Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (121607 Views)

Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months / Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by jujumma: 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hello All,
thank you for your advise,i and my kids finally got our 2 years settlement visa,i submitted on the 15th of June and it was ready for pick up on the 17th of August.Thank you all
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
plz clarif: Hi,

Could someone reply on the below query on over staying in UK? I am an Indian passport holder.

- I over stayed in UK in 2006 for over a month(on visit visa) & when I was leaving(on my own) at heathrow I was stopped by immigration & they put some stamp (says
Hello i don't know how to post a topic here, i just quoted from one of the topics sorry... just want to ask if you are overstayed in uk for 2 years and you are planning to go home to your own country on your own expense or should i say voluntarily... is it okay? will they get all your things, money, celphones, etc... i need an advice cause i really want to go home. will they detain you or not?

some form was served on me - can't remember the form number) on my   passport

- Just a year after in 2007, again I travelled to UK on business visa from India. On arrival immigration detained me at heathrow for few mins & checked my invite letter from employer & docs etc. Then they let me enter into the country. In this visit I stayed in UK for about 4 months.

- In May 2010 again I got UK business visa from India for 6 months, but never travelled. Its expired now.

- In Dec 2010 I got UK Tier 1(General) visa valid for 2yrs. Now I am planning to go to UK soon, but stilled worried about immigration at heathrow.

Based on above history - do you think I will be allowed into UK again? Could someone provide some info on this!!

Thanks
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
plz clarif: Hi,

Could someone reply on the below query on over staying in UK? I am an Indian passport holder.

- I over stayed in UK in 2006 for over a month(on visit visa) & when I was leaving(on my own) at heathrow I was stopped by immigration & they put some stamp (says
Hello i don't know how to post a topic here, i just quoted from one of the topics sorry... just want to ask if you are overstayed in uk for 2 years and you are planning to go home to your own country on your own expense or should i say voluntarily... is it okay? will they get all your things, money, celphones, etc... i need an advice cause i really want to go home. will they detain you or not?

some form was served on me - can't remember the form number) on my   passport

- Just a year after in 2007, again I travelled to UK on business visa from India. On arrival immigration detained me at heathrow for few mins & checked my invite letter from employer & docs etc. Then they let me enter into the country. In this visit I stayed in UK for about 4 months.

- In May 2010 again I got UK business visa from India for 6 months, but never travelled. Its expired now.

- In Dec 2010 I got UK Tier 1(General) visa valid for 2yrs. Now I am planning to go to UK soon, but stilled worried about immigration at heathrow.

Based on above history - do you think I will be allowed into UK again? Could someone provide some info on this!!

Thanks
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hi i need help i am overstayed here in the uk for 2 years and i am planning to go home at my own expense.. my question is if i will be in the airport will the immigration detain me, will they get my things? or i will be allowed to go home?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
mmpc: Hi i need help i am overstayed here in the uk for 2 years and i am planning to go home at my own expense.. my question is if i will be in the airport will the immigration detain me, will they get my things? or i will be allowed to go home?

You will not be detained, only if you have committed any other criminal offence apart from overstaying.

1 Like

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
ohhhh thank you so much for the reply... how about my things? i heared that they will get all your things... is that applicable only to people who has been get by the police? but if it is voluntary i will be okay.. that's the only reason why i am hesitant to go home cause i am scared of what might happen in the airport.. i don't mind if they will put a stamp on my passport as long as i can go home!!!
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
mmpc: ohhhh thank you so much for the reply... how about my things? i heared that they will get all your things... is that applicable only to people who has been get by the police? but if it is voluntary i will be okay.. that's the only reason why i am hesitant to go home cause i am scared of what might happen in the airport.. i don't mind if they will put a stamp on my passport as long as i can go home!!!

You will only be ban for about 5yrs or so, but you will be allowed to go with your stuff since you are going voluntarily but if you are picked up on the street or place of work then you will be deported without your stuff.

1 Like

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
thank you... last question, is it safe to book a ticket? will they find out on my passport number that my visa is expired already? what should i do, should i book early or should i buy straight away week before the flight, a day before the flight?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 8:39am On Sep 12, 2012
hi, i am overstayed in uk for 2 years and i want to go home already.. what is the best thing to do buy the ticket straight away a week before the flight or days before the flight? and if i book a flight ahead will they find out that i am an overstayed? to make it clear is it okay to book a ticket even if i am overstayed here in uk? thanks..
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 9:00am On Sep 12, 2012
mmpc: thank you... last question, is it safe to book a ticket? will they find out on my passport number that my visa is expired already? what should i do, should i book early or should i buy straight away week before the flight, a day before the flight?

