Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F (13813 Views)

Ramadhan Vs World Cup – Shaykh Salih / The Permissibility Of Observing Eid Maulid Dun-Nabi (Prophet' Birthday) / Rulings On Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Saalih Ibn Fawzaan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by Wsdm: 11:03am On Jan 24, 2013
For taking your time to write all these on the day of the Maulud shows that you have also marked the "Birth day"( although in your own way). We are very aware of your type in our midst and have refused to join issues with you on a public forum like this. All the best and happy MAULUD to you.
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by Jarus(m): 11:19am On Jan 24, 2013
I don't celebrate it. I'm convinced by the arguments against it. It was never celebrated during the lifetime of the prophet (SAW), neither was it celebrated by his companions and predecessors. I consider it bid'ah and needless imitation of the Christians.
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by donsteady(m): 11:28am On Jan 24, 2013
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam. i no comment again
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by Belloladan(m): 11:30am On Jan 24, 2013
@Eazee-e pls. we dont need you here anymore this is islam forum meant for the only muslims dont ever use the moral equivalence argument' to compare islam with your xtianity you need to re-examine your own subconcious pyschological motives becouse you're in deep denial and trying to delude others remember. No delution re self-inflicted. pls. vamus now!
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by alowobaba(m): 11:33am On Jan 24, 2013
Nothing, not Quran nor Hadith informs us
that Prophet Muhammed (SAW) celebrated
his birthday on this day(12 Rabiul Awwal)
when he was alive and so also the right
guarded Khalifas did not celebrate it for him
when he was no more. So beware of
innovation as every innovation is misguided
and every misguided is hell fire. Offer many
salawats to the noble Prophet but not on the
premise that today is his birthday.
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by adaybayor(m): 11:46am On Jan 24, 2013
Akpan107: The Quran confirmed Jesus as the Messiah, the Word of God and the Spirit from God (Quran Sura 4:171) the Bible also confirmed that, too. Now, The word of God (Jesus) has been with God right before the world was created and the world was created through the word of God (Jesus). Jesus is the word of God and the Word of God is God! My Dear Muslim friends, accept Jesus as your Messiah (Messiah means, ''Saviour''), the Word of God & the Spirit from God as recorded in the Quran. Jesus is your only Saviour, Accept Him Now! Tomorrow maybe too late.

STF! Don't you people have limits, who cares to hear your preaching. Proving jesus is god using math interpolation. The Word of god is god? Then I guess the son of your father is your father, does that make sense?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by mu2sa2: 11:54am On Jan 24, 2013
That one innovation leads to another is evident in mawlud celebration- it's not just about remembering the birth of the prophet quietly, but it's now "eid". In the first place mawlud should not even be an issue, after all celebrating birthday is not an islamic tradition (not even in our local culture). I dont understand why some people are arguing now that mawlud is sunnah.The prophets admonition is, leave what you are in doubt for what you are not in doubt:since opinion is divided on mawlud celebration, the best course is to treat the celebration as doubtful and follow the words of rasul.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by tbaba1234: 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
Akpan107: The Quran confirmed Jesus as the Messiah, the Word of God and the Spirit from God (Quran Sura 4:171) the Bible also confirmed that, too. Now, The word of God (Jesus) has been with God right before the world was created and the world was created through the word of God (Jesus). Jesus is the word of God and the Word of God is God! My Dear Muslim friends, accept Jesus as your Messiah (Messiah means, ''Saviour''), the Word of God & the Spirit from God as recorded in the Quran. Jesus is your only Saviour, Accept Him Now! Tomorrow maybe too late.

Wrong... Messiah means annointed in hebrew and it was a common word among jews.... It also has arabic roots, we can go into the arabic meaning later.

First of all, the understanding of Jesus (peace and blessings of God be upon him) as His Word directed to Mary is totally different from the understanding, you have presented above.

Now, let me quote the ayah you presented:

People of the Book, do not go to excess in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary, a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers and do not speak of a ‘Trinity’– stop [this], that is better for you– God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. (Surah 4:171)

Now what exactly does His word directed to Mary mean? well, we find out from the Quran as well.

