Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,432 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:52 PM

When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? (8166 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Man Dies Watching Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by BasseyJ(m): 4:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
I stopped watching yesterday o, would continue on Friday or sogringrin..i CANT not watch it, before i know my fingers have even touched the remote, i'm already watching itgringrin N exxel, u no well grin
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by achi4u(m): 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
After Denmark trash Eagles 4 -1 at France '98...

I quit!grin

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
Johnnoah1st: guy u get mouth joor, do dey beg u to watch dem don't want to watci dem people who we watch dem we watch dem.
Johnnoah1st: guy u get mouth joor, do dey beg u to watch dem don't want to watci dem people who we watch dem we watch dem.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by olempe(m): 5:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
I never stopped<, I never will. Nigeria is my country, Super eagles is my team...

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by MicroBox: 5:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
USA 94 when Nigeria lost to Italy
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by donilalasky: 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
mancheeutd: this is pure stupid.ity no wonder nairaland has 1million users u had 2 open 8 diff accounts cos u want 2 be 1st to comment i wonder wat kind of ode that liked ur post y'all go get a life
Don't take life too serious niggy, learn to have a little laugh. The guy's post was vey funny, but u failed to see the humour in it.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by muxie: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
I stopped watching them ages ago. Cos they always break people's heart. So, i rather sit by the road side and watch passers by than to waste my precious time and energy.Beside even if they win,they are the ones to be praised which will even bring a brighter future to them (not jealous).So it's their own problem
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
mcheeeeeeeeew laang timew a gwaan
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
mcheeeeeeeeew laang time a gwaan
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by muazulaw(m): 5:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
re dy playin match?
mtcheww wetin concern me.
that was my response 2 a friend that called me ystrdy.
i told him nigeria wld mess up.......
i dont even watch d balls n films join...
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by drzed: 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
I stopped watching Super Eagles when Jay Jay Okocha (or was it Kanu?) missed a penalty in Nations Cup 2000 against Cameroon in Lagos. It broke my heart, tore my liver and punctured my spleen.

I have also recently stopped watching my ex-beloved Arsenal too. Ball-passing, goal-post-missing, over-dribbling, defenceless bunch of 1d10Ts!

The thing is, I dont have time for losers in my life. I have a winning mentality and both these teams (Super Chickens and bullet-less Arsenal) tend to mess with my state of mind too often. I dont mind losing as long as I am able to learn and grow stronger. But with these two teams, losing is becoming synonymous to a good day at work.

I think I will adopt ManU. They suit my die-hard, till-my-last-breath, never-say-never attitude to life. I am just waiting for that left-legged traitor (you know who) and that senile-foul-mouthed-ranting gaffer of theirs to leave the club. I cant stand either of them.

On the other hand, if that grumpy, miserly, shylock, inexperienced-players-signing, mediocrity-loving man called Wenger leaves Arsenal, then I am willing to re-consider them (as a neutral fan, that is).

Until then....Go Swansea! (or even Stoke City sef)...who cares? How will Super Eagles or Arsenal winning a trophy change the price of ...he he he grin
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by RichDad1(m): 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
SInce Tunisia 2004. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by sirp2007: 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
l dont know y pple still refer 2 them as SUPER EAGLES.Since 1998,they have been reduce to eagles.

btw how does an Arsenal fan who support eagles manage 2 keep his/her BP down?

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by kayLion(m): 6:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
I think I would like to see the Eagles next match for max. of 30mins cos they are playing the African Champions, wanna see some a.s.s whooping...don't know who is gonna whoop who sha
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by seyijames3(m): 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
I stop yestaday
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by DECOtech(m): 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
A long time ago! Always the same old story
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by ksam(m): 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
See as all of una they form Don,,,,80% of pple commenting in this topic watched yesterdays match but are claiming they stoped 1994 or so..tell me if Nigeria gets to the final u wont watch them play?? To me,i have tried to stop but i just cant...i will rather watch Nigeria vs Niger than barca vs madrid..Naija my father land is the only country i know...

