Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? (8085 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Man Dies Watching Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Austinio: 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
After watching Nigeria thrashed 4 goals to 1 by Denmark ( France 98 World cup)
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
Johnnoah1st: guy u are realy sick
YOU JUST KNEW undecided undecided undecided

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Johnnoah1st: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2013
kagari: Yestaday
guy u get mouth joor, do dey beg u to watch dem don't want to watci dem people who we watch dem we watch dem.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Projectors(m): 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Some few years back, when Victor Ikepeba lost penality. I know its Nations' cup but can't remember the year like I posted on facebook this morning " if you dont mind having HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE watch super eagles' match.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by hafsatbaby: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
maxwello.yg:
well I stopped watching the super eagles matches(super pigeons) after Yakubu Aiyegbeni missed a goal my grand-Ma could have scored. That was in South Africa 2010 World Cup. Against-I cnt remember,but Yak ws chewing a gum.na deir last match sha
hahaha you too much woo
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Gwekzy: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
exxell: WHO CARES TO WATCH THE DISORGANIZED FOOTBALL THEY PLAY NOWADAYS..... SERIOUSLY, I STOPPED WATCHING THEM AFTER DENMARK THRASHED US 4-1 COURTESY OF THEIR STRIKER SAND AND HAVING PETER RUFAI IN THE POST grin grin grin... THAT WAS LIKE 1998 0R SO.

IN OTHER NEWS, FIRST TO COMMENT..... MOD, I TAKE GOD BEG YOU, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME AND I WONT DO IT AGAIN cheesy cheesy cheesy
This is a new year gift for me! I am very grateful for this, mods.
I also thank my parents who have been in support of my Nairaland endeavors, through thick and thin; God bless.
To My friends who have always encouraged to keep commenting- both meaningful and the less meaningful ones with the hope of being "first to comment one day after trying for five years with seven different IDs" I say a hearty thank you.... Come over to my office in the evening for an after work mini party grin grin grin
Finally, I apologise to my baby girl for all my time Nairaland took instead of giving her attention undecided undecided undecided... As am first to comment today, I promise to spend less time here as I found that "elusive" opportunity of five years today cool cool cool
. Make lie no kill you......
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by realsammie(m): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
exxell: WHO CARES TO WATCH THE DISORGANIZED FOOTBALL THEY PLAY NOWADAYS..... SERIOUSLY, I STOPPED WATCHING THEM AFTER DENMARK THRASHED US 4-1 COURTESY OF THEIR STRIKER SAND AND HAVING PETER RUFAI IN THE POST grin grin grin... THAT WAS LIKE 1998 0R SO.

IN OTHER NEWS, FIRST TO COMMENT..... MOD, I TAKE GOD BEG YOU, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME AND I WONT DO IT AGAIN cheesy cheesy cheesy
I also thank my parents who have been in support of my Nairaland endeavors, through thick and thin; God bless.
To My friends who have always encouraged to keep commenting- both meaningful and the less meaningful ones with the hope of being "first to comment one day after trying for five years with seven different IDs" I say a hearty thank you.... Come over to my office in the evening for an after work mini party grin grin grin
Finally, I apologise to my baby girl for all my time Nairaland took instead of giving her attention undecided undecided undecided... As am first to comment today, I promise to spend less time here as I found that "elusive" opportunity of five years today cool cool cool

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Since 2004 nation's cup. i have better things to do with my time.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by omar22(m): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
kayLion: Hi all, sequel to this thread www.nairaland.com/1170471/not-being-able-watch-nigerias .

I was reading comments and laughing because as for me i have stopped watching Nigerian matches for a while now...Growing up, i had no choice than to accept Super Eagles cos popsy holds them high, also from a family dominated by boys, its football or nothing, i remember celebrating wildly JJ Okocha's equalizing freekick against Cameroun at 2004 Nations Cup, but fast forward 4years, Eguaveon led the Super Eagles to the nations cup, we lost at Quarter final (or was it Semi final) to Ivory coast, a debatable goal by Didier Drogba.

Eagles got home and what happened to Eguaveon?, he was promptly sacked..I for one find it ridiculous and since then, i have decided to ignore eagles and laugh at their failure...would love to know your views pls

It was a Perfect goal from DD
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by coconuthead(m): 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2013

Bros u dey madt o. grin grin grin grin
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by CarmelloANGEL(m): 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
Johnnoah1st: guy u get mouth joor, do dey beg u to watch dem don't want to watci dem people who we watch dem we watch dem.
Guy...what ar u saying?...are u a Learner?
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by mysticgal(f): 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
i was praying 4 Nigeria to win that fifa 2010,when yakubu ayegbeni missed that shot,that i swore never to watch any match,till today i have not watched any match
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
I can't stop. I just don't know why
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Fairgodwin(m): 3:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
As for me, I stopped [following/watching them, Super Eagles] after the 2004 Nations Cup.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Omen100(m): 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
my should USA 94 after the match between Nigeria v. Argentina by stupid Maradona & Otiga were falling anyhow in that match that almost gave me heart attack but then I was just 12years old and come to think of it, if super-dock should add their failure to other failures we have experienced in other sectors of how economy, that means God must leave heaven come rescue Nigerians

