Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Siemens Restates Commitment To 10,000MW Power Station - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Siemens Restates Commitment To 10,000MW Power Station (547 Views)

Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark / Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW / 10,000MW Not Realisable By December - Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Siemens Restates Commitment To 10,000MW Power Station by karlmax2: 7:50am On Jan 22, 2013
Power Station

Ejiofor Alike

Siemens Nigeria Limited has restated its commitment to the implementation of the memorandum of understanding (MoU) it signed last year with the Federal Government for the construction of a10, 000-megawatt (MW) capacity power station in the country.

The new Managing Director of the company, Mr. Michael Lakota, told THISDAY that his company would contribute to the construction of the power station, as agreed in the memorandum of understanding.

Under the MoU, Siemens would take 15 per cent equity in the proposed power generation plant.

Lakota said the power sector would remain a major focus of the company’s activities in Nigeria.

He stated that Nigeria had a challenging environment with a lot of potentials and market, stressing that the company was prepared to harness the market.

“The most important thing I am bringing to Nigeria and Siemens is also bringing to Nigeria is the full commitment to operate in Nigeria and to be here in Nigeria for Nigeria,” he said.

On the 434MW capacity Geregu Power plant, his company built in Kogi State, Lakota said the plant was one of the biggest projects the company executed and was successfully running in Nigeria.

“I had a chance to visit the site, close to Ajaokuta and what I saw was really impressive. I heard from our customers that we are the only company in this country that was able to deliver a power plant on schedule. This is something very unique because what I heard is that projects are usually delayed for years in this country,” he added.

Lakota noted that his company operated the Geregu plant for two years without any fatality or major injury, adding that the feat was a demonstration of the company’s commitment to its values.

He noted that Nigeria was a very good place for a multinational company like Siemens to operate.

According to him, the company was not in Nigeria to operate for short-term profit but to operate as a professional multinational company with the highest standards.

“One thing, which is very important, is training. We train our people so that they can deliver the quality of work we are expecting. We want to have very high standards. I see the right people in our company and we even want to improve and give a chance to the people to develop themselves. We want to contribute to the 10,000megawatts power capacity MoU we signed last year with the President. This means a lot of work ahead of us and we are fully committed to deliver,” he said.

Lakota disclosed that his company would assist the country in the provision of world-class technology to provide stable power supply.

He stated that the president had visited their factory in Berlin to see the world-class facilities.

The Siemens Nigeria also stated that his company had pulled out of the telecommunications sector.

“We no longer operate in the telecoms sector. We are now active in four sectors – energy, healthcare, industry and infrastructure. These are our activities as Siemens AG worldwide,” he added.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/siemens-restates-commitment-to-10-000mw-power-station/137123/
Re: Siemens Restates Commitment To 10,000MW Power Station by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 22, 2013
I hope enemies of progress won't put their badluck in dis project.(national assembly)with their probing scam.
Re: Siemens Restates Commitment To 10,000MW Power Station by karlmax2: 8:18am On Jan 22, 2013
Haters come and counter what the siemens boss said.were waiting to here your propoganda statement

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Earned N6trn From Oil In 11 Months – CBN / Corruption And National Development - By Nuhu Ribadu / Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.