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by vizboy(m): 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
Well i cant stop watching my loving country play, even if they fail today tomorrow is another day. Thumbs up to the SE for yesterday game there have been some improvement
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Otses(f): 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
Can't remember, but it's been a while now, I stopped watching because they always play below expectation, and make my heart run 440!
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by true2god: 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
mancheeutd: this is pure stupid.ity no wonder nairaland has 1million users u had 2 open 8 diff accounts cos u want 2 be 1st to comment i wonder wat kind of ode that liked ur post y'all go get a life
Bros take am easy na, sebi na joke the guy dey joke. Abi u be police or lastma
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by vanstanzy(m): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
Did not stop watching Super Eagles match but gradually lost interest sometimes from year 2000.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
blackmale: with passion i stopped 8 years ago,, but nowadays i watch it like playstation 2..
Men, I no fit even use or watch naija for videogame ooo, the bashing I would receive from better teams no go easy. On my PES 2012, the guy wey dem use for obagoal dey try small sha.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by harlos: 8:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
I declared myself a die hard fan of Chelsea which i am,Chelsea isn't my country team but lose, win, or tie, i still support the team, so y can't i do the same for my country. Countries that have even worse record that Nigeria, thier fans are still strong and believe they can do it even at the brink of loss.

The fact that I'm a Nigerian,live in Nigeria, eat nd drink in Nigeria, I will forever support them win,tie,or lose... NAIJA 4 LIFE!!!
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by sunnyt1(m): 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
Since Ikpeba missed (or threw away) that penalty and Oliseh couldnt stop crying, can anyone remember that game.

Nigeria vs Cameroun that enden in penalty kicks.Ghana/ Nigeria 2000
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by holluwizzy: 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
I stopped watching Super eagles when they officially turned themselves to Super Ducks[color=#990000][/color] cheesy, instead of watching their match, i rather toast a babe kiss who will give me give me romance after much talk. Up Super Chickens ,Pepeye grin grin grin. throughout this tournament, Animals that cant fly. *smh*
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
When we got a draw with guinea during the 2012 nations cup qualifiern dieing minute goal to make it 2-2, felt like weeping cos the boys just needed to maintain the 2-1 lead then, but they foolishly kept on going out to look for more goal, unforgetable memory for me, but that was the zenith of my frustration with the eagles.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by tunapawizzy: 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
specialguest: I gradually lost interest in watching the super eagles play after Atlanta 96.. The height of it was when they completely transformed to Super Chickens with the help of NFF.
Gosh that team is an embarassment to Nigeria.
cute face *winks
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by LCASHMAN(m): 9:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
I THINK THE SOLUTION IS TO CHANGE THEIR NAME "SUPER EAGLES", THERE IS NOTHING SUPER ABOUT THEM. LIKE "THE EAGLES" COULD DO IT, THAT WAY THERE IS NO PRESSURE TO LIVE UP TO THEIR NAME .IMO
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Edunwa302(m): 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
10 yrs ago ws d last super eagles
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by dom(m): 12:53am On Jan 23, 2013
After they conceded the 88th minute equaliser against roberto baggio inspired Italy in the second round of USA 94 I just realised its better to be alive than die of super eagles induced hypertension. I now support super falcons and golden eaglets. Less risky.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by edey2real: 4:46am On Jan 23, 2013
I do force myself in recent yrs, bt eventualy stopped the day we fail to qualify for the last nations cup. Infact, I prayed for Zimbabwe to get a draw if they can't win in the last match, when I saw the last 20min of the match and how they played good football.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Build Wealth Compounding Your Profits - QIJ Soccer Trading App / When The Eagles Won The Final: How Did You Feel? / Nigeria Beats Mozambique 85-51 In Women's Basketball Olympics Qualifier.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.