Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (121600 Views)

Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months / Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Crossover2: 12:40pm On May 30, 2010
@joxiri

I made the applications 2 applications within a month, sept/oct 2007. In the 1st application, having not disclosed my having to leave the UK, i did not attach the removal notice. However, in the second, i included all the documents that showed my entire immigration history in the UK including correspondences with the home office and the letter from the MP. I do have a brother in the UK. However, i want to try the immigration adviser/lawyer option 1st to know where i stand according to the law. Btw how do i go about asking if there is a ban on me. Thanx a bunch
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by joxiri: 9:18pm On May 30, 2010
I am not sure but i think you can find out through the vfs people
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by jamesbake: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
hi people, please advice. i have been to the uk now twice on family visits and on the 2nd time overstayed fr 2yrs and met a british citizen wiv which am just back home now(nigeria) to get married wiv. my 2 previous application were decption (passports and documents) nd i had my fingerprint taken once but i wana come clean now for tha sake of my fiancee nd unborn child will i be ban for 10 years if i apply for a settlement visa.cheers
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by noniwealth(f): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2010
what about if you applied for 2yrs and was denied for using fake statement of account,you appealed and won but the consular still refused and you appealed the grounds and was finally issued a 6months visa instead of 2yrs that you applied for claiming that though you got a 6months they have in their file verification that you had earlier used a fake statement,you had gone and stayed 3wks of the 6months.
Will such person be affected by this ban or there is no wahala as the visa was finally issued.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by joxiri: 11:50am On Jul 22, 2010
There is no wahala na
U were issued the visa u travelled and returned and u didn't overstay then you should be fine
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by hackneyDiv: 4:29am On Aug 23, 2010
Can anyone advise, I am british citizen living in Canada now. My hubby used fraudulant documents to apply for UK indefinite at an embassy in the USA about 9 years ago. The embassy advised us that the documents he produced were faked and later closed the apllication Since then he is now a Canadian citizen and holds a good job there. We have two kids together. We want to visit UK in Dec, will the immigration officers let him enter. we are going for a week
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Light707i: 5:19pm On Aug 26, 2010
Hello everyone, can sumone kindly tell me how do you know if you are on ban and how long it is for after removal from the Uk just last year as a result of failed asylum case.

Thankz.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Light707i: 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2010
I forgot to mention, the removal trip is at the expence of the state. Also, can this person apply for student visa or settelment visa while the person's patner has a settelment visa. if yes, what are changes of getting the visa.

Thankz.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by DobraDobra: 10:42pm On Aug 28, 2010
@LIGHT 707i if u are a failed assylum seeker and u are removed i am sure it will be difficult for u to get back in as a student coss am sure ur finger print must have been taken . u said u have a partner, are u married? do u have kids ? coss these are the best option for u if u are married or u have kid*s*
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Suave64: 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2010
Hi I would like to know if I would be allowed to transit through the UK. I overstayed and left voluntarily, but through the assisted program. I.e. my ticket was bought for me. Right now I live in the Caribbean where we do not require a visa to go the the UK and want to visit Nigeria, but have to pass through London. Would that be a problem?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by DobraDobra: 12:21am On Sep 08, 2010
Suave64:

Hi I would like to know if I would be allowed to transit through the UK. I overstayed and left voluntarily, but through the assisted program. I.e. my ticket was bought for me. Right now I live in the Caribbean where we do not require a visa to go the the UK and want to visit Nigeria, but have to pass through London. Would that be a problem?

1. Are u using nigerian passport? 2. was ur finger print taking while u were assisted to go back to nigeria? 3, are u legal in the caribean country u are at the moment ?
now, u are using nigerian passport u will definately need a transit visa to pass through uk and if ur finger print was taking with ur name and date of birth it will raise a question about ur intention in uk and ur legality in ur present country of residence. if i may know which of the caribean countries are u at the moment ?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by joxiri: 9:13am On Sep 08, 2010
" light707
was your removal voluntarily i.e was the decision to leave uk yours and did you buy your ticket yourself if thats the case then you will normally have only a one year ban but i dont know about the asylum aspect of your case
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Suave64: 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2010
@ DobraDobra

I am not using a Nigerian passport, I was a Caribbean (Barbados) citizen when I went to the U.K, and Caribbean citizens are visa free for 6 months and yes my fingerprints were taken before I left, but when I plan on visiting Nigeria, the flight from Barbados arrives at Gatwick and the ongoing flight to Nigeria leaves from Heathrow. Would that be a problem
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by ammyzing: 11:51am On Sep 28, 2010
Respected,

I am Amanpreet Singh Dadiala Indian National sailing as Chief Officer On Merchant Ships,holding Chief Mate CocCERT NO: 0041250 by Maritime and Coastguard Agency(MCA),UK.
D.O.ISSUE : 16.02.2007
D.O.EXPIRY : 30.12.2011
D.O.B: 12.11.1978

Last Year in July 2009 Uk Visa is Rejected Twice under para 320 (7A) and later 320(7B) which leads to automatic rejection for 10 years.

