Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre (5888 Views)

Filling Stations In Awka Sell Petrol For N250 Per Litre / Kachikwu Brokers IPMAN Peace Deal / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Abagworo(m): 6:56am On Jan 21, 2013
LAGOS — THE Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, IPMAN, Eastern Zone, has said that it was not possible to sell Premium Motor Spirit, PMS, otherwise known as petrol, at the government approved N97 per litre in the South-East.

The association said this was because it buys the product at N105 from private tank owners.

The zonal acting chairman, Mr. Chukwudi Ezinwa, stated this, weekend, in Calabar, Cross River State. Speaking on the state of the petroleum sector, Ezinwa lamented that only three of the 21 depots in Nigeria were functioning but at below 50 per cent capacity.

He said: “We cannot sell N97 per litre while we are buying at N105 from private tank owners, pay transport and other loading expenses. It cannot work.”

However, the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG, through its Acting General Secretary, Mr. Isaac Aberare, has expressed shock at the statement.

Abarere who spoke to Vanguard, said it was a challenge on the Federal Government to rise up to its responsibilities to the citizens and ensure that PMS remained at the official price of N97.00 nationwide.
Illegal activities of private tank owners IPMAN also called on the government to check the illegal activities of private tank owners, who he said were fleecing its members, saying plans were underway for it to meet with relevant government institutions including the National Assembly to demand for proper action against the alleged illegal activities.

He dismissed rumours that his members were hoarding products, declaring that “IPMAN does not own refineries or depots, so we cannot hoard products to suffer Nigerians .You cannot give what you do not have.”

Ezinwa said that part of the problems of fuel scarcity was that the country currently has 21 oil depots across the country but only three were working, although, at below 50 per cent capacity.

He advocated for the involvement of state governments in the security of oil pipelines that pass through their domains, saying the take-over of monitoring and securing of oil pipelines in their domains was the best way of curbing crude oil vandalism and oil theft in the country.

He added that “IPMAN is ready to partner with them in this regard and this will go a long way to reducing vandalism of pipelines and oil theft by unscrupulous elements in the country.”

IPMAN not against removal of oil subsidy
Ezinwa also said that IPMAN was not against removal of oil subsidy by the Federal Government, but that government should put in place measures that would make it work.

He said: “What we are saying is that, before you remove subsidy, you must put in place necessary measures to make it work.

And one of the conditions was that all the refineries and government depots must work at full capacity.”

He said that removal of oil subsidy without government refineries or government depots working was capable of creating social insecurity and confusion in Nigeria.

NUPENG expresses shock
According to Acting General Secretary of NUPENG, Mr. Aberare, if IMPAN was saying members could no longer sell at official price at N97.00 in the South-East, it meant that they were getting the product higher than N97. He declared however that if the subsidy regime could not address their concern, then, something was wrong with subsidy regime.

Aberare said: “If they are saying they can no longer sell at the official price of N97, it means they are sourcing the product at a very high rate. In that case, we call on government to live up to its responsibilities to the Nigerian citizens and make the product available to Nigerians nationwide at the official price.

“Another issue is what happens to the subsidy regime? Does it not cover those in the South-East? We know the government has issues with subsidy regime especially payment of subsidy claims to marketers.

This should not be an excuse to inflict pains on a section of the country because they are only talking about South-East.

“Whatever the reasons that are making IPMAN members to come out and say they can no longer sell at N97 should be addressed by the appropriate agencies as soon as possible.

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, that has continued to boast that there will not be scarcity of product, should ensure that the people of the South-East do not suffer unnecessarily.”

N97 is official pump price, DPR insists
Meanwhile, a source from the Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, insisted that N97 was the official pump price for PMS, adding that it was an offence for anybody to sell above the official rate.

The source said: “The issue is a supply issue and we are trying to see why most of the depots are not selling at the government controlled price.”

Vanguard also gathered that the DPR has scheduled a meeting tomorrow with IPMAN and depot owners to discuss the matter after which the agency would come out with an official position.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/we-cant-sell-petrol-at-n97-per-litre-ipman/
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Okijajuju1(m): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2013
ok
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by luvola(m): 9:20am On Jan 21, 2013
we don hear
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by babarazy: 9:22am On Jan 21, 2013
what difference does it make?. I've been buying it at the rates of N120 since last year and am used to it.
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 21, 2013
unserious bunch. all the illegal subsidy money nko?
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by hrmkz: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2013
Honest Leaders we need...
Honest Leaders we want...
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by igbeke: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2013
nawa o, i tot d president told us sometime in January 2012 during d fuel subsidy saga, dat by 2013, our refinaries would hav bn fixed and new ones built.
shud we continue to hope?

