Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,783 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. (1177 Views)

The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Cheers01: 4:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
It is almost unbelievable but atheism and islam have a common ground. The common ground is that they both have no authoritative leadership. In islam, there is no ultimate imam or cleric like the pope or the hierarchy in the catholic church. Islam has the Quran that is the ultimate. Atheism is similar, there are no popes of atheism and no doctrines/books of atheism.

The big difference/question

Why is it then that atheism which has no sense of organisation or unity or constitution seems to be less divided than islam? We dont see atheistic Buddhists killing agnostics or secular humanists bombing atheistic satanists? This is unlike islam where we see Sunnis killing Shias, Shia killing sunnis, Ahmadiya muslims being killed by other muslims etc.

Why? Why is there chaos in the organised religion of islam rather than the "constituionless" atheism?
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by justaqad(m): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ask Majek Fashek... Drugs aint good for you.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
justaqad: Ask Majek Fashek... Drugs aint good for you.

Stop trolling and address the topic
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by justaqad(m): 6:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Stop trolling and address the topic

He's not making any sense... There's no corelation between Atheism and Islam...none
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
justaqad:

He's not making any sense... There's no corelation between Atheism and Islam...none

Wow. How ignorant. Read the first line again
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by justaqad(m): 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow. How ignorant. Read the first line again

You are better than this......
Maybe you should elaborate on the first line,since I ve failed to grasp its meaning
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
justaqad:

You are better than this......
Maybe you should elaborate on the first line,since I ve failed to grasp its meaning
undecided
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by justaqad(m): 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:
undecided

Thought as much
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
@OP you seem to like fluid (unconnected) associations. Islam and Atheism in a sentence is a dire insult to humanity as a whole (even if majority of humanity could care less). your "Authoritative Leadership" association is fundamentally flawed. Atheism has a Thought Leadership which is Total Submission to REASON. on the other hand, you can second-guess Islams' .. Allah or Prophet Mohammed (Bless His Gentle Soul)BHGS or Sheikh Gummi or other Spiritual Leaders with wildly varied (violent) doctrines... this is the only reason why they kill their brethren as much as they loath infidels.
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by EvilBrain1(m): 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
OP is trying to compare apples and pick-up trucks. Atheism is not a religion so I don't see why you expect us to have any kind of leadership structure. Do people who don't support Arsenal football club have a global leadership structure?

How come the Ibo ITAs (Indifferent to Arsenals) aren't killing and bombing Yoruba ITAs? After all, since the Muslims are doing it, it makes sense that every other group should also be like them.
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: @OP you seem to like fluid (unconnected) associations. Islam and Atheism in a sentence is a dire insult to humanity as a whole (even if majority of humanity could care less). your "Authoritative Leadership" association is fundamentally flawed. Atheism has a Thought Leadership which is Total Submission to REASON. on the other hand, you can second-guess Islams' .. Allah or Prophet Mohammed (Bless His Gentle Soul)BHGS or Sheikh Gummi or other Spiritual Leaders with wildly varied (violent) doctrines... this is the only reason why they kill their brethren as much as they loath infidels.

Na me be this? Kai see as them finish me for this thread!
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
Evil Brain: OP is trying to compare apples and pick-up trucks. Atheism is not a religion so I don't see why you expect us to have any kind of leadership structure. Do people who don't support Arsenal football club have a global leadership structure?

How come the Ibo ITAs (Indifferent to Arsenals) aren't killing and bombing Nigerian ITAs? Since the Muslims are doing it, it makes sense that every other group should also be like them.

sad sad sad
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
@ Everyone, I was pointing to the fact that both Islam and Atheism do not have an established authority figure.

That is the point
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by onetrack(m): 10:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
Cheers01: It is almost unbelievable but atheism and islam have a common ground. The common ground is that they both have no authoritative leadership. In islam, there is no ultimate imam or cleric like the pope or the hierarchy in the catholic church. Islam has the Quran that is the ultimate. Atheism is similar, there are no popes of atheism and no doctrines/books of atheism.

The Shias actually do have a hierarchy somewhat like the Catholic Church. The highest ranking cleric is called an "Ayatollah", and their interpretations are often considered as authoritative. Also some of the Ismailis have type of "Pope" called the Aga Khan.
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
onetrack:

The Shias actually do have a hierarchy somewhat like the Catholic Church. The highest ranking cleric is called an "Ayatollah", and their interpretations are often considered as authoritative. Also some of the Ismailis have type of "Pope" called the Aga Khan.

Thanks, didnt know that!
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by wiegraf: 11:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03: @ Everyone, I was pointing to the fact that both Islam and Atheism do not have an established authority figure.

That is the point

Atheism is supposed to have established authority figures?

And yes, ayatollah's, etc. Even sunnis sort of have hierarchies and what not. I can't see how it's different from say catholics vs protestants, unless I'm missing something.
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 23, 2013
wiegraf:

Atheism is supposed to have established authority figures?

Of course not! smiley
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by wiegraf: 12:03am On Jan 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

Of course not! smiley

Oh, I see what you mean. You thought it weird that muslims don't have authority figures, not that atheists should have such figures. My bahdt

1 Like

Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 23, 2013
wiegraf:

Oh, I see what you mean. You thought it weird that muslims don't have authority figures, not that atheists should have such figures. My bahdt

no probs
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Nobody: 5:20am On Jan 23, 2013
AHusubillah mina shaitanyh Rahjim...
darkness and light?
the diff. is clear
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Bella3(f): 11:54am On Jan 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

Na me be this? Kai see as them finish me for this thread!
oh... So your alias is 'cheers'?

Comparing islam and atheism? *sigh*
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 23, 2013
Bélla3: oh... So your alias is 'cheers'?

Comparing islam and atheism? *sigh*

Cheers01 is for islamic posts due to some......ehem...unfortuante reasons
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Bella3(f): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

Cheers01 is for islamic posts due to some......ehem...unfortuante reasons
grin
Fear of maclatunji.... Lol
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by justaqad(m): 12:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
Bélla3: grin
Fear of maclatunji...
Is the beginning of Wisdom
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by Bella3(f): 12:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
justaqad:
Is the beginning of Wisdom
lol...
The guy makes me scared of...
Re: Atheism Vs Islam; No Leadership, Different Results. by justaqad(m): 12:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
Bélla3: lol...
The guy makes me scared of...

thunderbolt? lol
he's truly remarkable..atleast the likes of logicboi would accelerate less wen approaching islam section . hehehehehehe

(1) (Reply)

World's Largest Church Is In Nigeria! / Gays And Lesbians,sodomites & Gomorites,should God Apologize For Destroying U B4 / Signs: How To Know Demonic Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.