Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:45 AM

Joomla - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla (1370 Views)

Who Can Do This Joomla Job? / How To Change Admin Password In Joomla From Locahost! / I Need A Reliable And Affordable Host For Joomla And Wordpress. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla by rexfada(m): 11:02am On Jan 19, 2013
hello webmasters, am a newbie in CMS web design and I'll like to get a comprehensive ebook on joomla 2.5.7 version. any link to one will be greatly appreciated. av been on the web for a very long time now and av been unable to lay my hands on one, and this is hindering my quest for learning this stuff. the other ebooks i have are not for ver 2.5.7, so i can't really do more with it. my email address is rexfada@gmail.com, u can also drop one there for me. thanx a million brothers!!!
Re: Joomla by yawatide(f): 11:07am On Jan 19, 2013
hv u checked the Joomla official documentation at joomla.org?
Re: Joomla by rexfada(m): 11:11am On Jan 19, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
hv u checked the Joomla official documentation at joomla.org?
yes sir, but they are not for joomla 2.5.7, but for other versions
Re: Joomla by yawatide(f): 11:57am On Jan 19, 2013
youtube nko? I know bandwidth may be an issue for you but I am sure it's on there. I remember going there for a lesson or 2 last year.
Re: Joomla by rexfada(m): 12:05pm On Jan 19, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
youtube nko? I know bandwidth may be an issue for you but I am sure it's on there. I remember going there for a lesson or 2 last year.
k. thanx. just got some via google. lemme but them to use and c first
Re: Joomla by soloqy: 12:45pm On Jan 19, 2013
rexfada: hello webmasters, am a newbie in CMS web design and I'll like to get a comprehensive ebook on joomla 2.5.7 version. any link to one will be greatly appreciated. av been on the web for a very long time now and av been unable to lay my hands on one, and this is hindering my quest for learning this stuff. the other ebooks i have are not for ver 2.5.7, so i can't really do more with it. my email address is rexfada@gmail.com, u can also drop one there for me. thanx a million brothers!!!

The best way to start off the process is to install the Joomla version 2.5 on your local system with xampp/wamp .

After installation, you can now play around with it and see the differences between this and Version 1.5.

You can study the templates that comes with it and see the very minor difference between the template of 1.5 and 2.5 (The template details xml file).

For a designer, what you gather from the templates that come shipped with joomla will kick start things from you. If you want to advance to learning how to create components and modules, just do a search with those as your keywords and am certain you will have links.
Re: Joomla by rexfada(m): 2:58pm On Jan 19, 2013
soloqy:

The best way to start off the process is to install the Joomla version 2.5 on your local system with xampp/wamp .

After installation, you can now play around with it and see the differences between this and Version 1.5.

You can study the templates that comes with it and see the very minor difference between the template of 1.5 and 2.5 (The template details xml file).

For a designer, what you gather from the templates that come shipped with joomla will kick start things from you. If you want to advance to learning how to create components and modules, just do a search with those as your keywords and am certain you will have links.
thanx bro. The thing is, av nvr had a first hand experience of 1.5 -meaning av nvr used 1.5 before, am starting with 2.5. This is because all the 1.5 packages I got nvr installed well, they all have errors. I don't know why, maybe it's the version of xampp am using. But 2.5 installs without any hitch
Re: Joomla by yawatide(f): 5:32am On Jan 20, 2013
soloqy:
Haba! You are pissing me off unnecessarily o! OP says he doesn't know squat about joomla and you are advising him to learn J2.5 on a wamp/xamp server? Do you realize how technical you have gone in that sentence alone? angry shocked shocked undecided cheesy

OP:
This isn't like a baby that has to start with milk before eating meat. To be frank, you should be very happy that you have J2.5. My first joomla site was done in 2007...J1.5, I think. Last year, I did my first joomla site in a long time and they had upgraded to 2.5. Man! you have it made, trust me smiley
Re: Joomla by soloqy: 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
soloqy:
Haba! You are pissing me off unnecessarily o! OP says he doesn't know squat about joomla and you are advising him to learn J2.5 on a wamp/xamp server? Do you realize how technical you have gone in that sentence alone? angry shocked shocked undecided cheesy

