Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? (10422 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / What Will You Do If Your New Next Neighbour Is Your Spouse's Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by sunnyt1(m): 8:02am On Jan 20, 2013
It depends on wat led to the break-up. If it jst didnt work out because of genotype issue for instance, no problem,
but if u guys broke up bcs of unfaithfulness, disrespectfulness, hurt, how cud d above topic cross ur mind?
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by buchostags(m): 8:19am On Jan 20, 2013
thrs nutn much in it...it makes u a bigger person. just dnt get too close
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by misslaw(f): 8:34am On Jan 20, 2013
ex.....well it non of buss #am his first luv so no EX for anywhere
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by dival247(m): 9:03am On Jan 20, 2013
sunny t: It depends on wat led to the break-up. If it jst didnt work out because of genotype issue for instance, no problem,
but if u guys broke up bcs of unfaithfulness, disrespectfulness, hurt, how cud d above topic cross ur mind?

you are right , nothing wrong in it
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by markus1133: 9:28am On Jan 20, 2013
no...
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by Generalzod(m): 9:38am On Jan 20, 2013
Really? Would you have slept with him/her b4?considering d fact dat you are of course d same sex with ur spouse's ex.So wats platonic der nw?
Multcolor: Yes I can but it must be very very platonic
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by 5much(m): 9:42am On Jan 20, 2013
Being friends wt ur spouse's ex is a dangerous adventure.remember: old firewood burns fast.
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by Osareime(f): 9:43am On Jan 20, 2013
dayokanu:

A breakup can be by mutual consent so why cant you remain friends?

Breakup by mutual consent e.g Guy traveling abroad and he tells the girl they cant continue long distance and both moveon,
Genotype dont match,
Families dont agree,
Guy joins Military and the girl cant wait till he comes back from Afghanistan
Girl wants to get married guy not ready. Mutual consent breakup

Dont act like once people breakup they become mortal enemies

That's the issue. If the breakup was because she did something really bad. I mite just know her but not talk to her too much.
If its that he did something bad, then I don't want to even have her around me. Before she d start to forgive him after we are married and open closed chapters.
It it was a mutual break up for genotype, long distance etc I would prefer she moved to another planet because there is still potential for a lot btw them.

I would trust my spouse but I won't be tempting him by allowing him or me be friends with exes.

Of whAt point is it? It's unnecessary. You mustn't be enemies but to be friends it's unnecessary drama.
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by Osareime(f): 9:45am On Jan 20, 2013
sunny t: It depends on wat led to the break-up. If it jst didnt work out because of genotype issue for instance, no problem,

I even prefer they broke up because one partner messed up. When the break up was for platonic reasons it means they still have a lot of chemistry btw them.
Am I the only one that thinks this way?
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by 40Lightyears: 9:45am On Jan 20, 2013
Of all the risks in this world, this is the most risky, i guess. The answer is capital NO!
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by Sweetapple007(f): 9:51am On Jan 20, 2013
Why!! I wil love to hav him all for myself. Pastense na pastense.
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by 40Lightyears: 9:59am On Jan 20, 2013
k2039: It depends entirely on the breakup.

Whether their break-up was smooth or rough, dont try it. Don't joke with emotions! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by 40Lightyears: 10:08am On Jan 20, 2013
Multcolor: Yes I can but it must be very very platonic

Compare ur spouses' Ex to this pic below, and u'll know just how dangerous the "friendship" will be.

Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by MaziOmenuko: 10:38am On Jan 20, 2013
And what will we be discussing?
Him: do you know that your girl use to suck my d.I.c.kk
Me: yea, trust me, her tongue is the warmest in town.

No way, I'll pass.
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by Shifiunited: 10:44am On Jan 20, 2013
doubleDx: It depends!
On what?
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by Shifiunited: 10:46am On Jan 20, 2013
phemiteb1: yes na. i dont see anything wrong wt dat. but she must ..... grin grin
Must what?
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by SAFO(m): 11:46am On Jan 20, 2013
Am just me: Can you be friends with your spouse's ex?

Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by godman01(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2013
The bible says as much as is with you, be at peace with all men.
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by eXDave: 12:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
coogar:

what friendship exists between a dog and a cat?
hell no - an ex is an ex for a reason! closed chapter never to be revisited again.
y not, if u really luv ur ex,u can stil b best of frnds
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by iyeayo(f): 12:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ere e ki ni aja'n ba ekun se?? undecided
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
NO! I don't even want to meet her let alone befriend her. What will the friendship be for,Comparing notes?
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by k2039: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
40Lightyears:

Whether their break-up was smooth or rough, dont try it. Don't joke with emotions! undecided undecided undecided undecided
For Christ sake, I'm the one who is friend with him not my wife.

Are you saying if my friend had dated my wife before, I should stip being friends with him.
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by honeeyplum(f): 5:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
Not in dis world or the next!
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by Hassy4zuby: 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
Y nt despite d fact dat dey r nt togeda dose ntmake her my enemy we can be frds like sista bt due to d way dey departed
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by blackbeau1(f): 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yeah.provided she is not trying to take my man back
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by beautyemm: 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ofcourse i can cos we might meet in d future. No big deal, life is too short.
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by MShelina(f): 10:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
Definitely not a good idea.
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by nairabound: 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yes ofcos
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by denzel2009: 1:11am On Jan 21, 2013
It takes a new level of maturity to stay friends with your ex..I still have some as friends,
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by coogar: 1:17am On Jan 21, 2013
denzel2009: It takes a new level of maturity to stay friends with your ex..I still have some as friends,

only because you still want to sleep with them.
it's not just possible to be friends with someone you have shaggëd before without one or both of you scheming ways of rolling back the years. even if you are mature enough to stay decent, can you trust the intentions of the other party? no!!!
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by denzel2009: 1:24am On Jan 21, 2013
coogar:

only because you still want to sleep with them.
it's not just possible to be friends with someone you have shaggëd before without one or both of you scheming ways of rolling back the years. even if you are mature enough to stay decent, can you trust the intentions of the other party? no!!!

come on coogar speak for yourself...
Re: Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? by coogar: 1:41am On Jan 21, 2013
denzel2009:
come on coogar speak for yourself...

i don't speak to exes - i delete every link to them the moment the relationship is off(sometimes even before the relationship is off). i don't have time for such frivolities....she's an ex for a reason! seeking out one's old flame is the beginning of joblessness. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Pls Me! Spiritual Husband / Celebrating Powerful Women Of The World. . . .THE REAL FEMINISM!!! / HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.