Allah says in the Quran:

She said, ‘My Lord, how can I have a son when no man has touched me?’ [The angel] said, ‘This is how God creates what He will: when He has ordained something, He only says, “Be”, and it is. (Surah 3:47)

The word directed to Mary is the command 'Be' and Jesus became....

Now Jesus is the manifestation of a command of God, that word from God directed to Mary.

He is a slave and a messenger of God ... God says the same things about the creation of Adam, a command from God as well

In God’s eyes Jesus is just like Adam: He created him from dust, said to him, ‘Be’, and he was. This is the truth from your Lord, so do not be one of those who doubt. (Surah 3:59-60)

So your understanding of what Jesus as a word directed to Mary is totally different from the muslim understanding.

Jesus is just a manifestation of the command of God, Just like Adam and many other things in the Universe.

I hope i have clarified the Islamic Understanding of what a word from God means...

5 Likes

Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by bakila: 12:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
Horlawoomey: . . . . . . . . . . . . There own confusion is better than your own assurance. Get a life JULIE

Apt comment, whether u are second as usual or not.
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by Akpan107(m): 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
adaybayor:

STF! Don't you people have limits, who cares to hear your preaching. Proving jesus is god using math interpolation. The Word of god is god? Then I guess the son of your father is your father, does that make sense?
If you like, believe in your Messiah (Jesus) or leave, that does'nt change anything & it would never change the fact that Jesus is the Word of God. You can believe in whatever you like... But Jesus the Messiah, the word of God and the Spirit from God remians the unchanging fact!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by kolamilan(m): 1:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
[quote author=vizboy][/quote] why do you have to quote everything.
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by HIV1: 1:39pm On Jan 24, 2013
In Islam there are two festivals 1. Eid Fitri and Eid Kabir
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by sureway1(m): 1:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
FG take note there shudn't be any irrelevant public holiday hence..
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by talk2me006(m): 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2013
Julieccentric: Confused peeps!
Are u alright?
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by Akpan107(m): 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
tbaba1234:

Wrong... Messiah means annointed in hebrew and it was a common word among jews.... It also has arabic roots, we can go into the arabic meaning later.

First of all, the understanding of Jesus (peace and blessings of God be upon him) as His Word directed to Mary is totally different from the understanding, you have presented above.

Now, let me quote the ayah you presented:

People of the Book, do not go to excess in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary, a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers and do not speak of a ‘Trinity’– stop [this], that is better for you– God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. (Surah 4:171)

Now what exactly does His word directed to Mary mean? well, we find out from the Quran as well.

Allah says in the Quran:

She said, ‘My Lord, how can I have a son when no man has touched me?’ [The angel] said, ‘This is how God creates what He will: when He has ordained something, He only says, “Be”, and it is. (Surah 3:47)

The word directed to Mary is the command 'Be' and Jesus became....

Now Jesus is the manifestation of a command of God, that word from God directed to Mary.

He is a slave and a messenger of God ... God says the same things about the creation of Adam, a command from God as well

In God’s eyes Jesus is just like Adam: He created him from dust, said to him, ‘Be’, and he was. This is the truth from your Lord, so do not be one of those who doubt. (Surah 3:59-60)

So your understanding of what Jesus as a word directed to Mary is totally different from the muslim understanding.

Jesus is just a manifestation of the command of God, Just like Adam and many other things in the Universe.

I hope i have clarified the Islamic Understanding of what a word from God means...

Meaning of Messiah: Jesus Christ who was sent by God into the world to Save people from Evil and sins- Oxford Dictionary. Have you clearly seen that Jesus is the Messiah (Saviour) as recorded in Quran 4v171? Was Muhammad ever called Messiah in the Quran?

...His word directed to Mary, whose word? God's word.
...A Spirit from Him, whose Spirit? It's God's Spirit... With your above post, you're still re-confirming Jesus to be the word of God which He is.
Take note! ... And a Spirit from God not and angel. The Bible said ''the word of God is Spirit and Truth''

Adam was created from the dust and God breath live into him, and he became a living being. Did the Quran or the Bible called Adam the word of God, the Messiah or a Spirit from God?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by Deen4me(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
63 years the Rasul PBUH spent on the surface of the Earth,

Not once did he celebrate His Birthday,

His wifes, children,close companions, relatives ; no one did that for him

The Sahabahs (Companions) of the Rasul never celebrated His Birthday even though they where the Best generation who had the best understanding of the Deen

The Second generation Came after and nothing of such was done.

