Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,027 members, 7,821,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Is There Life After Death? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Life After Death? (3861 Views)

Is There Life After Death? / At Last , Scientists Prove Life After Death / Do You Believe In Life After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2005
Prophets and messengers who claim to be giving us the teachings from God to us (such as Buddha, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Guru Nanak, etc.) have laid the foundations for the world's major religions.  They have all given us a teaching that there is an afterlife and our souls go there after we die.

If one does not wish to believe that Jesus Christ, Mohammed, etc. were telling us the truth about life after death, then they are left to account for their messages by one or more of the following: (1) they were suffering from some serious psychological disorder, (2) were manipulated by aliens, and/or (3) masterminded such a grand deception, the likes of which the world has never seen, for some  motive or benefit which is unclear.http://lifeafterdeath.info/
Let discuss this issue in depth with our own culture if possible
Babatude (Returned Father), Iyabo( mother returned from beyond) and similar names in other lands are these evidences of Life after death?
Re: Is There Life After Death? by trisha: 1:03pm On Dec 19, 2005
the only life after death will be durint the resurrection
Re: Is There Life After Death? by trisha: 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2005
the only life after death will be during the resurrection
Re: Is There Life After Death? by dablessed(f): 1:15am On Dec 28, 2005
Yes there is.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 10:07am On Dec 28, 2005
How about re - incanation?
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 10:32am On Dec 28, 2005
Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; and before you were born I consecrated you, and I appointed you a prophet to the nations" (Jeremiah 1:45).

This passage clearly suggests that Jeremiah existed in a non-earthly part of Creation before he was conceived. This is to say that pre-existence is acknowledged by the Scriptures and that human beings do not come into existence only at birth. If we existed before birth, does that period of existence include, or can it include, a time on earth?
http://www.cinemaseekers.com/Christ/reincarnation.html
Re: Is There Life After Death? by nferyn(m): 10:47am On Dec 28, 2005
Hnd-holder:

[SNIP]
The temporal lobe in the brain is the area where NDE's are experienced. If one doesn't believe we have a soul, then you are stuck trying to explain why we have an area of our brain which allows us to experience an NDE. Some will say it is there from an evolutionary standpoint to ease a person through the dying process. But this cannot be so because there is no survival advantage to thinking that you are leaving your body at the point of death. Possibly it is an advantage to people witnessing the death since the dying person will not appear to be struggling, although just prior to experiencing the NDE, the person is for visible practical purposes, already dead. Still this is not a trait that could be passed on in any preferential way.
Another God-of-the-Gaps argument? Sigh...
1. Evolution only gives an appearance of design. Many features of speciments have no apparant functions. NDE can be a byproduct of the lack of oxygen in the brain. There's the weird practice of strangulation sex that apparently brings a deeper climax because of lack of oxygen in the brain.
2. We know currently very little of how the brain functions in normal circumstances, let alone extraordinary circumstances. The prudent thing to do in such a case is just to say we don't know instead of trying to find explanations that are even further away from reality.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 11:07am On Dec 28, 2005
Searching for life after death moved to Re incanation.
Biblical account and Philosophical Critique of Reincarnation since medical account will not help me.
Reincarnation and karma supposedly supply the answers to the difficult dilemmas of the evil and suffering that we see. I believe that this is one of the reasons why reincarnation is so popular, and increasingly so in the West

Quoting from Raymond Buckland again, we see him stating a similar position:
http://www.apologeticsinfo.org/papers/critiquereincarnation.html#N_28_

