Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Is There Life After Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Life After Death? (3849 Views)

Is There Life After Death? / At Last , Scientists Prove Life After Death / Do You Believe In Life After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2005
There is life after life, I know but when I die How will I have life to know that life exits after this life?
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2005
Death is inevitable, what happen after death?
Re: Is There Life After Death? by layi(m): 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2005
Can Life Die? Impossible. Truth is our bodies dies everyday because its organic and exposed to wear (thats how GOD made it). Its keeps dieing (no matter how beautiful u look) till the day it ceases and the heart stops. The life within man never dies. It'll simply take up another form and live in another realm. I believe in Heaven. I can't proove it with logic because not everything can be prooven. Science itself is limited. They just discovered the multiverse outside the universe... these are just wonders of an unseen creator which they wont accept. But i just know there's GOD and ther's heaven(intuitive knowlegde). I know just because i know. Evry human knows thers GOD if they search deep within. there's more to reality than sensory perceptions. Mirage is a proof that your senses can fail.  Man wouldnt have believed in d wind if they didnt feel it. But GOD is a Spirit and only the Spirit of man can feel him. Look within. God is REAL...and there's Life after death..Life o o! en en Chikena
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 3:24pm On Aug 11, 2005
Layi
Problems with Heaven Michael Martin wrote in 1997 that

"Belief in Heaven is an essential part of the great monotheistic religions of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Famous theologians have written about it and ordinary theists hope to go there after death . . . However, the concept of Heaven is neither clear nor unproblematic. there are three serious problems with the notion of Heaven. First, the concept of Heaven lacks coherence. Second, it is doubtful that theists can reconcile the heavenly character of Heaven with standard defenses against the Argument from Evil such as the Free Will Defense. Third, Heaven is unfair and, thus, it is in conflict with the goodness of God."
Re: Is There Life After Death? by layi(m): 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2005
I might not be a "readbookologist" but i'll answer with my noble reasoning. Firstly it becomes selfish/parochial for d same person who believes in freewill to say heaven is unfair.. its your choice remember? Secondly sayin the concept of heaven lack coherence is just merely statin your opinion and not authoritative because in any school of thot the other party lacks coherence because u see the issue from your own standpoint only..unconsciously blinded to the others point. Saying it lacks a coherence isnt a point. Tell me how.
But like i said. man isnt infallible. No man knows his own beginning so why try to know the beginning of existence. Accept your limit as human and don't think u can explain evrything. Lots of things in this world beats logic. GOD is always GOD.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2005
GOD is always GOD. Thank u. It is said that man can only come once then Judgement follows but some speak of reincanation and some say we shall have the paradise here on earth. Each day I know I am closer to the Grave that is why I want answers to what happen after death I actually need help.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Bibi(m): 9:17pm On Aug 11, 2005
On a joking level - can someone who has been to heaven or hell after death confirm? grin
Re: Is There Life After Death? by hotangel2(f): 11:52pm On Aug 11, 2005
Life after death. Biblically...there's life after death.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 11:16am On Aug 12, 2005
Do we see and hug each other here on earth? That I can say HOT ANGEL of nairaland so you are here? biblicaly How?
Re: Is There Life After Death? by nike4luv(f): 11:26am On Aug 12, 2005
i think only People that believe in God understand the fact that there is life after death because even when we are death, we still in eternal life, dead people have another life somewhere where they go after they are dead
Re: Is There Life After Death? by layi(m): 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2005
Man just wants to be GOD..Just because GOD made him to be like HIM. The truth is that even atheist believe GOD when they meet a brickwall. Heard of the AIDs victim who used to be an atheist and when reminded that there isnt god. he shouted "AH! HE MUST EXIST O!".

Back to the topic. There is the spirit world. thats enuf 2 kno that there's more to life than this physical realm. Lets keep our hearts open and play safe. Live like there's life after death. U got nothing to loose if there isnt. chikena!

Come2tinkofit..Christainity doesnt take the fun out of life. It makes life fun. "Dont commit sin" is for UR sake not 4 GOD's. anyway a topic for another thread.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by vizion: 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2005
life after death cannot be proven from any point
it's just a theory that people choose/choose not to believe
Re: Is There Life After Death? by dablessed(f): 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2005
I believe there is life after death.

Layi has practically said it all! Welldone!
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Ejyro(f): 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2005
dablessed:

I believe there is life after death.

Layi has practically said it all! Welldone!

If there is life after death, how would you explain what is said in these Bible portions? Ecclesiastes 9:5 and 10 and Genesis 3:19?
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2005
Ejyro, If the dead are left alone what happen to their good deed or Sins. are you saying nothing after death?
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Seun(m): 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2005
Ecclesiastes 9:5 - "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."

Ecclesiastes 9:10 - "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do [it] with thy might; for [there is] no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest."

