(1) (Reply)

The BBM Screenshot Competition. / Dealing With A Broken Iphone Home Button / Warning Warning Warning !!! Data Reseller Scammers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.