Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,835 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (121601 Views)

Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months / Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by renegade85: 6:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
Hi guys, I've got a query. I know someone trying to head back to naija after overstaying for about 8 years. He didn't come with his passport but managed to get a new biometric one made here. His question is what will happen on his way back? He has made a life here and actually works in IT so he's able to keep his job even when he goes back and work remotely. Problem is: I've seen on other forums that if you have a loan they'll detain you, or they'll seize all the money you have because it was earned "illegally". Is all this true? Will they close his bank account and all his direct debits etc because he still plans on honoring the payments. If they do, he can still work but the money won't be going into any account :s
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 7:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
renegade85: Hi guys, I've got a query. I know someone trying to head back to naija after overstaying for about 8 years. He didn't come with his passport but managed to get a new biometric one made here. His question is what will happen on his way back? He has made a life here and actually works in IT so he's able to keep his job even when he goes back and work remotely. Problem is: I've seen on other forums that if you have a loan they'll detain you, or they'll seize all the money you have because it was earned "illegally". Is all this true? Will they close his bank account and all his direct debits etc because he still plans on honoring the payments. If they do, he can still work but the money won't be going into any account :s

Has the person been in trouble with the police or immigration since that 8yrs?

Is the loan company after him? 'If' he is stopped at the airport then he has to explain how he came into the UK.

If you are carrying large amount of money and you can't explain how you got the money then it will be seized until you proof the source.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by renegade85: 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
justwise:

Has the person been in trouble with the police or immigration since that 8yrs?

Is the loan company after him? 'If' he is stopped at the airport then he has to explain how he came into the UK.

If you are carrying large amount of money and you can't explain how you got the money then it will be seized until you proof the source.

No he hasn't.
No they're not! He's paying in installments.
He won't be taking any money; maybe just a hundred but nothing stupidly large. So is it true about the fact that they can trace his account and close it? That'll be a problem with his job etc.
You said he'll have to explain how he came? That might be a problem seeing as he used another name or don't they care? lol

p.s. Thanks for the quick reply
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 6:15am On Apr 11, 2013
renegade85:

No he hasn't.
No they're not! He's paying in installments.
He won't be taking any money; maybe just a hundred but nothing stupidly large. So is it true about the fact that they can trace his account and close it? That'll be a problem with his job etc.
You said he'll have to explain how he came? That might be a problem seeing as he used another name or don't they care? lol

p.s. Thanks for the quick reply

Whatever name he used he still need to explain to the immigration at the airport how he came into the UK 'if' stopped.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by renegade85: 8:45am On Apr 11, 2013
justwise:

Whatever name he used he still need to explain to the immigration at the airport how he came into the UK 'if' stopped.

Hi again, that sucks but I guess it's inevitable. I'll have him speak to a solicitor.
From your knowledge, will they go after his bank account...I think that's the most important question he's trying to query.
Oh yeah, also, what will they do to his passport? Just an exit stamp or another stamp saying something like "Overstayed"? Thanks
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 8:54pm On Apr 11, 2013
renegade85:

Hi again, that sucks but I guess it's inevitable. I'll have him speak to a solicitor.
From your knowledge, will they go after his bank account...I think that's the most important question he's trying to query.
Oh yeah, also, what will they do to his passport? Just an exit stamp or another stamp saying something like "Overstayed"? Thanks

I don't think anybody can tell you if they will go after his account or not, it depends on what happens at the airport 'if' he is stopped.

His passport will be stamped for sure and if he makes any further application it will be automatically refused.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Ktmnep: 6:59am On Jun 06, 2013
Does ban (by overstaying) in the UK means, there is no other options for people to go other countries except UK itself after cetain period of my time? Clearly no country will allow such person if UK has given such status like overstayer.

Is there anyway I can backtrack a case that is almost five years back? I was refused to extend my student visa because I did not know that international students are not allowed to extend their visa if they are waiting for the results although there is a huge chance of getting failed in the exam or resubmission of dissertation with some changes. Please help. I did appeal in the UK as i had right to appeal but judge went against me. I again appealed but was frustrated at the end and came back home by informing uk home office. Now i am afraid what kind of status the UK government has given me like Overstayer or Removal. I had a valid visa till april 30 2008 and returned home on middle of sept 2008. I spent few months appealing as I had a valid reason. I was asked by my supervisor (dissertation) to resubmit once again with major changes. In such case how can anyone say that I finished my course,

Now I am thinking of doing my Phd abroad (not in the UK) but I am worried if such decision of UK goverment will impact my future as no country will allow any overstayer in their country. I want suggestions.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Ikkao: 2:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hello all,

I'm very new to this forum, and I have a scenario to play out and seek your honest advice.