Why should one be born crippled, another fit and strong?  if not because we must all eventually experience all things...In the Witchcraft belief, then, one lifetime's experiences are not dependent on the previous one's. For example, if you suffer physical abuse in this life, it does not necessarily mean that you were an abuser in your previous life. It is possible you were, yes. But it is just as possible that you were not but are going to be in the next life. In other words, it is a case of experiencing all things--being both the abuser and the abusee, but one is not necessarily dependent on the other. Several lifetimes could even take place between the one experience and its apparent correlative.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by lifexpress(m): 10:23am On Jan 01, 2006
Yes indeed and there is so much evidence of this in traditional African society, such as in the names of newborns who come back to life here from someplace off course.
However there is a more direct way to know:
1. To visit a dead relative and discuss past and current issues in your own or their lives.
2. Do the Prayer of HU, pronounced as the word hue in a long drawn out melody for 20minutes before bedtime.
[HU is a sacred name for God; refer Allah-HU and HU-Alleluiah. You sing it as a song of love for God to connect to the Holy Spirit]
Re: Is There Life After Death? by nicetohave(m): 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2006
There is life after death, but i prefer to call it life after life because death (of the physical body) is merely a transition phase into the next life..........so it could either be life after life (if you have peace with God) or death after life (if you do not have peace with God), what it will be is yours to make the choice.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 10:29am On Jan 03, 2006
I
lifexpress:

Yes indeed and there is so much evidence of this in traditional African society, such as in the names of newborns who come back to life here from someplace off course.
However there is a more direct way to know:
1. To visit a dead relative and discuss past and current issues in your own or their lives.
2. Do the Prayer of HU, pronounced as the word hue in a long drawn out melody for 20minutes before bedtime.
[HU is a sacred name for God; refer Allah-HU and HU-Alleluiah. You sing it as a song of love for God to connect to the Holy Spirit]
I love that HU song of ecks, Please give detailed view
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 10:39am On Jan 03, 2006
nicetohave:

There is life after death, but i prefer to call it life after life because death (of the physical body) is merely a transition phase into the next life..........so it could either be life after life (if you have peace with God) or death after life (if you do not have peace with God), what it will be is yours to make the choice.

Sir What is life after this life I need to know is it not same as life after death.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 11:08am On Jan 03, 2006
From STEPHEN LAMPE's Book "The Christian and Reincarnation  claimed to have drawn his knowledge from     "In the Light of Truth: The Grail Message" by Abd-ru-shin said in

[b]CHAPTER 9
BIBLE ACCOUNTS THAT SUGGEST REINCARNATION

What is of great relevance to reincarnation is a statement provided by Matthew in the account of this incident:

And if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah who is to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. (Matthew 11:14-15).

And if you are willing to understand what I, mean, he is Elijah, the one the prophets said would come. And if ever you were willing to listen, listen now! (Matthew 11:14-15, The Living New Testament).

Here in a clear language, the writer of Matthew says that John the Baptist is the reincarnation of Elijah. As we have already discussed, the Jewish people were expecting Elijah to reincarnate "before the coming of the great and terrible day of the Lord." It is clear from his Gospel that Matthew firmly believed that the time of Jesus Christ was the "great and terrible day of the Lord." For this reason he could state, without any hesitation, that John the Baptist was the reincarnation of Elijah.

Please note that John the Baptist was conceived and born as a baby by Elizabeth, the wife of Zechariah. He did not appear on the scene as an adult, as would be expected if a mere return of the physical body of Elijah was what happened.

By this statement, the author of the Gospel according to Matthew makes two points: first, reincarnation is a fact; second, Elijah reincarnated as John the Baptist.
[/color][color=#990000]

But they also remembered the teaching of the Scribes (presumably based on the prophecy recorded in Malachi 4:5) that Elijah must come before the Messiah. Hence, they, sought clarification from Jesus. They asked "Why do the scribes say that first Elijah must come?" In answer, Jesus is reported to have said:

But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they pleased (Matthew 17:12).

But I tell you that Elijah has come, and they did to him whatever they pleased, as it is written of him (Mark 9:13).

The two statements are substantially the same. And they show Jesus as confirming the truth of the prophecy

that Elijah would reincarnate, and stating that Elijah had, in fact, already reincarnated. But Jesus does not reveal the identity of the reincarnated Elijah.

