Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 (4109 Views)

How I Bought A Domain Name For $10 And Resold It At $550 / OLX Has Acquired Tradestable? / Lagbook Acquires Top-level Domain Name Naijabook [dot] Com For $10,000 USD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by goldenval(m): 6:58am On Jan 21, 2013
I saw Lagbook listed for $30,000 via fliippa last month I was asking myself who would buy such site for $30k but just this morning, I later noticed the site was sold for $10,000. https://flippa.com/2867569-pr-4-social-network-with-750k-registered-members-124k-uniques-mo-making-693-mo

Congrats to them but who knows what will be their next starterUp
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by Ecash1: 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2013
Serious, I wonder what the users will feel.
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by Afam4eva(m): 3:38pm On Jan 26, 2013
It's only in NIgeria that people buy websites from themselves.

5 Likes

Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by Ecash1: 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2013
Afam4eva: It's only in NIgeria that people buy websites from themselves.

@ Afan4eva , Do you know something I dont know?, guess I will have to log in to my flippa account.

I hope this is not another scam like the one before,
https://www.nairaland.com/1104354/lagbook-acquires-top-level-domain-name
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by mrcrome: 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
i dont believe this..

i logged into my flippa account. and the bids doesn't seem normal..

Bidder 1 $10,000 6 days ago This is an abnormal bid
Bidder 2 $5,250 12 days ago
Bidder 3 $5,200 21 days ago
Bidder 2 $5,100 22 days ago
Bidder 4 $5,050 25 days ago
Bidder 5 $5,000

i think they did this for publicity stunt grin

1 Like

Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by Slyr0x: 6:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
@OP,

People like you make it extremely hard for Nigerians to conduct legit transactions on the WWW with all these cheap publicity scams y'al are trynna pull.

A comment on the flippa site

Anyone thinking of purchasing this site should seriously look at the members list. 99.9% of them are spam sign ups and NOT REAL members. Just look at http://www.lagbook.com/people/page/36047
Its all spam, this site is all fake.
There are so many other things wrong about it.

. .and another comment

Good luck overcoming a natural scepticism on doing business with anything to do with Nigeria.
Unfortunately your country has a reputation for fraud
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by Javanian: 6:49pm On Jan 27, 2013
@slyrox you are the one allowing this bullshit...if this happened in my section i would have deleted the thread and banned the o.p. at first sight.

Someone did this on my board few days ago and....

https://www.nairaland.com/1172471/mobile-application

1 Like

Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by Slyr0x: 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
^^^

I get your point ma'am but I can not ban the OP/lock the thread as he hasn't broken any rule(s).

1 Like

Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by Javanian: 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
L.M.A.O

First of all LAGBook acquires Top level domain for $10,000

then few months later...

LAGBook is sold for thesame $10,000

una no sabi lie self grin

@slyr0x please damn the rules and move this thread to the JOKE section thats where it belongs...
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by DualCore1: 11:48pm On Jan 27, 2013
Dont close such treads o abeg. For some of us with zero social life, threads like this keep us entertained during the 10-15 minute brain breaks between coding sessions. Leave am abeg.
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by miracle4(m): 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
Dual Core: Dont close such treads o abeg. For some of us with zero social life, threads like this keep us entertained during the 10-15 minute brain breaks between coding sessions. Leave am abeg.
lol
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by goldenval(m): 7:16am On Jan 29, 2013
Nigerians and their low mentality. So many of you here claimed to be educated people without having some common sense on your brain before judging someone.

I have been a member of nairaland since 2008 and I don't post something I'm not sure of please. ( You can check some of my posters here for a proof)

Lagbook was listed for sale via flippa and the guy asked for $50,000 which resulted some buyers to mocked the owner but after 2weeks or so, I went back and checked but at that time, the site was already sold for $10,000.

Someone claimed here, how can a bidder goes up to $10,000, I hv sold 5 websites already via flippa and there is what is called, "Private bid" which means, if you offer to sell your site like $60,000 and other bidders might be biddding less than $3000, one serious bidder will contact you privately and negotiate with you like $15000 to $20,000 and if the offer is acceptable by you, you can ask him to bid and end the auction!.

Let me give you an example. I launched JustRetweet.com Nov 2011 and I sold the site via flippa June 2012 @ $20800, here is the link https://flippa.com/2796287-established-social-media-marketing-site-is-up-for-sale-no-hard-work-required Check the 3 bidders and you will see he was the only highest bidders. Why? Because he negotiated with me privately because I was asking for $30,000 when I listed the site.

Here is another proof of one of my blog that sold via flippa. This buyer is from America and he even wrote this article regarding this transaction and some fear of doing business with Nigerians. Take a look http://sweatingthebigstuff.com/a-nigerian-scam-could-be-a-legitimate-transaction/ now I have lots of clients doing business with me despite I'm from Nigeria.

