Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,573 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! (727 Views)

How To Format A Laptop, Please Help!!! / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by Adolak(m): 12:23am On Jan 22, 2013
Its just now i realise that my computer is not bringing out sound when i play music or films. The last time it played was no 18th and since then i haven't watch film or music cos of my exams. But now, this evening, it dint bring out any sound. Please what can i do. Help!!!
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by Adolak(m): 12:28am On Jan 22, 2013
Even when i plug in an earphone its still not bringing sound. I've tried all the settings but it seems not helping
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by BraveWorld(m): 12:31am On Jan 22, 2013
3 things are involved.

1. It is either you turned down the volume of your laptop. So turn the volume up.
2. It is either your sound driver is corrupted which require the service of a computer engineer.
3. It is either your laptop speaker is bad.
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by Adolak(m): 12:44am On Jan 22, 2013
But i think if laptop speaker is bad. It should play through earpiece now. Media player is telling me that "the sound system is not available on the system or used by other program or not functioning well."
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by BraveWorld(m): 12:54am On Jan 22, 2013
That means that your sound driver is corrupted either by a virus or improper shutdown.
You need to take the laptop to the nearest computer engineer to install the sound driver for you. It will not cost you more than N500
Or can you install it by yourself?
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by Adolak(m): 1:07am On Jan 22, 2013
I've searched for some drivers but i'm yet to download them. Do u have any particular one u can specify for me to use?
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by sharpboyus(m): 1:19am On Jan 22, 2013
Go to the control panel, then to hardware and sound, then sound. You should see something called manage audio devices. Plug in your headphones and see if they show up.

If they don't, then either your divers(these things will tell your computer what kind of hardware it has and how to use it) are missing or the the headphone jack itself has failed. Lets say it is in fact your drivers that are missing, then all you need to do is either use windows update(it will detect many of your missing drivers) or go to the manufacturers website and look for them there(usually they will have a tab somewhere on the home page that will say something about support or downloads). And also try different headphones, those could have messed up as well.

Now lets say that you do see the headphones show up as an audio device. Then all you need to do is set them as the default and that should fix your problem.
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by Adolak(m): 1:32am On Jan 22, 2013
Thanks bros(s). I'll keep u guys updated on how it goes. I'll follow ur advice and see.
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by Adolak(m): 1:41am On Jan 22, 2013
I just plugged in an earpiece. The system notified me in the notification area around the right bottom side but the earphone does not show in the sound control panel. How about that please.
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by sharpboyus(m): 2:25am On Jan 22, 2013
Click the start button, type windows update and update ur laptop.. i think u have some drive missing.
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by Adolak(m): 3:31am On Jan 22, 2013
Kk. I'll do that
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by Adolak(m): 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
I just hope its not hardware problem.
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by Adolak(m): 10:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
Now this thing is getting me disturbed. I download a driver, install. Still the same. Any idea that can help please?
Re: Please Help With My Laptop. Please!!! by sharpboyus(m): 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
Maybe you should try reformatting ur system

(1) (Reply)

Quickbooks Enterprise Solutions 13.0 Now Available In Nigeria / How To Dual Boot Windows 7 And Ubuntu Successfully [plus Video] / Microsoft Offers Fifteen Million Naira Bug Bounty For Cracking Windows 8.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.