Do you need passport number to book a ticket?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
im not sure if passport number is needed..
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
ppsyim: hey! i been overstayed for 4 years in uk, is it anywhere that i can re-enter again? i went back voluntary, but i got finger printed. and hav a letter from uk border agency! your advice is very helpful to me! many thanks

hello just want to ask cause you went back voluntary, what did they do did they ask many questions from you? im planning to go home as well voluntary and im a bit scared what might happen in the airport... ive heared from some people they will check everything, your record... is it true? i didn't do anything, im just thinking it might be a bit scary they might ask you loads of questions about the reason why i overstayed.. please let me know okay!!! at least it will give me a peace of mind... thanks..
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by seir405: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2012
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 10:57am On Sep 15, 2012
seir405: From learn from this forum From learn from this forum

From what have learn on this forum you need not to be afraid or scared of any thing when you are leaving all they will do is to serve u with the IS151A form and stamp ur passport few times. And ban for a year.
Just be calm no need to worry

Its more than a year, its about 5yrs ban for overstaying for more than 2yrs.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2012
thank you so much for all the replies...appreciate it so much!!!
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by seir405: 6:54am On Sep 16, 2012
[quote author=justwise]

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 2:06pm On Sep 16, 2012
Im not sure about this but ive heared that when you go home to your country they will check your record if you have debt like loan, etc.. and ive also heared that they will detain you for that and be imprisoned.. im not sure if it's true or not, my friend who also overstayed here in uk wants to go home with her own expense but scared that they might able to find out she have a debt... your replies is much appreciated!! i want to know as well at least i will be aware.. i really love this forum because it's very informative!!!
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by seir405: 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2012
mmpc: Im not sure about this but ive heared that when you go home to your country they will check your record if you have debt like loan, etc.. and ive also heared that they will detain you for that and be imprisoned.. im not sure if it's true or not, my friend who also overstayed here in uk wants to go home with her own expense but scared that they might able to find out she have a debt... your replies is much appreciated!! i want to know as well at least i will be aware.. i really love this forum because it's very informative!!!
Obviously if you failed to repay loan taken from the bank or loan companies and they have reported you to the police and your details entered into the system then you will be detained if you are trying to leave the UK.

1 Like

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by seir405: 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2012
seir405:

@Mmpc your question has been answered @justwise nice work you doing GOD will continue to bless you

Thanks for your kind words. God bless you too.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
@ justwise: thank you very much... may god bless you always!!!
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2012
@ seir 405: thank you as well..
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by pictures: 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
m
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by NajamShaikh: 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2012
Hi, Can Any one help me out as well?
I was served IS151a 6 years ago when i went to england, I overstayed Cause i was Hospitalized I want to apply for Student Visa this January
is there any chance i am gonna get UK Visa? and what is the procedure to apply if i have been served IS151a?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 5:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
Najam Shaikh: Hi, Can Any one help me out as well?
I was served IS151a 6 years ago when i went to england, I overstayed Cause i was Hospitalized I want to apply for Student Visa this January
is there any chance i am gonna get UK Visa? and what is the procedure to apply if i have been served IS151a?

Nobody can confidently tell you whether you will be issued a visa or not, since it happened more than 6yrs ago it will not a big issue as long as you did not withhold the info in your visa application form

1 Like

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by NajamShaikh: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
Thanks Justwise,
Am i suppose to state any thing before applying student visa?
or should I apply as a normal procedure?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
Najam Shaikh: Thanks Justwise,
Am i suppose to state any thing before applying student visa?
or should I apply as a normal procedure?

Its a normal application but you need to use the blank space in the form to explain any other info that is important to your application.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Suave64: 3:39am On Oct 23, 2012
Would like to know if the 5yr ban is still in effect for those who voluntary left, but had their tickets bought for them and how will they know when their ban will be over. Would one be given any trouble if they try to enter the united Kingdom again?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Suave64: 3:41am On Oct 23, 2012
mmpc:
what did you do, have you been able to re-enter?

hello just want to ask cause you went back voluntary, what did they do did they ask many questions from you? im planning to go home as well voluntary and im a bit scared what might happen in the airport... ive heared from some people they will check everything, your record... is it true? i didn't do anything, im just thinking it might be a bit scary they might ask you loads of questions about the reason why i overstayed.. please let me know okay!!! at least it will give me a peace of mind... thanks..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information / 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.