Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,076 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:24 AM

What Dish Is Perculiar To your Hometown? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Dish Is Perculiar To your Hometown? (783 Views)

What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? / When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown / How Every 26th Of December Is Spent In My Hometown (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Dish Is Perculiar To your Hometown? by Tolexander: 10:28am On Jan 23, 2013
In every part of the world, there is always a food that is popular with the people which may be as a result of the abundance of the ingredient used in preparing the food e.g fish in the riverine areas or as a result of the tradition/culture attached to it e.g new yam festival in many towns in the south west.
My town is Iresi, boluwaduro LG in osun state, the food popular among my people is 'iyan' (pounded yam) and it is prepared by steaming yam before naw pounding in a mortar with pestle. It is often served with egusi or vegetable. I will like to hear out ur contributions
Re: What Dish Is Perculiar To your Hometown? by EzePromoe: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ofe Onugbu (bitter leaf soup)
Re: What Dish Is Perculiar To your Hometown? by Tolexander: 6:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: Ofe Onugbu (bitter leaf soup)
nice! Also ate it yestanight.
Can you tell me how it is prepared?
Re: What Dish Is Perculiar To your Hometown? by ifyalways(f): 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Nsala na nri oka.(white soup and corn flour)

Önugbo na Akpu(bitterleaf soup and cassava fufu.)
Re: What Dish Is Perculiar To your Hometown? by Tolexander: 6:46am On Jan 24, 2013
ifyalways: Nsala na nri oka.(white soup and corn flour)

Önugbo na Akpu(bitterleaf soup and cassava fufu.)
k! Where is your hometown?
Re: What Dish Is Perculiar To your Hometown? by ibide(m): 8:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
Urbobo we have ukodo ovwo oil (soup ) amiedi banger soup
Re: What Dish Is Perculiar To your Hometown? by Tolexander: 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
ibide: Urbobo we have ukodo ovwo oil (soup ) amiedi banger soup
nice! May i know the ingredient and the preparation?
Re: What Dish Is Perculiar To your Hometown? by theolar: 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
From Sagamu in Ogun state we have ifokore or ikokore ( waTer yam porridge)
Re: What Dish Is Perculiar To your Hometown? by Tolexander: 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2013
theolar: From Sagamu in Ogun state we have ifokore or ikokore ( waTer yam porridge)
ijebu i guess?
Mum seldom prepare the food but i dont really like it anyway though every member of my family likes it.
May i know how it is prepared?

(1) (Reply)

Naigeria Can U Beleive That Camilla Mberekpe Confesses To Beig A Witch???????? / The Ebola And The Fufu Nation: Extinction? / Why Are There More Female Members In Cele And C&S Churches? Views Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.