Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,657 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? (8071 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Man Dies Watching Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Ilekokonit: 5:38am On Jan 23, 2013
When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches

When Ghana beat disgraced us 4-1 sometime between 2006 and 2008.

I made the rare mistake of watching our 1-1 draw with Burkina Faso on Monday.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 23, 2013
I stoped watching them after we failed to qualify for the last nations cup
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Niiade(m): 7:34am On Jan 23, 2013
Tht was when Sand Beat Taribo with his head in 1998 or so..... Since then I rather sleep than watch any nigerian match
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by OperaMini1(m): 8:21am On Jan 23, 2013
I still watch their matches, although I'd never place a bet on them.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 23, 2013
since 2006, i don't want to have hypertension[color=#990000][/color]
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 23, 2013
I chose to watch the US presidential inauguration over the Nigeria game. That's how much interest I have in those super fa.ggots
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by sirgeorge(m): 8:43am On Jan 23, 2013
Immediately Yakubu missed that open goal in 2010,that team was dead to me.Haven't watched a single match since then
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Gentlemark(m): 8:47am On Jan 23, 2013
Just wen siasia ws sacked... I felt he cud do beta dan keshi.. Though i do watch smtimes, bt i usualy switch btw stations 4 oda programs at dsam tym
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by dabossman(m): 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
Watching the Super Eagles is nothing short of misery these days, but I will continue to watch all the same because it's my national team. Teams go through a slump and sometimes tend to underachieve. Even the Spaniards that are champions today were perennial underachievers for years. Who know what will become of them when this generation of players retires? Ivory Coast are about the best team in Africa today, but they may not be in a couple of years. Come to think of it, where are the back-to-back champions Egypt? Where is Cameroon?
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by yemmy19(m): 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
I had to endure to Korea-Japan 2002 after †ђξ tournament, ℓ̊ loosed affection for d Super Fowls who call themselves Eagles
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by JNdupu: 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
How can you ever stop supporting Super Eagles? It's in the blood oh!!

Forget all those yeye ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal wey una dey carry high so, na anoda mama borm dem.

But, supporting dem no mean say we no go yab dem when they frig up. Na love make us vex and call dem Super Chicken when Burkina hammer last minute goal.

I believe Keshi has a 5 year plan. Oya, make we dey look.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Davidogar(m): 5:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
since 2003
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Walphem(m): 2:28am On Jan 24, 2013
kayLion: Hi all, sequel to this thread www.nairaland.com/1170471/not-being-able-watch-nigerias .

I was reading comments and laughing because as for me i have stopped watching Nigerian matches for a while now...Growing up, i had no choice than to accept Super Eagles cos popsy holds them high, also from a family dominated by boys, its football or nothing, i remember celebrating wildly JJ Okocha's equalizing freekick against Cameroun at 2004 Nations Cup, but fast forward 4years, Eguaveon led the Super Eagles to the nations cup, we lost at Quarter final (or was it Semi final) to Ivory coast, a debatable goal by Didier Drogba.

Eagles got home and what happened to Eguaveon?, he was promptly sacked..I for one find it ridiculous and since then, i have decided to ignore eagles and laugh at their failure...would love to know your views pls
guy u and I dey d same shoe o, I stopped since 2004!
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Odunharry(m): 8:08am On Jan 24, 2013
i fink 2008
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by jonasify(m): 8:54am On Jan 24, 2013
they really need to wake up, i can remember days of Okocha and Kanu
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by vizboy(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2013
Sorry to disappoint you i cant stop watching there match
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by harlos: 11:57am On Jan 25, 2013
vizboy: Sorry to disappoint you i cant stop watching there match
this na correct naija guy....
Chop knocklegrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Is Moving In A Good Direction - Arteta After Defeating Leicester / Bet9ja Zoom Secret / [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.