I have completed my Sea(Training) Time for Masters(Captain) Orals,paid full college Fees 845 G.B.P and Hostel Deposit 150 G.B.P.Glasgow College of Nautical Studies in July 2009.

Mate and Masters is a combined course for Chief Officer and Captain,now i left with only 1 month College and 1 Oral Exam for my Masters.
Failing to get my UK visa i am not able to pass my Masters Orals,I will not only loose my Promotion, but also my Job as Chief Officer as my Licence is Expiring on 30.12.2011.
I can not to do this Masters Course in India or any other country as i have done the main course in UK.
Sailing is my only source of income as i do not have skill to earn my living.

I am willing to deposit my Passport with Home Office, keep my Fathers house as guarantee.
I have about 15,000 G.B.P for my trip.
I will return back as soon i pass my Masters orals i just need visa for about 2-3 mnoths,1 month for the course and 1 or 2 month for my oral Exams.
I have my wife and parents in india we stay together, as Father is retired from Public Sector Bank , mother is house wife and my wife is working in private company.
Whole Responsibility of house is on me.
UK visa is my Life Line
Please help in any way you can,by which i explain my case fully to UKBA home office.

On 24 Feb 2006 I was tired out for Traffic Offence in Blackpool,UK for which i had paid full fine and after that in Oct 2006 granted UK visa for second time.

I have Mumbai police Clearence Certificate date 28 Oct 2009 for having no offence and that i reside on same address from last 20 years.

PLEASE HELP ME!!
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by cerendo: 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
hello. i searched a lot on the internet but found this post full with information and helpful people. i would like to discuss my case with you.
i had applied for hsmp visa in 2008 and was refused because UK immigration said my documents were not authentic. I then applied for student visa 15 days after the hsmp refusal and it was also refused reasoning my previous application was not authentic. i then applied for student visa in germany and i got the visa. now i stay here with no problems and my status is fully legal and all my papers are authentic, i studied here as a postgraduate and doing a job as a software trainer.
the major problem is that i applied for general visitor visa for UK in 2009. they refused my visa again saying that my previous history is not good and you are not a genuine visitor. So i appealed against the refusal to prove that i am genuine visitor and i am doing a fresh application. they refused my appeal as well saying that my previous history is bad and various things which does not come in my favor. the judge said that all my future applications will be refused automatically for the next 10 years. they did not mention the word "BAN" on the refusal letter.
is there anything that can be done in this case. can we request them again making a new application. please help

thank you.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Dantecmu(m): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2010
cerendo:

hello. i searched a lot on the internet but found this post full with information and helpful people. i would like to discuss my case with you.
i had applied for hsmp visa in 2008 and was refused because UK immigration said my documents were not authentic. I then applied for student visa 15 days after the hsmp refusal and it was also refused reasoning my previous application was not authentic. i then applied for student visa in germany and i got the visa. now i stay here with no problems and my status is fully legal and all my papers are authentic, i studied here as a postgraduate and doing a job as a software trainer.
the major problem is that i applied for general visitor visa for UK in 2009. they refused my visa again saying that my previous history is not good and you are not a genuine visitor. So i appealed against the refusal to prove that i am genuine visitor and i am doing a fresh application. they refused my appeal as well saying that my previous history is bad and various things which does not come in my favor. the judge said that all my future applications will be refused automatically for the next 10 years. they did not mention the word "BAN" on the refusal letter.
is there anything that can be done in this case. can we request them again making a new application. please help

thank you.

Oga sir u dont need help ur case is as simple and easy as anyfing YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED must they use the word BAN b4 u understand ur situation when judge don tell u say all applications would be refused for the next 10yrs u still dey wait for am to use the word BAN maybe you might need to go to his house so he would explain further,  i have been to uk and to germany also i wonder why ur so desperate to go to uk when i and u knw that germany is better infrastructure wise and co, abi u get another thing for mind,  wait till u get german passport,

ciao
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by cerendo: 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2010
i know my case is very much messed up but my brother is in uk and i want to meet him. he is married and he was ill last month and i wanted to see him for a week or two. i also want to keep my profile clean and if suppose i want to transit from uk to a diff country, i cant. there are many problems.
also, if i get german passport, will the ban still apply or i can go to uk anytime.
also, can you please give me info about marriage, if i do a proper marriage with a british or european girl, will i be able to go to uk without the ban issue.