Genesis 3:19 - "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return."
Re: Is There Life After Death? by WesleyanA(f): 12:43am On Aug 13, 2005
i don't believe there's life after death.
according to a book i read, "life after death" is a poor man's philosophy.
the poor man's thinking he'll enjoy in heaven while the rich men are already enjoying their heaven on earth.

a poor man can mean anything you know. anyone that's deprived or anything. in the book i read "malcolm X", poor man meant the "underrepresented minorities". i consider myself poor.

" people who enjoy themself now will suffer in hell and people who suffer now will enjoy in heaven". Hell no! there ain't such thing.

life's not fair. sad
Re: Is There Life After Death? by hotangel2(f): 12:45am On Aug 13, 2005
That brings me to this thing i once heard.

Is it true that if your head was cut out of your body, you can still see and sense for like 20 seconds?
Re: Is There Life After Death? by WesleyanA(f): 12:47am On Aug 13, 2005
i don't have a clue!
Re: Is There Life After Death? by hotangel2(f): 12:50am On Aug 13, 2005
HND holder should.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by sage(m): 3:25am On Aug 13, 2005
@HND HOLDER

A persons death acquits him of his sins.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by layi(m): 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2005
hot-angel:

Is it true that if your head was cut out of your body, you can still see and sense for like 20 seconds?

Wow..I'll love to know more about this. But i believe life doesnt go out just like that. Ever seen a snake beign killed? Well, we r not snakes but I've seen a cult guy beign killed on campus before now. He was split open (throat) and yet wriggled for a while..seems he still had life or sumtin.
But i still doubt that of the head cos i believe if u r shot in the head...u'll just see red instantly. thats all.

But whoever said that anyway? Has the person got any proof? I'll really like to know. Its worth researching into because I believe anything is possible because man is both tripartite nand triune.anything can happen.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by hotangel2(f): 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2005
Oh well we were arguing about this in a forum i stumbled into. The guy started quoting some big grammars..and tryna prove to me that there's life for like 20 seconds. He had so many resources, that got me scared and i knew i couldn't stand the heat so i decided to run outta the forum. I don't know my password anymore...so i guess i can't go back there to look for the topic.

Anyways, i'll try to get something about this.

But if this is a true thing, i must say God must have loved the guy that got his head cut from his body. Come to think of it, if that happens to you and could still sense for some minute, I'll advice that if u've been a bad person or didn't believe in God...Just use the 20 seconds to think/say "Jesus be my saviour...i surrender". Whether or not there's heaven, u'll be on the safe side. tongue tongue
Re: Is There Life After Death? by layi(m): 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2005
@hot-angel
I'm a medical student and can tell that ther's definitely more to life than meets the eyes. For examples:
I've seen several patients severly comatose (no heart beat) return back to life. It happens often.
The senses can also reverse functions.
The sumtotal of the electrical impulses that goes through the human body is enough to light a city. Sounds unbelievable but its true. The human is just too complex.
I'll still love to see d resources if u ever find them.

When nairaland go do Dinner sef.? Na wa o.Off Topic? Srry.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by hotangel2(f): 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2005
Ohh..i Understand you layi. Dinner eh?? Sooon.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2005
sage:

@HND HOLDER

A persons death acquits him of his sins.

Yes if killed, the killer pick up the total sin in addition to his own. Thou shall not kill
If it is a natural death then what ever you so you will reap.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 9:56am On Aug 15, 2005
hot-angel:

Such person will not be able to tell, If you do not hear a the sound of a gun shot at you then the bullet is already in you.

No body gets there and come back here to tell the story.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by hotangel2(f): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2005
Hmmmph, u don't need to talk. Just ask for forgivness of sins and go.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2005
Eeh ee, Go where now? to which Place?
Re: Is There Life After Death? by hotangel2(f): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2005
Go anywhere. grave...hell, heaven. Asking for forgivness will be on the safe side.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by layi(m): 11:12am On Aug 15, 2005
hot-angel:

Hmmmph, u don't need to talk. Just ask for forgivness of sins and go.

How do u ask for the forgiveness? Where's the mouth/head? Or will u just ask in ur mind? Anyway methinks by d time u come to reality of what just happened, 20secs would have elapsed.
Re: Is There Life After Death? by Hndholder(m): 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2005
How shall we enter or know we are dead and start the other life after this?

Near Death Experience

Medical and psychological explanations for the near death experience (NDE) have been given but they are speculative and fall short of explaining the entire phenomenon.

The temporal lobe in the brain is the area where NDE's are experienced. If one doesn't believe we have a soul, then you are stuck trying to explain why we have an area of our brain which allows us to experience an NDE. Some will say it is there from an evolutionary standpoint to ease a person through the dying process. But this cannot be so because there is no survival advantage to thinking that you are leaving your body at the point of death. Possibly it is an advantage to people witnessing the death since the dying person will not appear to be struggling, although just prior to experiencing the NDE, the person is for visible practical purposes, already dead. Still this is not a trait that could be passed on in any preferential way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When It Rains, Is It A Sin Not To Go To Church? / Church Of Satan Registration Wesite / Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.