OP:
This isn't like a baby that has to start with milk before eating meat. To be frank, you should be very happy that you have J2.5. My first joomla site was done in 2007...J1.5, I think. Last year, I did my first joomla site in a long time and they had upgraded to 2.5. Man! you have it made, trust me smiley

Haha, pele o, lol, cheesy but he has done some installation on wamp before from his statements.

Like you said, He is good where he is starting off from, at version 2.5..
Re: Joomla by chitex88(m): 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
WHy not check your xampp installation or the version of joomla you are using, anyway i have an ebook for joomla 2.5 and 1.5. let me know which one you need.
Re: Joomla by Shadowblaqq(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2013
@rexfada, you need good lynda.com video tutorials, one that is titled: Joomla 2.5 Essential Training by Jen Kramer. But due to bandwidth issues downloading these tutorials online becomes a pain in the a*ss. And that is where we come in. We have the following powerful lynda.com video tutorials in stock:
1. Joomla 2.5 Essential training
2. Joomla 1.6 Creating and Editing custom Templates(Compatible with joomla 2.5)
3. Drupal 7 Advanced Training
4.Creating Your First Website Using Dreamweaver
5.Autocad 2011 Training.
Note: Order any of These tutorials and have it packaged in a DVD and sent to your location in Nigeria. You can also make special software and ebook download requests. Just tell what you need and you got it.
Call:08064598634
Email:john.godian(at)gmail
Re: Joomla by talk2hb1(m): 2:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
If you reside in Lagos I can give you a free video on Joomla 2.5 free. mail talk2hb1(at)gmail.com or call me on 08064620491
Re: Joomla by rexfada(m): 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
Shadowblaqq: @rexfada, you need good lynda.com video tutorials, one that is titled: Joomla 2.5 Essential Training by Jen Kramer. But due to bandwidth issues downloading these tutorials online becomes a pain in the a*ss. And that is where we come in. We have the following powerful lynda.com video tutorials in stock:
1. Joomla 2.5 Essential training
2. Joomla 1.6 Creating and Editing custom Templates(Compatible with joomla 2.5)
3. Drupal 7 Advanced Training
4.Creating Your First Website Using Dreamweaver
5.Autocad 2011 Training.
Note: Order any of These tutorials and have it packaged in a DVD and sent to your location in Nigeria. You can also make special software and ebook download requests. Just tell what you need and you got it.
Call:08064598634
Email:john.godian(at)gmail
i don't reside in lagos but i still need the video tuts. The software and ebooks are also needed. So aw fa na?
Re: Joomla by Shadowblaqq(m): 9:53pm On Jan 30, 2013
@rexfada to order the DVD package text your name and your desired tutorial to: 08064598634 then we will respond and take it up from there!
Shadowblaqq
Re: Joomla by rexfada(m): 8:25am On Feb 21, 2013
Shadowblaqq: @rexfada to order the DVD package text your name and your desired tutorial to: 08064598634 then we will respond and take it up from there!
Shadowblaqq
what's the cost bro?
Re: Joomla by Shadowblaqq(m): 3:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
rexfada: what's the cost bro?

N4,000 for the DVD sent to you via waybill

N2,000 for Download link. You download LINK EXPIRES IN 3 DAYS
Re: Joomla by Shadowblaqq(m): 7:24am On Mar 06, 2013
@rexfada alternatively you can download a free joomla 2.5 ebook from http://cocoate.com by a powerful joomla instructor known as Hagen Graf.

(1) (Reply)

Parody Facebook Page For A Popular Artists With 25k Likes For Sale / Google To Shut Down Its Orkut Social Network Today / How Do I Make My Site Appear Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.