thanks
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by joxiri: 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2010
cerendo
yea i think there is some immigration law that says the 10 year ban does nort apply to family or spouse and children
dont quote me on this I am not entirely sure, but if your brother is a british citizen and he is genuinely ill (most likely terminal) then in the exceptional circumstance and only that you maybe allowed to enter the uk
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by cerendo: 6:56pm On Sep 28, 2010
thank you.
i will also take help from a lawyer and try my best to remove this ban.
i have not been into deception but UK immigration has put blame on me that the papers are not authentic. its not my fault really. i want to get this thing resolved and keep my profile clean so that i can travel anywhere without any problem.
do you know in any case the UK immigration has removed the ban of any person or has grant him visa checking his present history because it is like a imprisonment for something you have not done wrong. and 10 years is a very long period which can spoil a person's life and his credibility.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by johnkent(m): 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2010
cerendo:

thank you.
i will also take help from a lawyer and try my best to remove this ban.
i have not been into deception but UK immigration has put blame on me that the papers are not authentic. its not my fault really. i want to get this thing resolved and keep my profile clean so that i can travel anywhere without any problem.
do you know in any case the UK immigration has removed the ban of any person or has grant him visa checking his present history because it is like a imprisonment for something you have not done wrong. and 10 years is a very long period which can spoil a person's life and his credibility.

Well, this is what happens to folks who use fraudulent documents. They should actually make it a lifetime ban.

I dont see any reason why you desperately want to visit the UK. All these back to back visa applications only raises suspicions and trust me, You WILL NOT be issued any visa until the expiration of the ban.
i guess the other question is, will you be able to enter the UK when u do get a german passport?? well, as an EU citizen, i think they pretty much can't deny you entry but don't quote me on that.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by dayo1401: 10:39pm On Sep 28, 2010
Please help look into my brother situation here,

He applied for visiting last year, while he was in his final year,,but refused
He appealed it and won, was able to get a letter from school stating he wud graduate june 2010

The appeal came in febuaury and he got his visa.

He travelled and came back in june, visa expired august 2010

Now the issue is this,
He has an application pending right now with bhc, a student visa appluication

The transcript he got from the school, stated that the date of award was april 2009

Could that be an issue for him?

He graduated from 07 /08 set, which finished in febuary 2010 because of the strike and stuffs
But their result was issued april 2010, stating that the certificate was awarded april 2009

My question is this, can that in anyway affect anything
Note, he never over stayed
No forged document.
But, there seems to be some discrepancies in the date,
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by kadman(m): 7:13am On Sep 29, 2010
dayo1401:

Please help look into my brother situation here,

He applied for visiting last year, while he was in his final year,,but refused
He appealed it and won, was able to get a letter from school stating he wud graduate june 2010

The appeal came in febuaury and he got his visa.

He travelled and came back in june, visa expired august 2010

Now the issue is this,
He has an application pending right now with bhc, a student visa appluication

The transcript he got from the school, stated that the date of award was april 2009

Could that be an issue for him?

He graduated from 07 /08 set, which finished in febuary 2010 because of the strike and stuffs
But their result was issued april 2010, stating that the certificate was awarded april 2009

My question is this, can that in anyway affect anything
Note, he never over stayed
No forged document.
But, there seems to be some discrepancies in the date,

It's already in their hands so there is nothing more you can do or any advice anyone can give.

I would have said if they come back with a refusal then reapply explaining the situation but, you guys were trying to play smart (I'm not saying you lied) by saying he was still a student in 10.
You could be lucky and they don't notice, or if they do. . You're in for a long thing BHC love cases like this.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by cerendo: 10:15am On Sep 29, 2010
Hi. I understand that my visa applications would be refused until the expiration of the ban, but i want to know if the ban was needed or no? i mean, if my papers were authentic and "they" thought that the papers were not authentic and because they think that false documents were produced, is it my mistake and should i accept the ban? there should be something i can do to prove that no false documents were produced and there is nothing that i can do if they think that papers were not authentic.

i want to meet my brother and his family. i work in germany and i want to live in germnay as i have job here so i cant leave my career. but i want to be free to goto any country on a visit, expecially uk to meet my brother.

another question is, if i do a marriage with a british or european girl in germnay, can i go to uk? can that solve the ban issue?

also, if i adopt a child in uk, will the ban issue be still valid in that case?

thank you.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by umo77: 7:53am On Oct 19, 2010
hello everyone,

very impressive thread, kudos to all. i have a question please. if this 10yr ban is given, will it stop you from going into the US or any other country?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by katowise: 7:52am On Jan 19, 2011
Hello everyone, it is really good having a forum like this where peope help each other with the knowledge that they have. I just need some advice here please,

