Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,385 members, 7,958,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:31 AM

Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed (1366 Views)

Party Agent Attacked At Benue-South Re-Run Election - PICS / Photo: Amaechi Takes His Campaign The Street After He Was Attacked At Obia Kpor / Nigerian Soldiers Ambushed At Okene, Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed by buildelicool(m): 1:51am On Jan 20, 2013
Some assailants have attacked about 190 Nigerian soldiers who were on their way to Mali for peace keeping operations at Okene in Kogi state .

The attack which took place around 6.05am Nigerian time was launched by insurgents on the Mali-bound Nigerian soldiers who were travelling in three luxurious buses via Kaduna to Bamako, Mali. IEDs were planted on the highway and fire was opened on the troop.

The spokes man of the Nigerian army, Brigadier General Bola Koleosho said two soldiers were killed in the attack while four others were injured. The wounded soldiers are said to be receiving treatment at the Federal Medical Center in Okene.

Only last week, the Chief of Army Staff Azubuike Ihejirika said that Mali trained Boko Haram sect militants have arrived Nigeria in large numbers to carry out attacks on various targets in the country
Source:http:///QMotT1Zn
Re: Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed by braine(m): 2:11am On Jan 20, 2013
And they haven't even gotten to the battle field yet, yeye soldiers! By the way, I thought they took air transport so why were they on land?
Re: Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 20, 2013
braine: And they haven't even gotten to the battle field yet, yeye soldiers! By the way, I thought they took air transport so why were they on land?

I hope you are not serious.

Do you really mean "yeye soldiers"?

You must be a joke.
Re: Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed by braine(m): 5:52am On Jan 20, 2013
virtuoso01:

I hope you are not serious.

Do you really mean "yeye soldiers"?

You must be a joke.

I dont really mean that, but I expect them to be more vigilant than that.
Re: Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 20, 2013
The madness in Mali was planned and is being orchestrated by NATO and the West... They trained the Islamists in Libya and Syria - and Qatar and Saudi Arabia are the ones funding them... It's part of the masterplan to destabilise the resources rich countries in Africa - and take over their wealth... The game started in Libya - and Mali is just a pawn... The next big target is Algeria - and Nigeria is next after Algeria... Everything will end in Angola because they've got Congo DR on lock after the what happened there last year...

Bravo to Algerians for not waiting for the neo-cons in the West before they attacked the hostage-taking-western-trained Islamists that invaded their country!! I actually feel sorry for the brave men and women of the Nigerian armed forces presently fighting a war that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with them in Mali... sad

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but the handwriting is on the wall - chess NOT checkers!!!

I'm out, yo!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed by Jakumo(m): 6:08am On Jan 20, 2013
This is a very serious and ominous development indeed. The use of IED roadside bombs INSIDE Nigeria, even before the peace-keeping troops leave Nigeria on their way to Mali, is concrete evidence that Al Queda is fully operational INSIDE Nigeria, and is working in close cooperation with the Islamic insurgents who seek to topple Mali's elected government.

If those insurgents are fielding combatants and tactical explosives within Nigeria, there is a strong possibility that there will be further strikes WITHIN Nigeria, targeting both military and civilians. This is a time of great and growing danger for the entire West African sub-region.

Be alert, people. The danger is now very, very real, if you reside ANYWHERE in West Africa.
Re: Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed by Ikengawo: 6:24am On Jan 20, 2013
It's only on Nairaland that a man can be called 'yeye' for being shot to death.
Re: Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed by Seunn11: 6:34am On Jan 20, 2013
The Arabs keep pushing deeper into the African continent. They keep killing black people and taking over their resources and land.

They do not do it alone. The conspiracy is deeper. Western nations are part of the game. The Arabs are just their cavalry who ride on a religion that is stoked by the ignorance and naivety of the black man.

The black man is very gullible. Make him an imam, he will plead his life as a slave sacrifice to the dirty and smelly Arab. The bloodthirstiness of the crooked-peg-nose camel rider is even further aggravated in this manner. A chant of "Allah-Ak bur" is one that the "Abeed" must response to - a call for the blood of his black brothers and sisters. Black women are seen as intimacy gadgets until they are slashed open with sword or dagger. Does anyone remember how black people were massacred in Libya for what they knew nothing about? Please, go on YouTube to refresh you memory in case you have forgotten.

What is the reason for the attack on Mali? None. Well, they accused the Malians of practicing "heathen" religion. Laughable, is it not? Mali is historically the centre of the Black African scholarly activities and commerce. Timbuktu, anyone? The mosque in Timbuktu is the first in the black Africa. If Mali is attacked for the amusing accusation of being heathen, then the silly imams in Nigeria who support Arab imperialism need to be publicly flogged.

1 Like

Re: Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed by BedLam: 6:57am On Jan 20, 2013
At Op, do you mean soldiers now travel on luxurious buses? are on excursion or what? TRUE STORY OF A REAL FAKE!
Re: Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed by eggheaders(m): 7:14am On Jan 20, 2013
shymexx: The madness in Mali was planned and is being orchestrated by NATO and the West... They trained the Islamists in Libya and Syria - and Qatar and Saudi Arabia are the ones funding them... It's part of the masterplan to destabilise the resources rich countries in Africa - and take over their wealth... The game started in Libya - and Mali is just a pawn... The next big target is Algeria - and Nigeria is next after Algeria... Everything will end in Angola because they've got Congo DR on lock after the what happened there last year...

Bravo to Algerians for not waiting for the neo-cons in the West before they attacked the hostage-taking-western-trained Islamists that invaded their country!! I actually feel sorry for the brave men and women of the Nigerian armed forces presently fighting a war that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with them in Mali... sad

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but the handwriting is on the wall - chess NOT checkers!!!

I'm out, yo!! cool

damn,I doff my hat sir.nairaland is slowly turning to a circle of clowns.so we still get peeps with insight and reasonable thought.Oga welldone. more grease to your working medulla.
Re: Mali-bound Nigerian Troops Attacked At Okene, 2 Soldiers Killed by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 22, 2013
i wish i could find this vid with english subtitles, if u can understand french tho, listen to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW9kWe3MI-M

(1) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Men Caught With Box Of Fake Dollars / We Almost Fought During Governors' Forum Election – Mimiko / Who Is Senator Chris Ngige Representing At The Senate? By John Okiyi Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.