Now some people want to introduce a matter which is not from the religion .....

May Allah protect us from the innovators and inovations

2 Likes

Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by Infoman51: 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
Maulid is bidah, no doubt about it
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by Rafidi: 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
Permissibility of Mawlid Based on the Quran:

1.) “So (as for) those who believe in him and honour him and help him, and follow the light which has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.” (Surat A'raf: 157)

2.) ‘Say: Because of the (fadl) Blessings of Allah and His (rahma) Mercy you should celebrate (with happiness and pleasure). That is better than what (wealth) they amass.’ (Q.10:58).

3.) "And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds". (Q. 21:107)

4.) ‘Indeed Allah conferred a great favour on the believers when he sent among them a Messenger (Muhammad)’ (Q.3:164)

5.) ‘That is the Grace of Allah, which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allah is the owner of Mighty Grace.’(Q.62:4)

6.) ‘And send salaam on him the day he (Yahya) was born, and the day he dies and the day he will be raised up to life (again).’ (Q.19:15)

Permissibility of Mawlid in Sunnah (Hadiths)

1.) In a Hadith narrated by Abu Qatada Ansari (rad), Allah's Messenger (SAW) was asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: ‘It is (the day) when I was born and revelation was sent down to me.’

References:

a.) Sahih Muslim, Book 6 – Fasting, Vol. 7, Page 323, Hadith 2807
b.) Asad al-Gaba fi Ma’arfat as-Sahaba, Vol. 1, Page 21-22, published in Lahore 1987
c.) Sunan al-Kubra lil Bayhaqi, Vol. 4, Page 286
d.) Musannaf Abd ar-Razzak, Vol. 4, Page 296, Hadith7865
e.) Sunan Abi Dawood, Vol. 7, Page 255, Hadith 2428
f.) Musnad Ahmad, Vol. 49, Page 195, Hadith 23200

2.) The Prophet (SAW) himself celebrated his birth. In a Hadith narrated by Anas, in the Sunan of Imam Bayhaqi, (v.9 p.300 no. 43), states that the Prophet (SAW) sacrificed some animals and performed an aqiqa for himself after the announcement of his Prophethood.

Imam Suyuti states that this was not an aqiqa done in the traditional sense since his grandfather had already performed it. It is not possible to repeat an act of Shari’ah once it is already done. Imam Suyuti states that the reason for the sacrifice of the animals was an act of thankfulness and a celebration done by the Prophet (SAW) for his birth. Imam Suyuti concludes that it is mustahab (advisable) for us to celebrate the mawlid in ijtima (collectively) since the Prophet (SAW) sacrificed animals and distributed the food and thus we too should have a gathering and distribute food and rejoice in a good manner (‘Husn Maqsid fî `Amal-il mawlid by Imâm Jalâl ad-Dîn Suyûtî, pp. 64-6).

Some critics may argue that since the Prophet’s original aqiqa was done in the period of jahliyyah he wanted to repeat it to ensure its proper performance. However this is not a valid argument because why were other acts not repeated by the Prophet (SAW)? For example why did he not repeat his nikah to Hadrat Khadija (rad) which was originally done prior to Prophethood?

3.) Imam Al Suyuti, from Alhawi lil fatawi, wrote a chapter entitled ‘The Good Intention in Commemorating the Mawlid’ in which he said, ‘To commemorate the Mawlid, which is basically gathering people together, reciting parts of the Qu'ran, narrating stories about the Prophet's birth and the signs that accompanied it, then serving food, and afterwards, departing, is one of the good innovations; and the one who practices it gets rewarded, because it involves venerating the status of the Prophet and expressing joy for his honourable birth.’