So please Nairalanders, you people need to open your eyes and stop doubting things you are not sure of.

Like that silly gurl @Javanian that was saying about banning the poster, just take a good look at yourself, I think you need to grow up and stop banning people that came here to express themselves.

Seun need to review your moderating work here because you have been a member since Apirl 2012 which means you don't qualified to handle a work as a moderator here and your attitude sucks as a lady.

I do moderating work via Bizsugar.com since 3years and I know how to ban some certain posters there unlike here.

Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by mrcrome: 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
@goldenval

Your account have been suspended of flippa......lol.

Guy talk something else.
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by mrcrome: 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
I am flippa 24hrs and i have seen how people bid..

Your bids looks like scam..
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by DualCore1: 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
Very entertaining. smiley
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by goldenval(m): 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2013
mrcrome: @goldenval

Your account have been suspended of flippa......lol.

Guy talk something else.

I hate repeating myself to someone ppl who doesn't understand anything about online business. I'm making millions of naira every 2months and I have been doing this business since 5years now.

Now to answer this question regarding the suspended of the account. I have so many accounts via flippa, if I have a website like example, goldenval.com and if I wanna sell it via flippa, I will simply register new account using goldenval there. So when I sold JustRetweet.com, I used Justretweet as a user name and when the site was sold, flippa asked for a success fees which is around $1200 and the buyer didn't pay some of it and I too didn't accept to pay and they suspended the account thinking I will still use the same JustRetweet account to sell another site there.

for your information, I no longer own JustRetweet.com, visit the blog and see the new owner called Chris.

Thanks and I don't think I will waste my time answering any other questions because I don't have time for jokers and some people using nairaland is a kid who still living with their parent.
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by goldenval(m): 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
mrcrome: I am flippa 24hrs and i have seen how people bid..

Your bids looks like scam..

Lmao!!!, how pathetic some people can be, you said you have been at flippa since 24hrs, then decided to say my bids looks scam. I have a question, is it possible for someone to bid on his own business that he listed there?, is not possible because the site founders are from Australia and not nigeria where someone can play games when doing business online.

I have been a member there since 3years now and I know how the site works.

I will advice you to stop wasting your time there and go look for serious job to do and be useful to your family and nigeria entirely.

thanks
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by mrkels(m): 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
@Goldenval, dude or madame what the hell is wrong with you? why in the world would you sell that kind of goldmine?
Geez...Or am i missing something here? Im talking about justretweet...
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by mrkels(m): 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
Javanian: L.M.A.O

First of all LAGBook acquires Top level domain for $10,000

then few months later...

LAGBook is sold for thesame $10,000

una no sabi lie self grin

@slyr0x please damn the rules and move this thread to the JOKE section thats where it belongs...

So who bought it from them? Is it some american who didnt pay heed to the warnings on the flippa site or they bought it from themselves hoping to sell it at a higher price months or years from now?
Lord know im super confused right now...
Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by goldenval(m): 11:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
mrkels: @Goldenval, dude or madame what the hell is wrong with you? why in the world would you sell that kind of goldmine?
Geez...Or am i missing something here? Im talking about justretweet...

I sold JustRetweet because I heard twitter will soon change their api which they later changed it around OCT last year which affected every sites that integrated with them.

Also my developer is not from Nigeria, I had a big problem with him because he went and launched wedoretweet.com which means he copied all my work and ideas and when I found out, I decided to let go of the site.

I was even luck because the founder of this site easyretweet.com was even affected too which he later sold his site via flippa at $13000 only. ( Note, the buy negotiated with him and bought the site out of flippa without ending the auction) so what I am trying to say is this, I don't have any regret selling the site or even selling all my sites because I build and re-sell them for profit smiley

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: America Business Man Acquired Lagbook.com For $10,000 by Justmestunner(m): 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
goldenval:
I sold JustRetweet because I heard twitter will soon change their api which they later changed it around OCT last year which affected every sites that integrated with them.
Also my developer is not from Nigeria, I had a big problem with him because he went and launched wedoretweet.com which means he copied all my work and ideas and when I found out, I decided to let go of the site.
I was even luck because the founder of this site easyretweet.com was even affected too which he later sold his site via flippa at $13000 only. ( Note, the buy negotiated with him and bought the site out of flippa without ending the auction) so what I am trying to say is this, I don't have any regret selling the site or even selling all my sites because I build and re-sell them for profit smiley
Thanks.

i must say, i like the way you drop your points, very clear and simply, the reason why Nigeria is not growing as fast as it should be growing is all because we think everything is fake, i don't want to say much, but thumbs up man

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging / It's Hard For Me To Live As An Upcoming Blogger. Why? / How much does it cost to design a website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.