Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know (23429 Views)

Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. / Some Interesting Facts To Know About The Year 2016 / Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Heatblast(m): 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
gentlegg:
This Kiwi and Humming bird i still wonder which is truly the only bird that can fly backwards. Back in my secondary school days i picked up Bubble Gum paper(then they use to write questions, then answers inside the gum paper) and i saw the question "the only bird that can fly backwards", they answered Kiwi and since that day I've memorized Kiwi as the answer but like 2 yrs ago i saw somewhere in internet that Humming bird is the answer, i then googgled it and majority of the results are saying Humming bird while a few mentioned Kiwi, since then am still in doubt as in which one is the answer.

Humming bird is the answer no doubt.. The kiwi is flightless

Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by OmerianConsult: 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2013

Is it not possible for humans to be injected with shark genes so that humans will be immune too making the cure of aids redundant.

U won't stop tampering with God's creation. That's how u will do it till u breed monsters n d antichrist.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by aircom(m): 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
freecocoa: Most of the things there na wash joor.

How we go take know whether na true or not? Inshort how the people wey write these things take know?
Abi...o..na Natgeo Wild sure pass jor..

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
@ poster, way to go mehn...wish more important stuff make front page these days...ban all junks and junk posters from ever making front page...as they really are national embarrassment...# Just sayin'
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by misslaw(f): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
Most elephants weigh less than the tongue of a
blue whale. The heart of a blue whale is the size
of a small car.
CNT BLIV MA EARS
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by gomeek(f): 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
I like d 'camels have 3 eyelids cos of sand in d desert' and snakes can see through their eyelids with eyes closed, so cool,interestin and edutaining.
Good job

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by ayodot(m): 9:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
femojie:
Squirrel ain't mammal

which kind mumu assumption be that
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Wonders will never cease!
Thanks for dis interesting facts.
PS: wish I was a snail right now!
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by topsy1971: 9:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
freecocoa: Most of the things there na wash joor.

How we go take know whether na true or not? Inshort how the people wey write these things take know?

Find more time to spend with Animal Planet, NatGeoWild and Discovery Channels. You will be amazed at what you will learn.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by ayodot(m): 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
Symphony007: Coakroaches can survive the blast of a nuclear weapon.

na lie. na the radiation them fit withstand and not the blast
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by FXKing2012(m): 9:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
The post of the year for me.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Sike(m): 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
I'm loving this fact.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by kpozite(m): 10:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
the_ripper: But I b read for schools se birds dey excrete uric acid. Pple wey sabi book, make una confirm o.

Birds excrete uric acid in pellets in their feaces so OP is right.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by honestivo(m): 10:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
mchenry: I read somewhere that a bird's pee is mixed with it's feaces though
yes dats hw dey passout der nitrogenous waste
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by stankezzy: 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
the revilation by loginame2011 is wonderfull .
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by JayKid1(m): 11:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
Too much of E-AFrica undecided undecided undecided
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by agohavivi(f): 11:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
femojie:
Squirrel ain't mammal
What are they? Reptiles
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Editerian(m): 11:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
An Housefly hums with key F
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by dnawah(m): 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
ogbeche77: 2 rats can creat 1 million relatives in 18 months, no wonder rats never finish for my house.. So i just dey waste money on rat poison
don't u like rat pepper soup?grin
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by jadakiss213(m): 11:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
Flytefalls:
Lucky (tasty) animal sad
very lucky indeed.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by deoladele(f): 11:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
Good to knw!
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by funmemezy: 11:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
To escape from a crocodile,push ur finga into its eyes it wil let u go
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by sweetguy10(m): 12:01am On Jan 22, 2013
So ADOLF HITLER got just one testicle ? No wonder the blood sucking sadist has no heart

Can we talk about some HUMAN interesting facts please ?
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 22, 2013
Super1759: A snail can sleep for 3 years.
no wonder they are so lazy like most nairalanders
Lol grin
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by kramer: 1:18am On Jan 22, 2013
Some of the supposed "facts" on here are "myths"

Please do your research properly before posting
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by flawless911(m): 3:05am On Jan 22, 2013
miss law: Most elephants weigh less than the tongue of a
blue whale. The heart of a blue whale is the size
of a small car.
CNT BLIV MA EARS
Huh?? Do u read with ur EARS
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Afokeoghen: 7:23am On Jan 22, 2013
Mikebrown: no need to cut d head nau.... jst match d guy 1 tym
=)) =))=D ◦haĦĦaah =)) =)) º°˚ ˚°º≈Laakuli! ERIN pa MIº°˚ ˚°º≈U are funnyful SHA º°˚ =)) ˚º°˚ ˚°º≈ .
That got me unawares. Abeg I dey inside bus º°˚˚°ºoo jare.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by makizee(m): 7:31am On Jan 22, 2013
Okoro2015:
Nice Collection.

I disagree on the one that says bats are the only mammals that can fly. Where do you place flying squirell (Oghuru in Igbo Language)?

They don't actually fly, they glide from tree to tree, they can't lift off from the ground.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by browncool(m): 8:45am On Jan 22, 2013
Okoro2015:
Nice Collection.

I disagree on the one that says bats are the only mammals that can fly. Where do you place flying squirell (Oghuru in Igbo Language)?
Read your book olodo Squirrel do not fly but jump from one tree to another
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by warrior101: 8:51am On Jan 22, 2013
tlaret24:
Sharks are the only animals that never get sick. They are immune to every type of disease including cancer.

Quote:
It is, of course, a devastating myth that sharks don’t get cancer. I say “devastating” because this pernicious myth is part of what fueled a large industry selling shark cartilage, leading to the decimation of shark populations. But sharks do get cancer! It’s unclear how frequently they get cancer; it hasn't been extensively studied, and sharks in the wild who develop cancer are unlikely to survive long. Also, it’s not surprising that sharks can’t be infected with HIV; it’s a virus that infects humans. HIV doesn't infect a lot of other animals, too, including sheep. That sharks can’t be infected with HIV says nothing in particular except that sharks are not human. No big surprise there, for sure. What would be surprising would be if HIV could infect sharks. I’m also not sure what the heck Dr. Velazquez means by saying that sharks have circulating antibodies as immunoglobulin already circulating in their blood. So do humans. Has he ever heard of IgG, for instance?

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2012/07/25/first-it-was-sheep-and-now-its-sharks/
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by kandiikane(m): 9:14am On Jan 22, 2013
firetrap: Another interesting fact about sharks is that they never stop swimming from the day they are born till they die. if they stop swimming they drown. ironic isn't it

So, they don't sleep?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Where People Buy Active Nigerian Instagram Followers From / Download - Dj Don E "Blues" (mixtape) / Share Your Most 'WEIRD' Experience Of 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.