3 Likes

Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by carslease: 9:30am On Jan 21, 2013
Ok no wahala...na God save una say na Mumu President we get for Naija!
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Pray(m): 9:42am On Jan 21, 2013
Wea are waiting!!!!!!
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by alphaconde(m): 9:47am On Jan 21, 2013
I don't have a problem with price of petrol my biggest problem is when will one litre of petrol be one standard litre of petrol. Why will 20ltrs of petrol not fill a 20ltr jerry can to the brim?
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by hydoo(m): 9:48am On Jan 21, 2013
Ok,,,na mumu president.2015 I dream
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Exponental(m): 9:59am On Jan 21, 2013
alpha conde: I don't have a problem with price of petrol my biggest problem is when will one litre of petrol be one standard litre of petrol. Why will 20ltrs of petrol not fill a 20ltr jerry can to the brim?
I understand that most filling stations have fraudulent acts but almost all of d jerrycans are not of d exact specifications. Also, jerrycans are liable to expansion after a period of time. Also, Plastics/metals are elastic in nature with temperature.
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Bishop4bella(m): 10:11am On Jan 21, 2013
Nigerians adapt to all situations wit no protest. If u like inflate d price to N200 per liter, Nigerians wit buy it.
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:11am On Jan 21, 2013
I need a fresh air.What about you?
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Bishop4bella(m): 10:11am On Jan 21, 2013
Nigerians adapt to all situations wit no protest. If u like inflate d price to N200 per liter, Nigerians will buy it.
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 21, 2013
Exponental:
I understand that most filling stations have fraudulent acts but almost all of d jerrycans are not of d exact specifications. Also, jerrycans are liable to expansion after a period of time. Also, Plastics/metals are elastic in nature with temperature.
u dey sale fuel? Tell ur poeple mek dem stop to dey frustrate gov efforts to beta dis our cntry o. Na 40 per liter we want
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Sattie: 10:18am On Jan 21, 2013
We can't continue like this. We need to do something to save Nigeria.....

Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by yomalex(m): 10:27am On Jan 21, 2013
I bought at N97 this morning (Ibadan).
Correct measurement is what I can not say
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by afrikanns: 10:32am On Jan 21, 2013
igbeke: nawa o, i tot d president told us sometime in January 2012 during d fuel subsidy saga, dat by 2013, our refinaries would hav bn fixed and new ones built.
shud we continue to hope?

Yap continue to be pessimistic
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by sewuun(m): 10:34am On Jan 21, 2013
why can't we just have a hitch-free year without this petrol saga i know GEj only concern is the increase in petroleum more money empty promise cos he can't predict what 2015 will be for him.
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by igbeke: 10:48am On Jan 21, 2013
afrikanns:

Yap continue to be pessimistic
no! optimistic, my friend.
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by AVWENAGHA: 11:02am On Jan 21, 2013
Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. Our server is overwhelmed.
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Exponental(m): 11:22am On Jan 21, 2013
chiover: u dey sale fuel? Tell ur poeple mek dem stop to dey frustrate gov efforts to beta dis our cntry o. Na 40 per liter we want
I be end user like u ooo. If we see truth make we talk am, na wetin dey bother him mind me say make i help solve.
BTW, Good filling stations type figures on their machines cos they dont want 2 lose. All those who dont type are dubious. When u ask 4 1000 worth n they sell 1001.56, do u think they just lost 1.56 on every car? NO! There is something fishy about it!!
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Opoki(m): 11:38am On Jan 21, 2013
Soon, the PMS price will soar to #150, what we need is Revolution and the earlier the better!

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by begwong: 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
yomalex: I bought at N97 this morning (Ibadan).
Correct measurement is what I can not say
I guess that shd be a MEGA station?
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
This is the reason why I insist that we haven't seen (or heard) the last of this subsidy wahala. Subsidy (on importation) will eventually have to go. My concern, however, is why government continues to insist on subsidy removal when what is really needed is a SHIFT in subsidy from those who import to those who produce. Why not subsidize those willing to build refineries? Better still, why not compel the oil majors (Shell, Chevron and co) to build refineries in the country? Why must the final burden be shifted to the common man?

I'm not sure these guys are serious yet. undecided
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
Na wa o! na so we go dey?
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by palugycolina(m): 1:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
Abdul Adam56: I need a fresh air.What about you?

Me i need a visa to the USA

Nigeria which way..
Re: IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
Exponental:
I be end user like u ooo. If we see truth make we talk am, na wetin dey bother him mind me say make i help solve.
BTW, Good filling stations type figures on their machines cos they dont want 2 lose. All those who dont type are dubious. When u ask 4 1000 worth n they sell 1001.56, do u think they just lost 1.56 on every car? NO! There is something fishy about it!!
. But how on earth dem kari len hw to dey alter metre? The regulatory agencies no dey monitor dem?

(1) (Reply)

The Untold Story Of The Nigerian Presidential Air Fleet / Speechless!!! See Shocking Roads & Bridges Located In Ebonyi State(photos) / What Biafrans Will Never Tell You About The Real Cause Of Their Woes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.