Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging (4117 Views)

Which Content Aggregrator Website To Submit Blog URL / Pls Which Option Is Better For Blogging / I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by obawinner(m): 7:49am On Jun 21, 2017
which content management system is good for blogging apart from wordpress? please include the disadvantages of the best one. thanks
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by bedfordng(m): 9:31am On Jun 21, 2017
obawinner:
which content management system is good for blogging apart from wordpress?
please include the disadvantages of the best one.
thanks
its either WordPress or blogger . others are mostly used for companies website such as joomla and drupal

2 Likes

Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by oswaggiee(m): 10:39am On Jun 21, 2017
WORDPRESS
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by PulseWeb: 10:40am On Jun 21, 2017
wordpress is KING wink wink
obawinner:
thanks
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Julius2214(m): 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
bedfordng:
its either WordPress or blogger . others are mostly used for companies website such as joomla and drupal
Blogger is not a CMS
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 22, 2017
I dont Know ,but i know WordPress is most commonly used , and that is what we use here at http://www.gadgetsng.com/
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by nototribalist: 7:12am On Jun 22, 2017
PHP script is better
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by MisterGrace: 7:13am On Jun 22, 2017
nototribalist:
PHP script is better

What is this one saying? Is PHP a CMS? You know nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by OpssonD1: 7:14am On Jun 22, 2017
For a start, go for blogger. When you get the hang of it and feel like expanding and getting more features, Go for WordPress. Finally when you get to a level where you feel you should be the boss and have absolute control over EVERYTHING, go for any PHP framework.

1 Like

Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Flexherbal(m): 7:15am On Jun 22, 2017
gadgetsngs:
I dont Know ,but i know WordPress is most commonly used , and that is what we use here at http://www.gadgetsng.com/
Good!
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by nototribalist: 7:16am On Jun 22, 2017
MisterGrace:

What is this one saying?
and so

Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by miketayo(m): 7:17am On Jun 22, 2017
Apart from wordpress it's Blogger
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by miketayo(m): 7:17am On Jun 22, 2017
Apart from wordpress it's
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Afam4eva(m): 7:17am On Jun 22, 2017
obawinner:
thanks
Do you want to experiment just for the heck of it because i can drop names for you. But if you're ooking for the best, look no further than Wordpress. no blog CMS comes close.
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Drabrah(m): 7:20am On Jun 22, 2017
bedfordng:

nototribalist:
PHP script is better

grin grin grin

Back in d days we call those "purulent stuff" / "corpora emesis"
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by ibietela2(m): 7:22am On Jun 22, 2017
You can test Drupal and Joomla..... There are others but you might lack quality support.
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 22, 2017
oswaggiee:
WORDPRESS

The last time i used blogger was 3 years back.
Does it now allow u to get ful control like embedding videos,creating super,sub links/menus and modding the site dynamically?
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by leksmedia: 7:45am On Jun 22, 2017
There are other forms of CMS but for flexibility, comfort and easy to use , people prefer WordPress. WordPress is still your best bet
For your website design , online branding ,blog design , social media management , Ecommerce visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

1 Like

Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by CosmicJames(m): 7:59am On Jun 22, 2017
After WordPress, the next best option is Blogger. WordPress is the most popular and best CMS platform in the world.

WordPress is the engine I'm using to power www.kikimat.com

A social network that is still in beta which will soon have a marketplace and allow people to create their own stores and sell on the site just like they do on Amazon and eBay.

What you can do with WordPress is unlimited.
With over 46.000 plugins, there is nothing you can't do with WordPress as far as blogging is concerned.

I think we are in love with blogger in Nigeria. But WordPress is the real deal.
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 22, 2017
WordPress is a no go area for someone without a stable white collar job. How can sombori be paying thousands of naira every month for common hosting not to talk of even security yet! Because Blogger is free that's why it ain't up to standard yet. If we were to pay for it like WordPress I think it would have better services to render.
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by CosmicJames(m): 8:28am On Jun 22, 2017
CocoBee:
WordPress is a no go area for someone without a stable white collar job. How can sombori be paying thousands of naira every month for common hosting not to talk of even security yet! Because Blogger is free that's why it ain't up to standard yet. If we were to pay for it like WordPress I think it would have better services to render.
I think you are getting it all wrong or being miss informed.
You don't pay thousands of Naira every month to host your WordPress site.

How much do you think I'm paying to host my baby project aka www.kikimat.com now that we are just starting?

This whole thing is a gradual process. You start small, pay less than N1k/month to host your site and grow big. It is only when you might have grown big like Nairaland that you start paying high for hosting. And by that time, you are already making enough money from the site.