My spouse and I are coming home (Naija) from the UK to get married.

We've dated for a little over 2 years...

We've got the financial and accommodation part covered as he owns his own home and thankfully despite the economic climate he's still in gainful employment ( earning above the £18k threshold)

The problem lies in fact that I've overstayed my visit visa by almost a lifetime, but I have never come under the attention of UKBA, nor the police....

In order to keep body and soul together, I took up employment here in the uk with Traceable details including my full names.. Etc...

I also had to have emergency surgery a year ago.... Under the NHS.

I wonder if if is advisable to disclose the work in the application as our lawyer here in the UK advised we disclose this in the cover letter he intends to write with our application?

Is it better to keep mute about the work and not disclose in the application as its not asked, anywhere and only respond to it truthfully when asked if called for an interview?

or simply allow the lawyer write it in his cover letter?

Also, as I have a NHS number, I didn't pay for the operation I had, and I intend to disclose this in the form, but the lawyer has insisted it's better I pay up or make payment arrangements with NHS before making any application to BHC.

On these two issues, can anyone please advice?

Thank you very much.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by worry359(m): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Remember your lawyer has nothing to loose but you do.
You laeyer will get paid whatever the result!
Be happy in your own mind with anythin submitted.
I would suggest that it will be best to clear up any problems from the past in one go.
Be honest in your submission and you stand more chance of the visa officer seeing you as worthwile people.

Please try not to fall into the trap of telling lies. This often results in worse result.

As for using national health service, have either of you paid income tax or National insurance?
That could help your case.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by higherigoever: 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
I came across this forum, i will be very grateful if you can help me with this .I travelled to the UK in Dec 2008 on a student visa which was for a year and I was required to extend my visa in other to complete my degree. So when the time came, I submitted my application to renew my stay but after a week my documents was returned as invalid stating that they were unable to get the visa fee as I added my bank details whilst posting my application pack and I was told to reapply, but due to unforeseen circumstance I was unable to reapply that period and that led me to overstay. Then i had to wait to get enough money and i returned in Sept 2012 , I returned voluntarily at my own expense but at the Heathrow airport I was served a IS151A form and through this forum I got to understand that I am entitled to a year ban. it’s been over a year now and I will like to reapply to come to the uk to complete my degree but I had a little concern when filling out my student application form i was asked “have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave the uk and the date" so do i say yes and what date should i include since i wasn't asked to leave the uk while i previously applied?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by pateykhan: 11:53am On Oct 30, 2013
My name is Waqas, living in Pakistan, I went to UK on student visa in 2000, later i got married and my wife joined me. we had a baby boy during our stay in UK. My visa got expired on 31st March 2006 but i overstayed with my wife and kid in UK and came back to Pakistan on 4th Sep 2006. I overstayed just over 5 months in UK. We came back on our own expense and we were not deported back to Pakistan, not even our passport were stamped there. We were not asked to fill any form IS1515a at Birmingham airport. In Pakistan our passports were stamped normally with date 4-09-2013. Only this date shows that we were overstayed in UK.

Now I want to go back to UK to sit in PLAB exam next year 2014 so I want to apply for VISIT visa. Overstaying in UK results ban for 1 year or more ?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by pateykhan: 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
I am a bit confused with all this deception talk, help required

My name is Waqas, living in Pakistan, I went to UK on student visa in 2000, later i got married and my wife joined me. we had a baby boy during our stay in UK. My visa got expired on 31st March 2006 but i overstayed with my wife and kid in UK and came back to Pakistan on 4th Sep 2006. I overstayed just over 5 months in UK. We came back on our own expense and we were not deported back to Pakistan, not even our passport were stamped there. We were not asked to fill any form IS1515a at Birmingham airport. In Pakistan our passports were stamped normally with date 4-09-2013. Only this date shows that we were overstayed in UK.

Now I want to go back to UK to sit in PLAB exam next year 2014 so I want to apply for VISIT visa. Overstaying in UK results ban for 1 year or more ?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
pateykhan: I am a bit confused with all this deception talk, help required

