Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Rhodiesworld Exclusive Interview With Nollywood Screen Diva - Obey Etuk Chima - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rhodiesworld Exclusive Interview With Nollywood Screen Diva - Obey Etuk Chima (2217 Views)

Nollywood Actress, Tonto Dikeh Before She Becamea Screen Diva (LOOK) / ~Mercy Aigbe's Corner: Nollywood's Fast Rising Screen Diva~ / ~Doris Simeon-Ademinokan's Corner: The Nollywood Screen Diva~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhodiesworld Exclusive Interview With Nollywood Screen Diva - Obey Etuk Chima by rhodiesworld(f): 11:42am On Jan 19, 2013
www.rhodiessworld.com

RW: Thanks for making out time out of your busy schedule to have this exclusive interview with us. You need no introduction because you are one of the most celebrated actor Nollywood has produced. Obey Etuk Chima, how does it feel to be you?

Obey: I thank God for making me who I am. I feel great knowing that I am just me in this world. I am happy to be Obey Etuk!

RW: I must say its a lot easier to wish to be a star but when you are one how do you manage the pressure of staying one step ahead in everything you do? From your dressing, your looks even the way you relate with your fans?

Obey: Its just God! I must confess. I can't do it alone. God has been with me directing me all the way.

RW: We would like you to take your fans memory-lane. When was your first break into the big screen in Nollywood?

Obey: I have done some 'waka-pass' as it is being called but my break came when I featured in Wale Adenuga`s Super Story titled 'No Pain - No Gain 2'.

RW: I remember when No Pain- No Gain was shown on national television. You became the 'bigger-than-life' star that walk the street of Lagos even before the likes of Genevieve, Omotola etc started coming in to the picture. Share with us your experience during this period, because I can recall you having series of exclusive interviews in different media houses back then?

Obey: Yeah! Almost all media houses interviewed me and also back then in NTA10 Lagos, the late Levi Ajuonumah also interviewed me. I couldn’t have done it alone if not for God and you my fans. Thank you so much!

RW: You have done lots of movies and its only natural to believe you have played tough, simple and exciting roles, which of your movies will you consider most challenging of all time in your acting career and why?

Obey: I will say its the movie title Edima and Nsuto- Awaan, our indigenous movie. Its not easy to translate English to Annang language.

RW: Now that you mention indigenous movie, just for the record and for those fans who do not know, you are Akwa Ibom born actor making the long list of great and well respected actors and movie makers from that part of Nigeria. Is there something in particular that makes Akwa Ibom to have such great actors?

Obey: When you see an Akwa Ibom son and daughter, you will know that God created them well with beautiful and wonderful talents. Akwa Ibom people are God's own people.

RW: I know some people take on acting along the way, are you a trained actor or acting is something you discovered later in life?

Obey: I am a 1999 Theatre Arts graduate from Imo state University in Owerri,Nigeria. If you see me, you see arts. In fact I am arts!

RW: *laughs*

Obey: Why are u laughing?

RW: Moving-on, between live stage performance and home video acting which is more demanding?

Obey: Stage is more demanding.

RW: As a movie star, what will you tell your fans is the most embarrassing situation your fans has ever made you to go through out of excitement of seeing you one-on-one?

Obey: When I went to Yaba area of Lagos to buy some personal items... God! I felt “so embarrassed” when a woman started screaming " she can walk she can walk" thank God” That was when I did super story and the character I played was on a wheel chair. They came and rallied round me and hugged me. I felt loved and appreciated. That's how it was. Sometimes you don't know what you will meet per day.

RW: *laugh* I can imagine that!

RW: We understand you travelled to the United States sometime ago, can you tell us your experience as a Nollywood Screen Diva in America, how was your fans reaction?

Obey: I was celebrated even in DC. I felt good because that was my first visit to the States. I was celebrated in California, in Laurel and in Maryland.

RW: Looking at the way movie making is being done in Nigeria, what will you like to change in quality of films produced and how artistes are being paid?

Obey: The technical way of shooting and also the artiste should be paid well as in Hollywood.

RW: Your fans may have noticed their screen diva's last name has changed and that's a positive thing, was it difficult having to make the decision to say YES to the lucky man? Because being a star you sure have lots of attention from male fans.

Obey: It was difficult at first but his good heart took over the better part of me!

RW: These are exclusive information to RhodiesWorld....how many pretty angels have the screen diva got now, if you know what I mean?

Obey: *laughs*..Yeah I have a boy and a girl. God has been so faithful.

RW: We must say congratulations to you. You are indeed blessed!

Obey: Thank God and thank you. I am blushing…*laughs*

RW: When do we expect your latest movie or are you giving time for the kids for now?

Obey: Kids! Yes and movie on the line.

RW: Any special words for your fans as we bring this exclusive interview to an end?

Obey: I love you my fans, without you there will be no me. Thanks for your support, prayers and continued viewing of my films. Thanks for all the criticisms. It has made me grow. I love you guys because you all rock!...

RW: From all of us in RhodiesWorld.com, we want to say a big thank you for granting us this exclusive interview. We wish you the very best in all you do. Thank you and God blessings to you and your family. Happy New Year!

http://www.rhodiesworld.com/index.php/personalities/item/515-rhodiesworld-exclusive-interview-with-nollywood-screen-diva-obey-etuk-chima

(1) (Reply)

“rihanna And I Used To Date” – Lynxxx Tells Ok Magazine / “eedris Abdulkareem Begged To Have Sex With Me” – Cossy Orjiakor / Melvin Oduah Or Beverly Osu? Who Is Becoming More Famous Between Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.