Matthew goes on to add a statement that is not in Mark: 'Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist" (Matthew 17:13). This is a repetition of the view of the author of this Gospel that John the Baptist was a reincarnation of Elijah (Matthew 11: 14 15). Matthew gives the impression here that this view was also held by the three disciples - Peter, James, and John - who were in the company of Jesus on the occasion of the Transfiguration.
[/b]
Is it  right to think that he speak of the Life after this life?
Re: Is There Life After Death? by nicetohave(m): 11:38am On Jan 03, 2006
Hnd-holder:

Sir What is life after this life I need to know is it not same as life after death.

yes they are the same in the context of what we are discussing, as i said death as we know it is not a permanent state, but a transition phase from one life to life another life (eternal) or from one life to actual death (eternal too) so i prefer calling it life after life or death after life; and not life after death
Re: Is There Life After Death? by lifexpress(m): 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2006
Thank U, HnD-holder kiss,
You ask for details about the HU song of ECKists, members of Eckankar - www.eckankar.org/whatis.html rolleyes
Actually HU, is a very sacred name for God. When you sing HU as a love song, it is a most beautiful prayer. I call it my song of freedom and happiness. Singing HU when you wake up in the morning or before sleep, as a soft sweet melody of the word 'hue', puts your freedom from illness, ignorance, fear and daily conflicts squarely in your own mouth. You learn what it means that you are made in God's Image and Likeness, why you are here on Earth.
It is not only ECkists who know about HU and you can search the web for HU to see, but singing HU is the prayer in Eckankar.
It is a prayer that puts your affairs of the moment instantly in the hands of God so you can go about your life creating a new destiny as a child of God.
Please let me know if you get any results from singing HU. Goodluck.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by wahalaman(m): 9:17am On Jan 24, 2006
Why do we say someone is gone while they are still lying on their death bed
because the life force has left the body which is damaged either by virus or accident. Just like a car driver leaving his car , and moving on.

I believe there is life after death of the body.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2006
This a real picture of life after death. Where will the driver go? this is my concern.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by wahalaman(m): 4:49am On Jan 26, 2006
oh , the driver will go back to the Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV)
who will now run a report on his driving history and evaluate how he observed the traffic rules and road signs
to determine if he gets his license renewed and upgraded or simply suspended.

How's that? cool
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2006
i've not died b4 how on earth am i supposed 2 know
but i dont think deres life after death
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2006
@ lifeexpress
what you are trying to promote here is simply astral projection, and you will surely pay for this and tose you led astray.You are opening yourself to currents that are not in coherent with your soul.You are making your soul to be earth-bound.
And others who are also intrested in this HU of a thing,beware.A word is enough for the wise.

@ Hnd Holder,
i guess you are a reader of the grail message, and you are still intrested in astral projection.I pity your condition.
When someone dies, the soul is still attached to the body by what is called a silver cord.During this period we cant actually say the person is dead, thats why its usually this period doctors transplant orgarns from the corpse to the recipient.Think for yourself if the body is already dead will that be possible?When the cord is still intact and this only last for some few days depending on how chained the soul is to worldly matters,resurrection can only happens during this period.
The soul can still hear and see whats going on when the silver cord is still connected.Once the cord loosen the soul sail away to the place he's prepared for himself while on earth.And then decomposition of the body sets in
Re: Is There Life After Death? by anusule(m): 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2007
maybe, maybe not undecided
Re: Is There Life After Death? by manmustwac(m): 12:41am On May 31, 2008
when we die or bodies rust and we return to dust. there is no life after death
Re: Is There Life After Death? by ademiller(f): 1:51pm On Aug 14, 2008
el cuerpo del deseo, come del deseo, unde munti kwermoooooooooooo,

second chance

salvadore serenza versus don pedro huse de noso tongue
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2008
lol
Re: Is There Life After Death? by TRUSERVE: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2008
my god is not a lier, so there is life after death, John 5:28-30,
28"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. 30By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by ssRhino: 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2008
I wont call it life, but will call it judgement, either into hell or to heaven.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by mazaje(m): 9:26pm On Aug 14, 2008
$$Rhino:

I wont call it life, but will call it judgement, either into hell or to heaven.

what is hell and what is heaven? infact where are they situated? who will judge people when they die? is it allah, buddah, jehova, skinvirka etc? who? why is it that heaven is the only place where people must have to die before they visit?by the way which of the heavens are we talking about? all religions have their heavens, which of the heaven is real and which is false? because they(various religions) all promise different things to their various adherents, why should we believe in the islamic heaven and discard the christain heaven? have you been to bujal arab in dubai? that is heaven, if you have been to dafur or some parts of ethopia and kenya that i saw on televison recently then you will know that you have really visited hell. all the other depictions are pure imaginations and wishful thinking. i have seen both moslems and christains who cliamed to have been to heaven. they can't all be true and as far as am concered they are all false.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by TRUSERVE: 9:15am On Aug 15, 2008
mazaje:

what is hell and what is heaven?
hell is the pool of fire in which the unbelievers will burn forever there, Heaven is where the most high god and his angels stay.
mazaje link=topic=1170.msg2657984#msg2657984 date=1218745593:

infact where are they situated?
some of the things you won't able t understand them if you are not saved, so my advise to you is that call upon the name of jesus and familiarise yourself with the word of god then you'll be able to undersatnd most of things.[quote author=mazaje link=topic=1170.msg2657984#msg2657984 date=1218745593]
who will judge people when they die? is it allah, buddah, jehova, skinvirka etc? who?
there is only one god who has created the heavens, earth, and everything on it so he'll be the one to judge[quote author=mazaje link=topic=1170.msg2657984#msg2657984 date=1218745593]
why is it that heaven is the only place where people must have to die before they visit?
fleshly and sinful things cannot enter heaven so to enter there you must change into a spiritual form and be clean
[/quote][/quote]
Re: Is There Life After Death? by ademiller(f): 9:29am On Aug 15, 2008
una no hear wetin i talk, i said all ur answers are in El Cuerpo Del Deseo, Seconc Chanceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Isabel is a living proof, ask herrrrrrrrr kiss
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Cayon(f): 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2008
@ Poster:

There is only one way we can know if there is life after death. Give me a gun or a machette and find out. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 15, 2008
mazaje:

what is hell and what is heaven? infact where are they situated? who will judge people when they die? is it allah, buddah, jehova, skinvirka etc? who? why is it that heaven is the only place where people must have to die before they visit?by the way which of the heavens are we talking about? all religions have their heavens, which of the heaven is real and which is false? because they(various religions) all promise different things to their various adherents, why should we believe in the islamic heaven and discard the christain heaven? have you been to bujal arab in dubai? that is heaven, if you have been to dafur or some parts of ethopia and kenya that i saw on televison recently then you will know that you have really visited hell. all the other depictions are pure imaginations and wishful thinking. i have seen both moslems and christains who cliamed to have been to heaven. they can't all be true and as far as am concered they are all false.

Is there something you arent telling us young man? you're everywhere repeating the same thing like a broken record . . . grin if indeed heaven and hell dont exist why are breaking a jugular vein to announce it to us? Why are you bothered?
Re: Is There Life After Death? by mazaje(m): 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2008
davidylan:

Is there something you arent telling us young man? you're everywhere repeating the same thing like a broken record . . . grin if indeed heaven and hell don't exist why are breaking a jugular vein to announce it to us? Why are you bothered?

because the poster asked if there is a life after death and i just gave him an answer, if there really is a hell, heaven or life after death, he would'nt have asked the question. besides if heaven and hell truly exist you wont be here straining and hurting your eyes by reading my post and trying to make us believe they do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Generational Curse Is The Cause Of Unending Struggle / How Benson Idahosa Blessed & Prophesied To Young Aliko Dangote / O God Arise And Move Me Forward By Fire : Concluding Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.