You will be fine as long as you tell the truth and meet the visa requirements.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by olaola76: 9:46am On Nov 10, 2013
Please i need an advice here, am a Nigerian living and working legally in France since 2004. Actually i went to the UK in 2001 on a student visa. I was caught by the police for working more 20 hours but in the night of the i was arrested I agreed to go back home without getting a lawyer, so i was consequently deported the second day of my arrestation, this happened in 2002. However i got a visa to France in 2004, i got my 10years residencial permit in 2005. In 2007 i applied for a Uk visa from Paris but i was rejected because i failed to mention that i had been to the uk before.
I am preparing to submit another application this month (november 2013) because it's been 11years since i was deported but i am worried about the incident of the visa application i made in 2007 where i didn't mention that i had lived in the uk before.
Since the new law about deception came to force in 2008 i don't know if it will affect me because they didn't state in the refusal notice that I'll serve a ban. I have a very strong application now coz am very ok in France but i only wish to go to the Uk for a weekend (as stated in my new application and i also stated the deportation and reason for being refused a visa 2007 there).
Pease i need advice cos i don't wanna waste my money as i already have appointment for submission.
Thanks in advance
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 10:11am On Nov 10, 2013
olaola76: Please i need an advice here, am a Nigerian living and working legally in France since 2004. Actually i went to the UK in 2001 on a student visa. I was caught by the police for working more 20 hours but in the night of the i was arrested I agreed to go back home without getting a lawyer, so i was consequently deported the second day of my arrestation, this happened in 2002. However i got a visa to France in 2004, i got my 10years residencial permit in 2005. In 2007 i applied for a Uk visa from Paris but i was rejected because i failed to mention that i had been to the uk before.
I am preparing to submit another application this month (november 2013) because it's been 11years since i was deported but i am worried about the incident of the visa application i made in 2007 where i didn't mention that i had lived in the uk before.
Since the new law about deception came to force in 2008 i don't know if it will affect me because they didn't state in the refusal notice that I'll serve a ban. I have a very strong application now coz am very ok in France but i only wish to go to the Uk for a weekend (as stated in my new application and i also stated the deportation and reason for being refused a visa 2007 there).
Pease i need advice cos i don't wanna waste my money as i already have appointment for submission.
Thanks in advance

Deportation does not carry 10yrs ban, what carries 10yrs ban is lying or misrepresentation in your application, its fair to say that your ban actually started in 2007, but since the 10yrs ban started in 2008 its a bit complicated to ascertain what will happen if you applied now but you can only know by applying and tell nothing but the whole truth about your previous immigration history.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by olaola76: 11:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
justwise:

Deportation does not carry 10yrs ban, what carries 10yrs ban is lying or misrepresentation in your application, its fair to say that your ban actually started in 2007, but since the 10yrs ban started in 2008 its a bit complicated to ascertain what will happen if you applied now but you can only know by applying and tell nothing but the whole truth about your previous immigration history.

Thank you very much, i'll see how it goes. otherwise i'll wait till i get my french nationality which is already in progress. Thanks again
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by demi13: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2013
Hello everyone, I have got a problem that is tearing me apart and would like answers to a couple of questions.
My name is demi a nigerian in the UK and I have overstayed my visa it expired december 2010 and my old nigerian passport also expired in june 2012.
My problem is that I have a job offer in nigeria that I have to take up before the end of febuary 2014, its a life changing offer so I need to get back to nigeria as soon as possible and won't mind getting a 10 year ban. My questions go like this;
1. Best and quickest option of getting home to nigeria.
2. can travel on my old passport.
3. Do I get an emergency travel certificate, how long and easy will it be?
4. What will it take to get an e-passport.
5. Should I just turn myself into the border agency and come clean?
Please if any other options are available please share. Thank you all.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by worry359(m): 8:49am On Dec 17, 2013
demi13: Hello everyone, I have got a problem that is tearing me apart and would like answers to a couple of questions.
My name is demi a nigerian in the UK and I have overstayed my visa it expired december 2010 and my old nigerian passport also expired in june 2012.
My problem is that I have a job offer in nigeria that I have to take up before the end of febuary 2014, its a life changing offer so I need to get back to nigeria as soon as possible and won't mind getting a 10 year ban. My questions go like this;
Emergency travel document is the way to procede.
You should then pay for your flight home.

Do not just turn yourself in to UKBA and expect British tax payers to pay your bill.
You Will get ban but YOU DID OVERSTAY.
Then take up new job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by demi13: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2013
worry 359:
Emergency travel document is the way to procede.
You should then pay for your flight home.

Do not just turn yourself in to UKBA and expect British tax payers to pay your bill.
You Will get ban but YOU DID OVERSTAY.
Then take up new job.

Thank you for the advice. How long those it take to process ETC? If I turn myself in to UKBA I don't mind paying its more the sooner I get home the better. I know trying during this period will just be frustrating so hoping to start first week of the new year. Thank you again
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
demi13: Hello everyone, I have got a problem that is tearing me apart and would like answers to a couple of questions.

You don't need to turn yourself to immigration, they will be happy that you are going home even. You will be banned for over staying but i doubt its 10yrs, less than that.

Visit Nigerian embassy in London to inquire about getting a new passport or TC( Don''t fall into the temptation of changing your details).