You can continue to use blogger as long as you are not ready to start your own real biz.
The options are always there for you to choose. But I will advise you choose wisely and always and get the right information

1 Like

Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by GoodMuyis(m): 8:32am On Jun 22, 2017
After wordpress is wordpress no other else, wordpress had even over-grown it purpose, you can even use it to design a rubbost ecommerce platform, Business Directory, Classified ads site, and many more

But in case you need free Hosting am giving out free hosting space for your wordpress hosting

GoodMuyis:
Features
=>Unlimited Bandwidth (unmetered)
=>10Gb Disk Space
=>2 MySQL Database
=>1 FTP Account
=> 10 Months Free Hosting
=> Hosting Coy: Arvixe

Drop You domain and email here if you are interested, I will be picking 5 lucky people Weekly on this Thread
If I have done something good for you Buy me GLO Card, Thank You.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR DOMAIN IS REGISTERED
You can get domain for N1150 on garanntor.ng

Also Coming Soon 50/50 Free Hosting Space

Courtesy HostDaddy.com.ng

Apply Here https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=3826889&post=56973289
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by akinlex(m): 8:34am On Jun 22, 2017
CocoBee:
really? you mean it?
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by sonofmanj3(m): 8:54am On Jun 22, 2017
How can you turn ur to just a dot Com without the showing and how much does it cost
http://truebelieversnow..com.ng/
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 22, 2017
WordPress is better but blogger is cool.
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by SConnect: 9:10am On Jun 22, 2017
obawinner:
thanks

WordPress is always widely recommended.

Just incase, you may be interested in a Reliable Web Hosting Provider for your WordPress website.

Our unlimited web hosting package is the best, it's super fast and very stable backed with a 100% Uptime Guarantee.

Unlimited Web Space
Unlimited Monthly Bandwidth
Free Unlimited SSL Certificates
Free Automatic Daily Backup
100% Uptime Guarantee
Fully supports Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, SMF, etc
FREE Softaculous Auto Installer
FREE Website Transfer
London, UK Data-center

Starting at ₦2700 First Year using Promo Code: 50%OFFUNLIMITED
Payments Accepted via Bitcoin, PerfectMoney, PayPal, Naira MasterCard/Verve/Visa & GTBank Internet Banking

Why You Should Host Your Website With Us
UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH/TRAFFIC
At SpeedyConnect.net, worrying about the bandwidth/traffic consumption of your shared hosting account is a thing of the past as each of our shared hosting packages has Unlimited bandwidth/traffic.

WE ARE NOT RESELLERS
We own and manage all our servers, This allows us to pass on very competitive lowest cost prices unto our customers.

24/7/365 CUSTOMER SUPPORT
We are always here to serve you 24/7/365 (Day and Night) via Live Chat, Ticket.

100% UPTIME GUARANTEE
We hate downtime just as much as you do. We guarantee your website a rock solid 100% uptime, which means your website will be online always.

LOW PRICE GUARANTEE
Our Hosting prices are very cheap and include an extensive list of features including UNLIMITED web space, UNLIMITED bandwidth, and If you know of any host offering same features at a lower price, just contact us and we will beat it.

FREE AUTOMATIC DAILY BACKUP
Your data are automatically backed up daily and stored in multiple backup servers at no extra cost. Sleep well knowing your data is in safe hands.

YOU BENEFIT FROM HIGH QUALITY SERVICES
We utilize only High spec Intel Xeon CPU's, Enterprise SATA's & SSD's, fully redundant premium network, 1Gbps Uplink and lot's more.

----------
Follow us on Social Media:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedyconnect
Facebook: https://facebook.com/speedyconnect.net
Instagram: https://instagram.com/speedyconnect_net
------------

Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by nisimi09: 9:17am On Jun 22, 2017
WordPress is better because it is 100% customizable. Don't forget there's free. hosting too.
you can contact me for your blog, websites, e-commerce, business proposal, business plan at affordable prices. 08134016691. nisimimike@yahoo.com
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by bakingsoda: 9:20am On Jun 22, 2017
WordPress
Squarespace
The Grid

These 3 are all superb but for finance, I will suggest the self hosted WordPress, that is, wordpress.org
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 22, 2017
CosmicJames:

I think you are getting it all wrong or being miss informed.
You don't pay thousands of Naira every month to host your WordPress site.

How much do you think I'm paying to host my baby project aka www.kikimat.com now that we are just starting?

This whole thing is a gradual process. You start small, pay less than N1k/month to host your site and grow big. It is only when you might have grown big like Nairaland that you start paying high for hosting. And by that time, you are already making enough money from the site.

You can continue to use blogger as long as you are not ready to start your own real biz.
The options are always there for you to choose. But I will advise you choose wisely and always and get the right information

N1k/month? Hope it's not a Nigerian web hosting company, I visited WordPress.org the other time to see if I could create a site with them. My chest started paining me when I realised To host a site on host gator is around 5-7k or so. After your first discount. Then I say where you're to pay a ridiculous amount of dollars for 100 visits per month unlimited bandwidth and bla blah.. Moreover I think if you want to blog just as a hobby, or want to make money from after 3years. . go for Blogger. And you're talking about Real biz, I thought Linda was on blogger.. And has 50% shares of blogging. Lol.
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 22, 2017
after wordpress, its wordpress. the bad side of using free blogging platform is that one demon can just report your blog for copyright infringement and poof, your blog will be suspended. this hurts when youve gained a considerable amount of traffic.
Linda ikeji's blog got shut down too in the past because of one idiiot that said he was trying to get her attention

(1) (2) (Reply)

It's Hard For Me To Live As An Upcoming Blogger. Why? / How much does it cost to design a website / Reasons Why A Blog Is Important For Your Career And Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.