4.) Allama Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah, a renowned student of Imam Ibn Taymiyya, writes, in Madarij as-Salikin. ‘Listening to a good voice celebrating the birthday of the Prophet (SAW) or celebrating any of the holy days in our history gives peace to the heart, and gives the listener light from the Prophet (SAW) to his heart, and he will drink more from the Muhammadan spring’

5.) Ibn Kathir showing his appreciation of celebrating the Mawlid, mentions in Al Bidayah wan Nihayah the Islamic ruler Malik al-Muzzafar. He writes, ‘During Rabi ul Awwal he used to celebrate Mawlid with great celebration, Moreover, he was benevolent, brave, wise, a scholar, and a just person. Shaykh Abul Khattab wrote a book on Mawlid an Nabi for him and named it At-Tanwir fi Mawlid al Bashir al Nazeer, for which he gave him 1000 dinars. His rule stayed till the Rule of Salahiya and he captured Aka and he remained a man worthy of respect. Al-Sabt mentions that a person attending the gathering of Mawlid held by Muzzafar said: He used to fill the table with 5000 well cooked goats, 10,000 chickens, 100-thousand bowls (of milk) and 30,000 trays of sweets.’ This clearly indicates that the practise of Mawlid was commemorated by those who were authorities in Islam.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by Rafidi: 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2013
The Permissibility Of Observing Eid Maulid Dun-Nabi (Prophet' Birthday)

https://www.nairaland.com/1171636/permissibility-observing-eid-maulid-dun-nabi
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by Rafidi: 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
fellis: Why una put this thing for front page na? What if my boss sees it?
I took the day off from externship work when others are still going to work because they thought I needed to celebrate the eid.
Anyway if they find this thread out I can always tell them that I am a Shia Muslim so I celebrate id el Maulud tongue

Sunnis mark the birthday of the Prophet (s) on the 12th of Rabiul-Awwal.Shia mark it on the 17th of Rabiul-Awwal.in Iran (where the Shia are predominant),the entire week from the 12th to the 17th is known as ISLAMIC UNITY WEEK to mark the Prophet's (s) birthday.both Shia and Sunnis mark it.only the salafist ideologists among Sunnis do not,and they form a tiny minority,and are prevalent in saudi arabia.

so the birthday of the Prophet (s) is not a Shia-Sunni issue.
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by zaklamar: 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2013
Thank God for this kind of opportunity,at least to create awareness to people that islam is a complete religion that need no addition or subtraction.people tends to introduce new things to the religion all in the name of modernizing islam.islam do need all that we have prescribed ways of doing things.PLS LET US FOLLOW SUNNAH AND THE HOLY BOOK,LET LEAVE WORLDLY THINGS.HAPPY MOLOUD NABIY TO ALL MUSLIMS.
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by ProfSule(m): 4:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
tbaba1234:

SubhanAllah, You see no wrong in this innovation..

Do you love the prophet more than his companions? the ones who sacrificed their wealth and their lives for this message?

Did the companions of the prophet celebrate his birthday? No!!

The religion is complete, the prophet would have told us if we needed to celebrate his birthday.

slm.
My dear brother there is no harm in doing maulud.
What is maulud? is d rememberance of prophet's birthday nd month. what is done at d maulud festival? telling gud stories of d prophet, hw he ws, d way he bahaved nd many more. which wen heard d imaan of our brodas will increase nd many of them will lyk to tk sum of d steps of d prophet(sunnah).
what is d origin of maulud? Allah d great is d first dat did maulud to d prophet, he told d stories of oda prophets to Muhammad(SAW). And again after d wafati(dead) of d prophet, his sahabbai(disciples) sat roundedly tym to tym to discuss d gud memories of d prophet(SAW). So many tins equivalent to dis hv been happening. So i dnt see d reason why we shouldnt celebrate d birth of d greatest creature of all mankind. Even ur birthday or sum1's birthday, u do celebrate it. So my broda wat u dnt knw, u dnt knw, seek for it. Knowledge is broad, is lyk an ocean, u cnt finish it. Bissalam
Re: Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F by marshal4us(m): 4:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
idirect: Prophet Muhammed said he do fast on monday because that was the day he was born.@OP Can you please tell me what rosulilah was doing by that if not maolid nabbiy/birthday?
brother you ar on point...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Overcome Sexual Temptation In Ramadan / To My Muslim Brothers: Don't Drink The New Fanta Apple! / I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.