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by kayLion(m): 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
maxwello.yg:
did you actually say you laugh at their failure ? smh.
bros, you cant fault me on that, for me its either i love the Eagles or i dislike them. To my defense, i actually try as hard to ignore Super Eagle related football news too.,buh d little i hear about them always make me laugh..
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by chronique(m): 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
In 2010. I was praying Nigeria doesnt qualify for the worldcup because I knew they would mess up but they did qualify. After watching the match against argentina,I thought we put up a good performance. I had to resign my job earlier than I would have wanted so I could watch the games. My boss was not happy. After resigning,the e.diots decided to mess up & didnt win a single match. I found myself sitting @ home everyday after we were dumped out from the competition. From that they,I swore never to watch super chickens. I cant even watch them by mistake. I dont know what the team looks like or who our players are.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by buJu234: 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
i watch them come anytime and anyday...

but i dont attach emotions to it.

reasons are:-

The guys are working for their money; weather they win or lose; they get paid; so why waste my emotions for their game; its just for fun; they win I laugh; they lose I still laugh

Since the NFF is not organised and also Nigeria is not an organised country; I think it will b foolishness to put my precious emotions for people who dont even care if i took groundnut and paw paw as dinner.......

men; jst watch them to burn the time....
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Guguru102(m): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
Never watch their match at all Super Chickens of Nigeria
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by igben(m): 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
All of una dey learn, I personally stop super eagles matches since 1994 in U.S.A when roberto baggio equalize the the scoreline and we finally lost that game...
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
At least am intelligently "MAD" grin grin grin
coconut head:

Bros u dey madt o. grin grin grin grin
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by TheViper(m): 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
I stopped watching Super Eagles matches immediately after the penalty missed by Odewegie in the semifinals against Tunisia in the 2004 Nations cup in Tunisia. I didn't watch the 2006 Nations Cup in Egypt, because I knew they will mess up. They didn't prove me wrong because I heard a Dedier Drogba's lone goal was enough to send them parking, though they won the third place match against Senegal. I started watching them again in the 2008 Nations cup in Ghana because I thought they will perform well, but the Ghanian winning goal scored by Agogo in the quarterfinals against us was heartbreaking. I didn't watch the 2010 Nations cup in Angola because I knew they will not perform well, but I was not proven wrong because I heard they were defeated by Ghana in the semifinals.

The missed out in the 2012 Nations cup in Gabon/Equatorial Guinea was a break that I really enjoyed. I decided to watch them this year again because I want them to succeed and make us proud, but it seems like the same story will unfold once again. I hope they will prove me wrong but if they don't, I will quit finally.

I wish them the best sha!
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Why would I lie undecided undecided undecided Infact, to show you my happiness for being first to comment, am going to share the recharge card my secretary bought for me with you..... Jide half, kam jide half (load half, let me load half) I know you will say thank you but don't mention grin grin grin
Gwekzy: . Make lie no kill you......

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by idrisolaide(m): 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
It have tey!
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by jhydebaba(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Super Eagles
till I die
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by mancheeutd(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2013

this is pure stupid.ity no wonder nairaland has 1million users u had 2 open 8 diff accounts cos u want 2 be 1st to comment i wonder wat kind of ode that liked ur post y'all go get a life
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by mancheeutd(m): 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2013

this is pure stu.pi.dity no wonder nairaland has 1million users u had 2 open 8 diff accounts cos u want 2 be 1st to comment i wonder wat kind of ode that liked ur post y'all go get a life
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by henchamb(m): 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
since they turned my old granny into a mathematician. calculating goals scored and those conceived
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Easz(m): 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
sage_: After losing to Cameroon at the finals right here at the National Stadium in Lagos (Nigeria/Ghana 2000). I was there live. I spent the next 3 weeks in pain. I had to quit them before they make me quit this world. I also quit Arsenal last year. I am now free and happy.
u took the right decision
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by purplekayc(m): 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2013

remember this vividly oo that day I got a stomach upset!
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by omanzo02: 4:25pm On Jan 22, 2013

So Seun count your 7 ID's among the one million members?, so u dey among Seun rigging team?. grin grin

Seun, the confession of a member of your PDP trained rigging squad don render your nairaland population commission(NPC) 1million members statistic ojoro, nul and void. grin angry
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Melahou(m): 4:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
what is super eagles? is it a seasonal firm or nollywood movie

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
Mynd you, I operate only one ID..... I open a new one once any old one becomes "banned for life" or becomes "casted" grin grin grin.... I don't operate multiple IDs like most Nairalanders undecided undecided undecided
omanzo02:

So Seun count your 7 ID's among the one million members?, so u dey among Seun rigging team?.

Seun, a member of your PDP trained rigging squad don expose

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Most Famous Brothers In Football / Lionel Messi Becomes A Dad: Rumour? / HYKT DRAW GAMES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.