I think you can travel with your expired Nigerian passport, though not too sure about that but visiting Nigerian embassy in London will help you answers that question
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by worry359(m): 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
justwise:
I think you can travel with your expired Nigerian passport, though not too such about that but visiting Nigerian embassy in London will help you answers that question

Justwise is correct as usual.
International law says that you can return to your home country with an expired passport.
You might have problems with Nigerian criminals immigration officials wanting "something" to pass you through.
You can either pay them or argue it's up to you.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by savemysoul: 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
Pleased like know, if one is to ban for any act, will the pronouncement be communicated in written or what?.or the applicant will be know is under any form of ban.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by worry359(m): 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
savemysoul: Pleased like know, if one is to ban for any act, will the pronouncement be communicated in written or what?.or the applicant will be know is under any form of ban.
Very often people are NOT told directly.
They only find out when making further applications.
Do you have a reason to suspect a ban? Fake documents is the most frequent reason for ban.
Give the exact wording of refusal (without personal information) we may able to clarify.
Or just ask UKBA. They will tell you if ban is in place.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by savemysoul: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
worry 359:

Very often people are NOT told directly.
They only find out when making further applications.
Do you have a reason to suspect a ban? Fake documents is the most frequent reason for ban.
Give the exact wording of refusal (without personal information) we may able to clarify.
Or just ask UKBA. They will tell you if ban is in place.

Thank you for yours response, I applied in 2007 but was given Appeal though tourist but I was not granted the appeal, now I want to apply for Dublin visa, just to be sure am good to go, have been united states, Kenya, south Africa but I don't want anything to stain my passport.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by chiragpatel: 10:58am On Sep 05, 2014
hi my name is chirag
i was overstay in uk since 9yrs and i come back my home country in india. but when i left uk. uk border agency caught to me and they serve me to IS151A FROM AND I WAS COMING MY OWN EXPANSE NOT UK GOVT PAID FOR MY TICKET. NOW I WANT TO REAPPLY TO UK SO IF ANY CHANCE TO GET VISA AGAIN. PLS. HELP ME IF POSSIBLE.
THANK YOU
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2014
chiragpatel: hi my name is chirag
i was overstay in uk since 9yrs and i come back my home country in india. but when i left uk. uk border agency caught to me and they serve me to IS151A FROM AND I WAS COMING MY OWN EXPANSE NOT UK GOVT PAID FOR MY TICKET. NOW I WANT TO REAPPLY TO UK SO IF ANY CHANCE TO GET VISA AGAIN. PLS. HELP ME IF POSSIBLE.
THANK YOU

Its possible though its 50/50 situation, you have to meet all requirements and be very honest in your application.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by esosa4real(m): 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
katowise: Hello my friends just wanted to share the good news with you. I did get my visa today and will be going to the UK next week. Against all odds God does work in wonders. Thank you for all that gave me advise, xx

Congrats, are u still joining the UK Army??
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Tranquill: 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
Please I need your opinions. A friend who is not on nairaland was removed from the UK in 2010 for overstaying. she appealed against it to the immigration tribunal and judgement was given in her favour against the UKBA. Now she is filling a visa application to another country and is being asked if she has ever been removed from any country before? Should the answer be yes or no? Does the tribunal judgement wipe the record clean? Thanks for your replies.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
Tranquill:
Please I need your opinions. A friend who is not on nairaland was removed from the UK in 2010 for overstaying. she appealed against it to the immigration tribunal and judgement was given in her favour against the UKBA. Now she is filling a visa application to another country and is being asked if she has ever been removed from any country before? Should the answer be yes or no? Does the tribunal judgement wipe the record clean? Thanks for your replies.

This is simple.....Yes and explain what happened. End of the story.

1 Like

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Tranquill: 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
justwise:

This is simple....Yes and explain what happened. End of the story.

The tribunal ordered that the decision of UKBA was not in accordance with the law and that the order stands untill they make another decision. Does it not mean the initial decision does not even exist at all since it was nullified?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Tranquill: 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
justwise:

This is simple.....Yes and explain what happened. End of the story.

The tribunal ordered that the decision of UKBA was not in accordance with the law and that the order stands until they make another decision. Does it not mean the initial decision does not even exist at all since it was nullified?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
Tranquill:

The tribunal ordered that the decision of UKBA was not in accordance with the law and that the order stands until they make another decision. Does it not mean the initial decision does not even exist at all since it was nullified?

No record is wiped out, all your immigration records are there it doesn't matter if it's good or bad one. Say the truth, explain what happened and move on or hid it, get caught and get banned. It's two simple choices.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information / 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.