I got married in 2006 by a british citizen,applied for marrieage visa in 2008 and got it. When I got there we only stayed together for 6months since we had domestic violence issues.I moved out in 2009 apriland looked for a job and we didnt keep contact.December 2009 i travelled to france for xmas,when i was coming back i was stopped at heathrow term5 and asked numerous questions.They were left with my passport waiting to call my husband to clarify our marriage status. I had already applied to go to british army since october 2009 and finished my interviews and ADSC in april 2010. By this time they had found my hubby and he had said that he didnt want anything to do with me,so they cancelled my visa (that was to expire march 2011).I tried applying for visitors visa while there as i wait for allocation in the army but they refused and i was served with removal papers and given 7 days.I was out by the date they had asked me to leave but they paid for my flight back.

Now the British army sent me a letter with my starting date in May and so have to get a visitor's visa to go back and join. My question is the fact that they paid my fare back will this affect my application?Please advise
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 10:50am On Jan 19, 2011
katowise:

Hello everyone, it is really good having a forum like this where peope help each other with the knowledge that they have. I just need some advice here please, I got married in 2006 by a british citizen,applied for marrieage visa in 2008 and got it. When I got there we only stayed together for 6months since we had domestic violence issues.I moved out in 2009 apriland looked for a job and we didnt keep contact.December 2009 i travelled to france for xmas,when i was coming back i was stopped at heathrow term5 and asked numerous questions.They were left with my passport waiting to call my husband to clarify our marriage status. I had already applied to go to british army since october 2009 and finished my interviews and ADSC in april 2010. By this time they had found my hubby and he had said that he didnt want anything to do with me,so they cancelled my visa (that was to expire march 2011).I tried applying for visitors visa while there as i wait for allocation in the army but they refused and i was served with removal papers and given 7 days.I was out by the date they had asked me to leave but they paid for my flight back.
Now the British army sent me a letter with my starting date in May and so have to get a visitor's visa to go back and join. My question is the fact that they paid my fare back will this affect my application?Please advise
I think its 5yrs ban if your ticket cost is picked up by the British govt.
Did the Army send that letter to Nigeria or an address in the UK?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by katowise: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2011
The army sent the letter to me,sorry I am from Kenya only that we dont have a forum like this here. So the letter is with me here but they said they will send a fax to the british high commission if need be. 5 years, wow that will just ruin just about everything!
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2011
katowise:

The army sent the letter to me,sorry I am from Kenya only that we dont have a forum like this here. So the letter is with me here but they said they will send a fax to the british high commission if need be. 5 years, wow that will just ruin just about everything!

Ok, why not ask the army to send u that letter so as to attach it with ur visa application?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by katowise: 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2011
Yes as I have said above,the british army has sent me the letter.It is in my possession and yes that is part of the documents that I will send with my application. The other thing is, should I attach the forms that were served on me when i was removed from UK?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 1:26pm On Jan 19, 2011
katowise:

Yes as I have said above,the british army has sent me the letter.It is in my possession and yes that is part of the documents that I will send with my application. The other thing is, should I attach the forms that were served on me when i was removed from UK?

No, u don't have to, u will indicate that in the form, there will be a question where u are required to disclose any previous immigration prob.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by dancewith: 4:49pm On Jan 19, 2011
katowise:

Hello everyone, it is really good having a forum like this where peope help each other with the knowledge that they have. I just need some advice here please,

I got married in 2006 by a british citizen,applied for marrieage visa in 2008 and got it. When I got there we only stayed together for 6months since we had domestic violence issues.I moved out in 2009 apriland looked for a job and we didnt keep contact.December 2009 i travelled to france for xmas,when i was coming back i was stopped at heathrow term5 and asked numerous questions.They were left with my passport waiting to call my husband to clarify our marriage status. I had already applied to go to british army since october 2009 and finished my interviews and ADSC in april 2010. By this time they had found my hubby and he had said that he didnt want anything to do with me,so they cancelled my visa (that was to expire march 2011).I tried applying for visitors visa while there as i wait for allocation in the army but they refused and i was served with removal papers and given 7 days.I was out by the date they had asked me to leave but they paid for my flight back.

I think you are in a good position. It was not your fault the marriage didn't work. Since you are applying for a work permit, especially as it relates to the BAF, they are usually considered under a different set of immigration law. e.g. if you had a child while in the BAF, the child is British even if you don't have ILR, which is a must for those not in the military before their children can be born British. Such exception abound for those in the armed forces and you have a fair chance of getting the visa irrespective of the previous issues

But you must detail the incident in a letter supporting your application

Good luck
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by katowise: 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2011
Thank you very much dancewith, I do have faith that there is a good chance,my only worry was the fact that my fare back was paid for by the government, sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information / 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.