Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution (31797 Views)

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by ayodot(m): 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
fastlane84:

U well? Hv u ever had. Music in d mosque?

music noise is better than that Arabic nonsense I don't understand. there's one with it speakers facing my room. every morning 'walikizu walikira waliki-etc'
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
ayodot: every morning 'walikizu walikira waliki-etc'
Lololol.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by kpozite(m): 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
ignis: Am sure she is just seeking for cheap popularity.
She is not believe me, if she had gone to them and complained which I think she might have, the will ignore her or say she a witch that needs to be prayed against. What she did is right in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by informatix: 6:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: Very interesting... Places of worship should learn to respect other peoples ears...
Speaking of which.. I should probably drag the mosque near my house to court bt for my safety.
You can Sue even Ado Bayero's mosque if they do any event outside 5daily Prayers(using loud speaker). I have come across several case like this in kano many mosque were sued for performing over night prayers and the Court called the mosque to order by stopping them from using Loudspeaker execept during 5daily Prayers.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by eriegua83: 6:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
U may even visit the grave b4 the old woman, na by age dem dey take die. Ur mates re in heaven.
Shadydamsel: i wonder if it is only churches dat makes noise in d environment. What about Mosque, dat prays 5 time daily. As early as 5am u will start hearing noises. Letz not be prejudice. d old woman dat should be even praying for herself because she is closer to d grave self is complaining.....
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by vicfajeze: 6:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
[b][/b] cry[color=#000000][/color]abi the woman wan Sue God?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
maclatunji: Interesting stuff...

What about the irritating noise those una horn speakers do make?.. Man park well ooo cause i know why you posted this ish here.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by olawaletaiwo(m): 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
money-hungry :
dat branch of redeem don turn to ECKANKAR be dat o.
#zero-noise.

God, have mercy... na by false
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Urchmichael: 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Chanchit:

U knw wetin them dey call tabatiada or hontu, if them unleash am for u, the noise go sweet for ur ear.
L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿ ! I couldn't control myself laughing in a public bus. Please I beg in the name of God what is Tabatiada?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Symphony007: 6:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
Churches should not be allowed in residential areas. They should be kept in one vincinity so they'll all do noise competition.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by seyi360(m): 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
It will b almost impossible to enact a law dat restricts places of worship frm residential areas in dis society.However,I think vigils can be held without public address systems in a small congregation.While big congregations should endeavour to turn down their speakers at vigils
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Bella3(f): 6:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
informatix: You can Sue even Ado Bayero's mosque if they do any event outside 5daily Prayers(using loud speaker). I have come across several case like this in kano many mosque were sued for performing over night prayers and the Court called the mosque to order by stopping them from using Loudspeaker execept during 5daily Prayers.
in that case, you'd have to pardon church services too. No?
All noise is noise. Both mosques and churches should keep their speakers to themselves. The state should be seperated from religion! If a person doesnt knw when to pray, then he shouldnt!

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: in that case, you'd have to pardon church services too. No?
All noise is noise. Both mosques and churches should keep their speakers to themselves. The state should be seperated from religion! If a person doesnt knw when to pray, then he shouldnt!
I'm impressed. :-)
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by kedukc(m): 7:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
I wanna be on the jury for this case. Churches gotta turn it down.

In addition, why can't government apportion swathes of land for religious areas, just like we have industrial, agricultural and commercial zones in our cities?

My 2 cents
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by afm4ever(m): 7:04pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: yes, actualy nt music. Sound in irregular frequency(noise) mostly in a strange language i dnt understand... Esp. During ramadan from 12-4am i no fit sleep.
All i hear is:
call:la ila ila ala ila la la
response: la ila la ila la
for good four hours!
Then every 4:30am(when the sleep is sweetest) i hear chants of prayer that disturbs the still of the early mornings.
lol nne i no wan laff dis nite i take God beg u pls
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Bella3(f): 7:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: I'm impressed. :-)
Graciáscheesy
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Bella3(f): 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
afm4ever: lol nne i no wan laff dis nite i take God beg u pls
grin
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: Graciáscheesy
Meaning?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Bella3(f): 7:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: Meaning?
'THANK YOU'
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by naptu2: 7:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
While formulating this policy, the government invited religious and other groups to a meeting and advised them to soundproof their auditoriums and remove outward facing loudspeakers.

I remember that Dr Muiz Banire, when he was commissioner for the environment, said (on Channels TV's Sunrise programme) that he had to remove the electricity generator in his office because the noise it emitted was above the 52 decibels limit.

Tests were conducted on public school kids and it was discovered that most of them have one sort of hearing impairment or the other. This, among other reasons, made the government to act to tackle noise pollution.

Several churches, mosques, bars, music stores, etc have been warned or shut because of this problem.

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by IYANGBALI: 7:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
ypzilanti: The fanatics will support anything. The woman want peace in her house. Let her have peace. How would the church feel if someone opened a nightclub next door and was playing Azonto at high volume when they are having prayers.

The woman in question likely goes to church like most Christians. Must she now also have to hear a church service when she wants to sleep, or read, or even think?

Our Lord Jesus said to do unto others as you would like them to do unto you...oh I forgot that it's what the pastor says that matters to psycho members.
God bless you jare

1 Like

Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: 'THANK YOU'
Okay. Gracias
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
LMAO @ GRANDMA lol

grin grin grin

I hope they don't call her a witch and burn the poor helpless woman. Naijas.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
Well done mama, make dem no take noise kpai you before your time.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Akainzo(m): 8:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
chakula:

If you did not come in defence of your religion who else will represent you.

The case is very simple if the man was there before the church then he has the right to fight for his right and if it was happened that the church was there before him then he can relocate to the silence area simple.

The Lagos state law is not based on who got there first! It is that you need to respect others while carrying out your own duties/functions.
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by REVOLUTNIS: 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
Fool at 79
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: Fool at 79

You are insulting an elderly woman for fighting for ger peace of mind.if you die by 40 2moro pple will start saying God why!! Old people spend much of their tym resting and sleeping that is what the church was taking away from her.she was right to complain
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by Sagamite(m): 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Too many churches and mosques in Nigeria.nice one from g-mum

Your point is?

That is like stating too many McDonalds and Starbucks in America.

Those are the famous business chains in America. The churches are the famous business chains in Nigeria.

You no wan make pastors make money again?
Re: 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution by luxanne(f): 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
walahi, i thank God i don't stay near any church. That one na night vigil all through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? / Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21')

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.